Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

2 hours ago, HillaryFan420 said:

lol how many years did Mack take off of Colt's life with that 2009 CCG?  He looked concussed throughout the whole game.

Colt was running for his life due to shitty OL for a least the last 2 years until they let him get completely focked in the NC game.

That's on CEO butterteets too. He got to coast drawing high dollar paychecks and endorsements for the last 5 years, as HC of Steiner Ranch Golf Club.

He doesn't need any pity for fuck's sake.

Lastly UM doesn't need advise from MackFulmer. If FUPM can sway UM not to take the job, he must have early onset rapidly progressive dementia.

exactly, he cant say yes to a job that is not open
I keep hearing this, but here's what urbs could do...he could make that job instantly come open by saying yes, and close it same day by signing on all the lines the lawyer marked with an X.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, tejas60 said:

fuck cobra. the hardline has sucked dick since Rhynes left.

I mainly don't listen because I don't commute much at all during COVID work from home.   But I haven't really missed it.   Can only fathom how insufferable Corby is on any segment he does on this (or on Texas this entire year).  

6 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

at around kickoff of our game, UM will jump on the plane, destination manhattan,KS. As the team leaves the field for halftime, Tom will be quietly diverted. The team will enter the locker room to see UM waiting on them.

you're going to need one of these, and the proprietors don't take phone calls.

aurora.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, nnm said:

Thanks. I suspected as much. I’m checking in every 3-4 hours and this is all I need to know. 

I think all you need to do is look at the motto at the top of the page. When it changes, it’s like white smoke coming out of the Vatican.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

Good.

Which side of the fence are you on?  Is Meyer going to Texas or not?

I lean yes but I don’t think he was in Austin yet.  Without a contract signed and TH fired, it would be foolish to have him anywhere near Austin.  UT/CDC are meeting him on his turf or using zoom - it’s pretty risky from public perception standpoint to be caught meeting Urban with a coach currently under contract, with no termination.  
Also I think UT is going to pay a lot less than TH full buyout - getting caught at a meeting like that gives TH leverage.  Too many smart people involved to let that happen.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, MoJames said:

wtf this isn't the god damned recruiting forum

2 minutes ago, ConferenceRoom said:

Recruiting news. Kate. Other stuff. There's mountains of evidence against your position.

man makes a good point.  it is about another three or four bizarre, ten page tangents about whatever inconsequential banalities and bullshit away from being the recruiting thread.  it has all the same hallmarks.

1 minute ago, El Squared said:

Colt was running for his life due to shitty OL for a least the last 2 years until they let him get completely focked in the NC game.

That's on CEO butterteets too. He got to coast drawing high dollar paychecks and endorsements for the last 5 years, as HC of Steiner Ranch Golf Club.

He doesn't need any pity for fuck's sake.

Lastly UM doesn't need advise from MackFulmer. If FUPM can sway UM not to take the job, he must have early onset rapidly progressive dementia.

The 09 Big XII championship game was the most depressing victory I can remember. I mean holy shit, it was like watching a DV victim eventually escape their abuser.

25 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

oh christ, the narrative of firing him because of the eyes now.  fuck these people.  the dude couldn't come in second it what at this point might be the worst conference in P5 and will average losing 4-5 games per season being paid top 10 money.  

super troopers yes GIF by Fox Searchlight

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, ousux said:
2 hours ago, TexasGolf said:
exactly, he cant say yes to a job that is not open

I keep hearing this, but here's what urbs could do...he could make that job instantly come open by saying yes, and close it same day by signing on all the lines the lawyer marked with an X.

not when he needs to assemble a staff that includes people that are still actively working on meaningful seasons in december.  i know it's been ten years since we knew what that was but it matters.

1 minute ago, Foosters said:

The 09 Big XII championship game was the most depressing victory I can remember. I mean holy shit, it was like watching a DV victim eventually escape their abuser.

Alternatively, it was like cutting out the Huskers' hearts with a spoon.  Watching their fatass arrogant "best fans ever" try to start fights with Longhorns in the parking lots of Jerryworld after that game will always hold a special place in my heart. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, sidis said:

not when he needs to assemble a staff that includes people that are still actively working on meaningful seasons in december.  i know it's been ten years since we knew what that was but it matters.

no shit. tosu is still trying to make the playoffs. any tosu coach tied to urban hire would be a gigantic distraction. urban has a good relationship with those guys. he's not going to be a dick and cause a distraction.

Edited by crash_davis

36 minutes ago, Fug said:

Anyone else from DFW done with the hardline at this point? Corby has become exhausting

Also known as "The Biggest D-Bag on The Ticket", attended Tcu.

Name fits right??

(Looking better when opposing fan mouthpieces are speaking out against TEXAS)

8 minutes ago, tejas60 said:

fuck cobra. the hardline has sucked dick since Rhynes left.

hate to break it to you but the Hardline sucked for a long time - Rhynes has basically been phoning it in since Greggo left and absolutely was for the last few years with a handful of exceptions.

my Hardline listening went up about 1000% (granted this is because I sometimes turn it on now vs never before) but it has pretty clearly been the worst show on The Ticket for most of the last 5 years

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ConferenceRoom said:

I'm not going back to see what the responses were to this post, but if this wasn't corrected to beating Kansas last year by a walk off field goal then this site is slipping. 

27 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

this is precisely why i give 2 fucks if our cigars roll out fort fucking knox to pay the man.  everyone hates us, they fictionalize and lie their asses off (see: corn, aggy, mizzou), the sycophants in the msm dish it and have for decades, so it's about time we throw our weight around and make the corbys of the world eat a big fat dick.

Exactly correct. Everyone makes us out to be the bad guys anyway, even when we suck. Let 'em hate us for beating their asses from now on.

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, ztejas said:

It's also a respect thing. I hate OU way more than aggy, but I also respect them as a worthy rival, so I rarely leave OU or Sooners uncapitalized. 

Kind of a "stoop to their level" thing, too, but you nailed it with atm. I don't care because I know how much it irritates them and it's funny. 

No, fuck 0u too (zero U)

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic