Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

45 minutes ago, TexasRenegade said:

Literal text I got today.  He's not a BMD by any means but he is connected to a lot of people...... I am obviously of a different opinion......I will give him credit though....he was right that we should have hired James Franklin instead of Charlie.

"not a fan of this move . I like Herman . He took over a depleted program and I think has done a decent job. Part of the reason to get rid of him is the issue of the players and the eyes of Texas issue . Cancel culture strikes again ."

Well to say we have made great moves would be well... incorrect.  I like Herman, but for heaven's sake, saying that "He took over a depleted program" is fucking nuts.  We had a lot of quality players in the folks that Strong brought in.  Compared the the tinker toy toolbox Strong inherited, Herman had a truck full of Snap on tools!  Now Herman did run off a shit ton of those guys, so the team he fielded his first season was very different from the team he inherited.  

I like Herman generally, but for fucks sake, penalties are usually do to a lack of discipline.  And while the bonehead plays that caused the penalties were the players fault, ultimately it's the coaches job to keep the errors to a minimum.

I will also say that we are not going to have a massive donor exodus, as folks are gonna be desperate next year to see Texas games.  No matter who the coach is, that's the covid factor.  IF you can't make a clear upgrade that creates a buzz, what't the point of eating $16 mil?

Edited by horn4life

5 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

I use aggy because its kind of funny in a "collective" description kind of way and its easier than typing Sheep fuckers or corp-turds.  Then again I've never thought this board as the height of social sophistication.  It is possible I'm wrong though because of the way Newy25 has bashed the McRib eating audience.

I say "aggy" because I know it pisses them off and is a rebuke of their using "tu" for UT.

Plus, it helps us differentiate them from the other Aggies at NMSU, NC A&T, Cal-Davis, etc.

• Hook 'Em 1

If you guys would just read the tea leaves and chicken bones correctly, it’s all been spelled out. 

there will be no formal announcement. Urban will do his pregame show stuff on Saturday, herman will coach the game. 

but...

at around kickoff of our game, UM will jump on the plane, destination manhattan,KS. As the team leaves the field for halftime, Tom will be quietly diverted. The team will enter the locker room to see UM waiting on them. He will tell the team and coaching staff that he’s the man now, and that they are playing and coaching the second half to show why they should be kept around, and that anyone not on board should grab a seat in the bus tom herman is currently sitting in. 
then he leads them out onto the field to the surprise of us all. Telecasts all throughout the country break from the action to show Meyer and talk about Texas.  It couldn’t be more obvious if you think about it. 

in other words, I’d watch the game if I were you. 

ps- urban’s mcrib commercial with a Longhorns pullover has already been shot and booked for the second half. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, horn4life said:

IF we get Meyer, Herman is gone.  But if not Urban Meyer, what coach you gonna bring in that justifies your almost $16 million buyout?  I think it' a legitimate question.

Hate to say it, but I'm afraid this might be the exact question people are asking themselves.  If we don't get Urban, there's a chance Herman is back and we're proper fucked.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Hate to say it, but I'm afraid this might be the exact question people are asking themselves.  If we don't get Urban, there's a chance Herman is back and we're proper fucked.

Ya.  If that happens it falls to one of the coordinators for a lame duck year.  It won't be Herman either way.

34 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

I'm obviously biased, but not sold that the Kendra F900 was a nothingburger. No offense to theBigHen and his thirteen posts, but all we heard was that there was no one "recognizably important" on the plane. The theory was it was Urban friends & family, so wouldn't expect them to be. The little we were told was passengers included "a man, a middle aged man, and a woman."

The woman could have been Shelley or a daughter.@ChiTownDoc also said the following yesterday in re to the Sarasota to ATX flight: "Those are people close to Urbs.  Bruce Cassidy is very close to Urban and his family.  He owns the concession golf club in Sarasota.  I’ll let you all connect the dots." Bruce Cassidy is a middle-aged man. As for the third man, no idea, but in theory could be any other friend/family member without more details. 

And all that is underscored by the fact that the report came third-hand from a friend at Atlantic, and theBigHen even noted that "they have strict protocols now after what happened when Saban came to town." Friend could have given theBigHen bad info, not gotten an eye on others on the plane (didn't sound he like he had a close/good vantage point given the very limited and vague details we got), been scouting out the wrong plane - or hell, maybe the friend doesn't exist.

Just saying, not staking my life on the plane being a bonafide hit, we'll probably never know. But way too much went on with it before the ATX landing for me to dismiss it given the above. 

The Meyers have used big time donors’ jets to fly places.  I don’t think that’s a big secret.  What I said was factual - but I joked about connecting the dots because we all know if there’s 20 possibilities, most people here only want to talk about the 1 in those 20.  And that’s natural.  There is a lot of smoke though.  

Edited by ChiTownDoc

3 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

I say "aggy" because I know it pisses them off and is a rebuke of their using "tu" for UT.

Plus, it helps us differentiate them from the other Aggies at NMSU, NC A&T, Cal-Davis, etc.

It's also a respect thing. I hate OU way more than aggy, but I also respect them as a worthy rival, so I rarely leave OU or Sooners uncapitalized. 

Kind of a "stoop to their level" thing, too, but you nailed it with atm. I don't care because I know how much it irritates them and it's funny. 

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, horn4life said:

Well to say we have made great moves would be well... incorrect.  I like Herman, but for heaven's sake, saying that "He took over a depleted program" is fucking nuts.  We had a lot of quality players in the folks that Strong brought in.  Compared the the tinker toy toolbox Strong inherited, Herman had a truck full of Snap on tools!  Now Herman did run off a shit ton of those guys, so the team he fielded his first season was very different from the team he inherited.  

I like Herman generally, but for fucks sake, penalties are usually do to a lack of discipline.  And while the bonehead plays that caused the penalties were the players fault, ultimately it's the coaches job to keep the errors to a minimum.

I will also say that we are not going to have a massive donor exodus, as folks are gonna be desperate next year to see Texas games.  No matter who the coach is, that's the covid factor.  IF you can't make a clear upgrade that creates a buzz, what't the point of eating $16 mil?

If we’ve established that Tom herman is not the guy, exactly how long would you keep paying him 6 million dollars to coach the team?  Until we can land dabo or Meyer or another coach proves himself at that level years from now and says yes to us?

or do we try a fickell or mullin for a similar salary, and the buyouts are the cost of doing business?  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

I want to know why I can't find a gif of Keanu Reeves saying "he's not coming back" at the end of Point Break. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

If you guys would just read the tea leaves and chicken bones correctly, it’s all been spelled out. 

there will be no formal announcement. Urban will do his pregame show stuff on Saturday, herman will coach the game. 

but...

at around kickoff of our game, UM will jump on the plane, destination manhattan,KS. As the team leaves the field for halftime, Tom will be quietly diverted. The team will enter the locker room to see UM waiting on them. He will tell the team and coaching staff that he’s the man now, and that they are playing and coaching the second half to show why they should be kept around, and that anyone not on board should grab a seat in the bus tom herman is currently sitting in. 
then he leads them out onto the field to the surprise of us all. Telecasts all throughout the country break from the action to show Meyer and talk about Texas.  It couldn’t be more obvious if you think about it. 

in other words, I’d watch the game if I were you. 

ps- urban’s mcrib commercial with a Longhorns pullover has already been shot and booked for the second half. 

Squid is that you ?

2 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

The Meyers have used big time donors jets to fly places.  I don’t think that’s a big secret.  What I said was factual - but I joked about connecting the dots because we all know if there’s 20 possibilities, most people here only want to talk about the 1 in those 20.  And that’s natural.  There is a lot of smoke though.  

We all know you're just feeding the Urban to Texas fire, so that Longhorn fans' hopes are even higher, and crash even harder when it ends up being Larry Coker.  

You heartless, evil bastage.

• Haha 1

Just now, JOSEYWALES66 said:

He may have turned the offer down at one point but he also may have reconsidered which some are speculating. 

I have it on some fairly reliable sources that he has never turned it down except for some very early overtures that didn’t come directly from UT brass.  Not sure it matters but pretty sure on that one. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

It's also a respect thing. I hate OU way more than aggy, but I also respect them as a worthy rival, so I rarely leave OU or Sooners uncapitalized. 

Kind of a "stoop to their level" thing, too, but you nailed it with atm. I don't care because I know how much it irritates them and it's funny. 

Worthy fucking adversary 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I have it on some fairly reliable sources that he has never turned it down except for some very early overtures that didn’t come directly from UT brass.  Not sure it matters but pretty sure on that one. 

Good.

Which side of the fence are you on?  Is Meyer going to Texas or not?

1 minute ago, utee94 said:

We all know you're just feeding the Urban to Texas fire, so that Longhorn fans' hopes are even higher, and crash even harder when it ends up being Larry Coker.  

You heartless, evil bastage.

God damn, a Larry Coker reference!   Legit lol

Legendary 

And I want to see Urban at UT.  Unlike a lot of fans my self worth isn’t tied to OU beating Texas.  So bring on the best version you got and let’s make the RRSO the marquee game for every cfb season.  And yes, this is a be careful what you wish for thing...

• Hook 'Em 3

21 minutes ago, pearlandhorn said:

I want him to use Big Noon as a platform for acceptance.  My dream would be CDC has given UM permission to fire Herman on set, for Urban to get a longhorn pin out of his pocket and put it on his suit jacket, put his feet up on the table, pull a cigar out of his pocket, light it as Reggie Bush and Matt Leinart laugh and say "You can't smoke in here!".  He will look at them, smile a sly grin, and Fox will go to commercial as he raises his right hand with the hook'em.

When it cuts to commercial, it's a car ad for Lincoln.  You don't see the driver other than eyes in the rear view.  He's saying random shit about the car, driving, etc.  Kind of sounds like McConaughey, but you're not sure.  The car comes to a stop, and the camera pulls back to reveal that its parked outside DKR.  The driver gets out.  It's UM.

13 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Nothing to turn down.  No "official" offer;)  So when anyone asks if he has been offered or has accepted an offer he can say "there is no truth to it".  

Edited by RollLeft
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, pearlandhorn said:

To summarize today for those who don't want to read the last 20 pages.  No one knows fuck all.

Thanks. I suspected as much. I’m checking in every 3-4 hours and this is all I need to know. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

this is precisely why i give 2 fucks if our cigars roll out fort fucking knox to pay the man.  everyone hates us, they fictionalize and lie their asses off (see: corn, aggy, mizzou), the sycophants in the msm dish it and have for decades, so it's about time we throw our weight around and make the corbys of the world eat a big fat dick.

Make it a shit burger (in keeping with one of the many themes of the thread).8CDD96C3-6754-4791-9095-359CC80F8604.jpeg.874bf9458f6b5227cde088b5a3fbe4b5.jpeg

41 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

I'm obviously biased, but not sold that the Kendra F900 was a nothingburger. No offense to theBigHen and his thirteen posts, but all we heard was that there was no one "recognizably important" on the plane. The theory was it was Urban friends & family, so wouldn't expect them to be. The little we were told was passengers included "a man, a middle aged man, and a woman."

The woman could have been Shelley or a daughter.@ChiTownDoc also said the following yesterday in re to the Sarasota to ATX flight: "Those are people close to Urbs.  Bruce Cassidy is very close to Urban and his family.  He owns the concession golf club in Sarasota.  I’ll let you all connect the dots." Bruce Cassidy is a middle-aged man. As for the third man, no idea, but in theory could be any other friend/family member without more details. 

And all that is underscored by the fact that the report came third-hand from a friend at Atlantic, and theBigHen even noted that "they have strict protocols now after what happened when Saban came to town." Friend could have given theBigHen bad info, not gotten an eye on others on the plane (didn't sound he like he had a close/good vantage point given the very limited and vague details we got), been scouting out the wrong plane - or hell, maybe the friend doesn't exist.

Just saying, not staking my life on the plane being a bonafide hit, we'll probably never know. But way too much went on with it before the ATX landing for me to dismiss it given the above. 

Nice reference to BigHen.  Appreciate your sleuthing on flights.

Time to order wings...

tenor.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic