Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

45 minutes ago, Meyer said:

Lmfao seee I can make one false statement and we all attack each other like piranhas that’s the state of Texas football. 

Why don’t you literally go fuck you own face and clean off the residual jizz with a shotgun? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Spankytoes said:

We're 100% painted into a corner. Tom knows he is a dead man walking. If UM says no, we aren't going to buyout Herman and insert another up and comer. That means Herman stays at a place where his employer tried to oust him and he has lost support of the fanbase. It would be an awkward situation at that point. 

There has been absolutely no hedging by people that actually know things.  Herman is gone regardless of who his replacement is.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Majorcholas said:

I was there and happened to be sitting near the achos parents. Nobody in the Texas stands knew what the hell happened on that play.

other top moments from that game:

1) some drunk dude yelling “show us your tits Lisa!” While Lisa salters was doing a sideline piece.

I have yelled this at least half a dozen times at every UT game and most of the professional sporting events I have attended since I was 16.  This is not unique.

Just now, TexasRenegade said:

There has been absolutely no hedging by people that actually know things.  Herman is gone regardless of who his replacement is.

this.  Herman is gone.  as an AD you don't keep a coach you want to fire because you don't get your plan A option.  Its completely opposite of how a good AD should work.  you have plan B and make sure plan B is an absolute go before you start talking to plan A.

25 minutes ago, Boogaloo said:

Didn't Dan Mullen fuck a shark?............ Actually no that was Jim McElwain ... hard to keep track of these Florida coaches

spacer.png

I have no doubt that this photo was a factor in McElwain getting fired.  Can anyone get a photo of Herman fucking a steer?.........

Edited by Steelers Roll Left

8 minutes ago, Steelers Roll Left said:

Can't get this image of Meyer watching his former Ohio State squad competing with Clemson in last year's College Football Playoff out of my mind.  Remember thinking at the time: That doesn't look like a man that wanted to retire....

10 seconds before the interception to end the game, the man in black...

Ok, awkward looking with the guy behind him.

Re waiting until after Kansas to have resolution. I don’t think Urban wants to wait for this to concretely decided one way or another (this pressure on him and his circle can’t be enjoyable). I don’t think Texas can afford to wait - having a new coach in after KSU provides about 9 days before early NSD to recruit, not to mention work to keep people from fleeing off the ship, signing with agents, etc. Waiting until after Kansas means roughly two days on the recruiting side. 

5 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

this.  Herman is gone.  as an AD you don't keep a coach you want to fire because you don't get your plan A option.  Its completely opposite of how a good AD should work.  you have plan B and make sure plan B is an absolute go before you start talking to plan A.

I've canned employees who'd been doing a much better job than Tom Herman has. And they weren't making quite his coin. 

Edited by Gut Wagon
Not fully hooked on phonics

11 minutes ago, Spankytoes said:

We're 100% painted into a corner. Tom knows he is a dead man walking. If UM says no, we aren't going to buyout Herman and insert another up and comer. That means Herman stays at a place where his employer tried to oust him and he has lost support of the fanbase. It would be an awkward situation at that point. 

So if this is true, either we're getting Meyer or we get Herman for another year.

Can anyone dispute the current BMD narrative that they ponied up for Herman's buyout with the contingency that it's only good if we get Meyer? I might have missed it but I haven't seen anything to say that isn't the case. The only other thing I've seen is Herman is gone regardless... but where does the buyout money come from? It's not absurd to think Herman has pissed off enough people that the buyout money will be found even if we don't get Meyer.

• Hook 'Em 1

41 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

I just can't believe that Meyer wouldn't know early on if he really wants to get back in.  If it isn't a quick "yes,as long as I get what I need." when we call then he isn't ready.  I'm sure he knows he can't gut the tOSU staff but could take a couple.  he would know if certain guys would be on board pretty fast.  

It just makes no sense to drag this to the very end with CDC because he doesn't know if he wants to "return to the grind" yet.  If he is getting what he wants from a AD support/organization control standpoint it should already be done, minus the bits the lawyers work through.

Perhaps getting his guys back together have a larger impact than we think. If he’s worried about the stress, it wouldn’t help that if he had to find new supporting staff. If so, maybe the outcome of games going on the next week or two could sway some of his guys to join him. Maybe we’re not waiting on the results or timing of the Longhorn games, but other teams. 

20 minutes ago, Steelers Roll Left said:

Would have to be for money because at best Florida-to-Texas is a lateral move and is probably a downgrade given recent state of Texas and the Big 12 Conference.  My guess is Mullen's simply working on a raise from UF.

matthew bingo GIF

2 minutes ago, TexasRenegade said:

Herman is gone.  Even the 2 people I have spoken to that are somewhat connected that think he shouldn't be gone are resigned to the fact that he is gone.

You have spoken to Coach Patterson and Coach Riley I take it?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, TexasRenegade said:

Herman is gone.  Even the 2 people I have spoken to that are somewhat connected that think he shouldn't be gone are resigned to the fact that he is gone.

It is mind bottling to me that anyone at this juncture wouldn't want Herman gone. How any rational observer could see the on & off field product he is putting out and think "Yep, let's run this shit back" is beyond me.

Can't get this image of Meyer watching his former Ohio State squad competing with Clemson in last year's College Football Playoff out of my mind.  Remember thinking at the time: That doesn't look like a man that wanted to retire....
ngyU6rEz_bigger.jpg   Big Cat   @BarstoolBigCat   10 seconds before the interception to end the game, the man in black...     EM7epnUWwAINsXq?format=jpg&name=small 11:01 PM · Dec 28, 2019·Twitter for iPhone

I’m not saying you’re wrong, because it’s pretty clear we know fuck all and you could absolutely be right in the end, but this is confirmation bias. He knows and has relationships with all those players and coaches. He’s from Ohio and worked at the school for years. It’s the program he built on his home. Being emotionally invested in the moment when they’re playing in a national semifinal does not necessarily mean you want to be there the other 364 days of the year. Or that you want to start that process over in Texas.
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, vtaenz said:

So if this is true, either we're getting Meyer or we get Herman for another year.

Can anyone dispute the current BMD narrative that they ponied up for Herman's buyout with the contingency that it's only good if we get Meyer? I might have missed it but I haven't seen anything to say that isn't the case. The only other thing I've seen is Herman is gone regardless... but where does the buyout money come from? It's not absurd to think Herman has pissed off enough people that the buyout money will be found even if we don't get Meyer.

So we just need to go back to my idea from like 10,000 posts ago - sell raffle tickets.  The winner gets to inform Tom he's gone.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, BossyBevo said:

Doesn’t it make sense that the delay in UM announcing and possibly joining up with the Good Guys, relates back to his recruitment of at least some of his former staff who happen to be in the middle of a playoff run and not by any need to fire Tom or any of the other issues that have been floated on this board.

By all accounts UM and wife are very tight and loyal with the buckeye community, and actively poaching OsU staff would be frowned upon in their circles. UM likely just wants to do this the right way and not burn too many bridges. 

nice first post.

with the failure of the F900 last night, my wishcasting has moved to a new paradigm which shades the "sunday or else" consensus we seem to currently be on.....:

"both sides have multiple constraints that required pieces to begin moving on the chess board, but prevent the full/continued movement of certain pieces, until said constraints resolve.... such as tosu staff can not be compromised while they are still alive for hardware... however, the possibility that *at any moment* they could become not alive for hardware through no doing of their own (michigan ronacancelling) means those pieces need to be ready to be moved, and thus flightaware CMH.

in addition, despite 10+ bowls being cancelled, Texas alive for a bowl of any kind is big money for the remaining bowls.  tomorrow's game is not being played for kstate.  they only have 4 wins and we are their last game.   and a loss tomorrow does not eliminate Texas.   WV & TCU can both get to 6 wins and both have 2 games remaining, so those dominos can also fall one way or the other tomorrow, which would have a knock-on effect as to our situation in the overall bowl picture and the b12 overall picture vis. number of bowl eligible teams.

in the pandemic revenue environment, there are a huge number of constituents who are praying 1) Texas wins 1 if not both of the remaining games and 2) somehow someway dismissing thermensa does not disrupt #1.  If you are the Alamo bowl or anyone in that ecosystem, you need Texas to win tomorrow.  Badly."

I love conjecture - The BMD's have allowed CDC to take the lead. So, the BMD's may not know a lot other than we made an offer to Urban and received a tentative yes. Based on BMD's acting like they are not allowed to say anything, do you think it is possible that Urban told CDC something like if you can keep control of the narrative through Saturday, I'll take the job?

14 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Since we're still reading squid signals, im gonna take this as a  "meyer wants it hush that hes with Texas"

he's telling his excited friend to keep it on the down low. all is well.

Urban is our coach guys/gals, relax a little

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Bevo said:

I love conjecture - The BMD's have allowed CDC to take the lead. So, the BMD's may not know a lot other than we made an offer to Urban and received a tentative yes. Based on BMD's acting like they are not allowed to say anything, do you think it is possible that Urban told CDC something like if you can keep control of the narrative through Saturday, I'll take the job?

Just wait for the night crew shift..  Nothing but debbie downers during the day...even on a Friday.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

It is mind bottling to me that anyone at this juncture wouldn't want Herman gone. How any rational observer could see the on & off field product he is putting out and think "Yep, let's run this shit back" is beyond me.

Literal text I got today.  He's not a BMD by any means but he is connected to a lot of people...... I am obviously of a different opinion......I will give him credit though....he was right that we should have hired James Franklin instead of Charlie.

"not a fan of this move . I like Herman . He took over a depleted program and I think has done a decent job. Part of the reason to get rid of him is the issue of the players and the eyes of Texas issue . Cancel culture strikes again ."

Edited by TexasRenegade

1 minute ago, Bevo said:

Urban should know that every big time program has leaks.  I supposed it could be a pressure test but I find it unlikely he'd really put CDC in that position. 

Assuming Urban decides not to return to the coaching ranks

And assuming Florida plays in the SEC championship game

And assuming Florida loses that game

And assuming Mullens is the guy that CDC decides to go after

The earliest a Mullen hiring would be announced would be Dec 20th - the day after that title game.  A week after Texas' last game (Kansas).  And likely 6 days after Tom was given his walking papers.

That week would be fucking bananas.

Edited by Hiphopopotamos

1 minute ago, TexasRenegade said:

Literal text I got today.  He's not a BMD by any means but he is connected to a lot of people...... I am obviously of a different opinion.

"not a fan of this move . I like Herman . He took over a depleted program and I think has done a decent job. Part of the reason to get rid of him is the issue of the players and the eyes of Texas issue . Cancel culture strikes again ."

Not even a little bit of the reason. Actually the fact he weathered that reasonably well was one of the few points in his favor.

• Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, HillaryFan420 said:

There is no way Burton would report Urban agreeing to the job prior to Herman's firing.  Maybe he's said yes or maybe he's still thinking about it.  The one thing to take from Burton's post is that Texas has not been told no yet as of this morning.  

Exactly. Once we hear that Herman is gone, then we'll start hearing that Meyer is trending more positively to Texas, if we hear anything at all before he's announced.

1 minute ago, Hagbard Celine said:

in the pandemic revenue environment, there are a huge number of constituents who are praying 1) Texas wins 1 if not both of the remaining games and 2) somehow someway dismissing thermensa does not disrupt #1.  If you are the Alamo bowl or anyone in that ecosystem, you need Texas to win tomorrow.  Badly."

The scary part of this is it's 2020, and a bunch of teams have had to cancel a bunch of games.  They may not even have enough games to qualify for good bowls (if any), so a team like Texas could get a bowl much higher than they deserve.

Personally I'm fine with that, win or lose.  I do hope whatever choice they get is a good one for our players that stuck with this shit sandwich and didn't transfer/quit/opt out.  I'd like to see them at least get a good road trip they can enjoy while their coach is getting canned and the new one is coming on.

Just now, Hiphopopotamos said:

Assuming Urban decides not to return to the coaching ranks

And assuming Florida plays in the SEC championship game

And assuming Florida loses that game

And assuming Mullens is the guy that CDC decides to go after

The earliest a Mullen hiring would be announced would be Dec 20th - the day after that title game.  A week after Texas' last game (Kansas).  And likely 6 days after Tom was given his walking papers.

That week would be fucking bananas.

How many pages on the Mullen or bust thread?

3 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

the fuck? there are still assholes who think Herman should coach at Texas next year?????

There are people who are not willing pay 25M to fire him if we don’t have a good alternative. I don’t think that is the same thing as supporting Herman. But there definitely is one BMD that doesn’t want to pony up millions if you told him Luke Fickell is the next coach. Meyer saying no makes the timing more complicated it sounds like on firing Fuck Face. 

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic