Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

4 minutes ago, Jersey Man10 said:

I'm dumb, I don't get the ulcer in Columbus joke lol.

Think he was alluding to Urban taking Texas job but Urban’s reaction to his question caused him switch to Covid and Michigan which really didn’t make any sense.

Edited by Horn80

3 hours ago, CTC2 said:

Yes.  I agree with you.  What I am hearing has more to do with what UM saw when he "looked under our hood".  I am also thinking that we don't have the BMD's that we all think we do.  I want them to be wrong.

How long ago did UM not like what he saw under the hood?  There seems to be the idea that he originally said no but may have been persuaded.

11 minutes ago, El Squared said:

Funded by UT Admin, alone???

You really need to shut up because you just look dumber with each post. 

Are you under the impression that Alabama or other schools pay for athletic improvements with university and athletics administrative funds and no booster funds? 

• Hook 'Em 2

You really need to shut up because you just look dumber with each post. 
Are you under the impression that Alabama or other schools pay for athletic improvements with university and athletics administrative funds and no booster funds? 

Huck, I like you man...so I say this with love. Ignore this jackass. It’s not worth your time. Apparently our football problems are exponentially linked to the homeless problem.

Fuck I hate y’all.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Brian Davis is just saying what is already self evident. Texas isn’t firing Herman tomorrow or before the season is over unless they are ready to announce Meyer the next day. Until Meyer is signed, expect Herman to coach the Kansas game. 

1 minute ago, GTX Horn said:

Anyone else catch Brando on the Baylor-OU game say something about Stoops auditioning for Urban's current job or something along those lines?

15 minutes ago, troph said:

FOX BROADCAST- ANOTHER SLIP...

Brandon said stoops was auditioning for meyer’s job with the OU intro.  Spence chuckled. 

fox is leaking more than the titanic right now.

come on Coach get on the plane!!!

Yes

3 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Well, based on the pregame that actually sounds like exactly what could/would happen. They basically alluded to that reality in reference to his "voice over work". While you might hate the prospect, the actions precipitating that event would be... Fucking Awesome.

I'm good with it.. 

community agree GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

What are Surly's resident insiders hearing now?

Fox was clearly giving UM a hard time but to me that doesn't necessarily mean he said yes. Could still be deciding. I continue to believe no one would benefit from stringing it out if he had really said no though.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, troph said:

Brandon said stoops was auditioning for meyer’s job with the OU intro.  Spence chuckled. 

18 minutes ago, troph said:

I’m all for renaming the thread “Come on coach, get on the plane!!!”

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

Only thing we might hear late tonight is a leak TH is fired and that won't be until after ou wins to officially knock us out of Big12 championship. That's the cover CDC needs before it happens. 

Hammer meet nail. Exactly. You keep a promise until it is mathematically impossible. The other side can't bitch. I believe CDC would even give Herman a decent recommendation at a lesser program. He was way too inexperienced for a job like Texas. Maybe this dose of humble pie and watching his coordinators roll through KSU like a rolling ball of butcher knives without his input (while drunk) might be a life altering moment for him. I don't hate the guy, just really disappointed. This is really his first fall from grace as a failure, it's up to him to put the pieces back together and succeed or wallow in mediocrity from now on.

CHIEF

Edited by CHIEF
'
  • Hook 'Em 6

https://www.statesman.com/story/sports/2020/12/05/longhorns-crushed-kansas-state-but-herman-not-out-woods/3844396001/

“...........Meyer clearly could put an end to all the rampant speculation he will replace his former offensive coordinator in Austin with a single tweet. So he either likes the attention or is using it as leverage or he is seriously considering it.I’m buying the latter. One Texas higher-up suggested Saturday he was thinking Meyer was 70/30 in favor of coming to Texas. Later in the day he reduced that viability to a 50/50 proposition. It's very tenuous.But no one truly knows other than Meyer and his family..............”

Edited by Steelers Roll Left

4 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

What are Surly's resident insiders hearing now?

Fox was clearly giving UM a hard time but to me that doesn't necessarily mean he said yes. Could still be deciding. I continue to believe no one would benefit from stringing it out if he had really said no though.

I’m hearing the OU-Baylor game.  Brando and okie Tillman are kind of a beat down.

Just now, williemackgarza said:

Urban knows how important recruiting is. I gotta think if he was coming he wouldn’t want to waste time and would want to start calling recruits asap.
Hed push CDC to make a move if he was committed to coming here.

Tomorrow/Monday is plenty fine.

Think he was alluding to Urban taking Texas job but Urban’s reaction to his question caused him switch to Covid and Michigan which really didn’t make any sense.

No, the Michigan-Covid thing is directly related to why people in Columbus would have ulcers, because tOSU needs to play a certain amount of games to get into the Big 10 Championship game, which winning a conference championship helps to get you into the playoffs. If Michigan can’t play because of Covid, that would leave tOSU a game short of qualifying.
  • Hook 'Em 3

Just now, UncleBuck said:

No, the Michigan-Covid thing is directly related to why people in Columbus would have ulcers, because tOSU needs to play a certain amount of games to get into the Big 10 Championship game, which winning a conference championship helps to get you into the playoffs. If Michigan can’t play because of Covid, that would leave tOSU a game short of qualifying.

Right, and Urban reacted as though he thought it was something else - the Texas job saga.  It wasn’t, the fact he thought it was is the tell.

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, El Squared said:

Thanks- so to clarify, lump charcoal or post oak chunk/limbs or both?

Ceramic or steel smoker? 

What temp was the stall?

Post oak chunk/limbs, try to avoid charcoal Unless I’m doing something I can smoke hot. Steel smoker, have a Traeger that I use for easy shit like ribs and wings but brisket is all offset. Stall was actually a real bitch this time, hit early at like 157 but paper helped a lot to push through

• Hook 'Em 3

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic