Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

5 minutes ago, Helobious said:

So to recap... the guys we’re all highly trusting & believing in as the most valuable sources are named Ceddy B, RapGameLarry, and a squid that speaks only in emojis.

That’s my observation as well. Texas Mods are silent. These obscure twitter entities seem to be going blow for blow with OSU mods though. 

Edited by CastHorn

There is a weird dynamic to this that I don’t think we have seen before in CFB.  If Urban announced his intentions to coach again,  the tOSU people would trip over themselves to get him back.  The closest comparable thing is Riley, and I think the sooners would choose Riley.

It is possible that if they pull the trigger on Tom anytime before the next game they will announce an interim head coach (probably Yurcich) that will finish the regular season (assuming we play Kansas). They could announce Urban any time after canning Herman, whether that’s tomorrow, or next week after the end of the regular season thereby serving notice prior to early singling day for recruiting purposes, but he probably won’t assume actual coaching duties until after the last game we play. This way he finishes (or finishes most of) his obligations with fox (it has been stated they built that show around Urban and I think he sticks until he assumes his duties at Texas. Also, one of the things they said on the set today was that for next weeks show they will be at Urbans Pint house for the show and Michigan/tOSU game..Yurcich (probably interim) and the rest of the staff stay with the team to finish the season. Then Urban takes over. 

1 minute ago, conVINCEd said:

There is a weird dynamic to this that I don’t think we have seen before in CFB.  If Urban announced his intentions to coach again,  the tOSU people would trip over themselves to get him back.  The closest comparable thing is Riley, and I think the sooners would choose Riley.

OSU wouldn't try to get him back. He "retired" for a reason there. It would be a huge issue for them. Plus Day is a good coach. 

3 minutes ago, thepop said:

Those guys vs some guy who personally knows Urban

I personally know a lot of people. Most of them don’t tell me secret details of their lives like how much money they have in the bank, when they last took a shit, or when they are about to make the biggest decisions of their lives that millions of people are interested in.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Barton saying that Meyer will give the "No" on Tuesday:

https://imgur.com/a/xoml6I1

He says in there that Trace Armstrong is his agent. @derpyhorndog I think you were trying to find out who Meyer's agent is right? Thought that was weird though because I saw news reports that Meyer split with Trace after the Zach Smith fiasco but maybe they got back together. If we could figure out where Trace is, might help with the flight shenanigans.

But I guess this gives us a clear timeline - if Meyer says yes, it will be before Tuesday (so Herman has to be fired tomorrow/Meyer hired Monday), otherwise it's a no. Or Kirk is full of shit.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Wishbone said:

It is possible that if they pull the trigger on Tom anytime before the next game they will announce an interim head coach (probably Yurcich) that will finish the regular season (assuming we play Kansas). They could announce Urban any time after canning Herman, whether that’s tomorrow, or next week after the end of the regular season thereby serving notice prior to early singling day for recruiting purposes, but he probably won’t assume actual coaching duties until after the last game we play. This way he finishes (or finishes most of) his obligations with fox (it has been stated they built that show around Urban and I think he sticks until he assumes his duties at Texas. Also, one of the things they said on the set today was that for next weeks show they will be at Urbans Pint house for the show and Michigan/tOSU game..Yurcich (probably interim) and the rest of the staff stay with the team to finish the season. Then Urban takes over. 

Makes sense. He doesn't have to take over anything when he's announced, and I'm sure he'd like to honor his commitment to Fox. In between he could be getting into the transition process, recruiting, staff coordination, Texas player evaluation, etc.

4 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

I could maybe buy that they have an agreement with Urb and are keeping it quiet but I can't buy that they've had the talk with Herman and that's staying quiet.

It's not hard to keep Herman or anyone else quiet if you want to: NDA with teeth. If Herman makes a peep, it cuts into his buyout.

3 minutes ago, Octavian said:

He says in there that Trace Armstrong is his agent. @derpyhorndog I think you were trying to find out who Meyer's agent is right? Thought that was weird though because I saw news reports that Meyer split with Trace after the Zach Smith fiasco but maybe they got back together. If we could figure out where Trace is, might help with the flight shenanigans.

But I guess this gives us a clear timeline - if Meyer says yes, it will be before Tuesday (so Herman has to be fired tomorrow/Meyer hired Monday), otherwise it's a no. Or Kirk is full of shit.

Trace Armstrong works for Athletes First, which is located in Laguna Hills, CA.

4 minutes ago, wood said:

It's not hard to keep Herman or anyone else quiet if you want to: NDA with teeth. If Herman makes a peep, it cuts into his buyout.

still can't buy it. what time is practice tomorrow? We're not just talking about Herman here, there's lots of coaches and families involved, no way that's staying quiet.

Edited by hookem48

4 minutes ago, Octavian said:

That guy is full of shit. If Meyer knew he was gonna say no, why wait til Tuesday, and why tell this asswipe so he can spout it to the world that he's gonna say no ... on Tuesday?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, wood said:

Makes sense. He doesn't have to take over anything when he's announced, and I'm sure he'd like to honor his commitment to Fox. In between he could be getting into the transition process, recruiting, staff coordination, Texas player evaluation, etc.

Exactly.

Just now, wood said:

And I can't find much about Trace Armstrong after 2017, but I did find this from 3 months ago.

https://www.si.com/nfl/washingtonfootball/news/athletes-first-announces-eric-schaffer-in-executive-role

He's part of a new firm called Athletes First. The article lists several clients, but doesn't list Meyer.

Pretty funny because I think I saw something that said Trace is also Herman's agent. Smart man is getting paid on brokering two jobs haha

9 minutes ago, Octavian said:

Lmfao. He has no idea. He's just throwing shit against the wall. He's now jumped to making claims about what Texas is going to do in all of this - claiming that Herman will get support from beating KSt? Based on what? The bottom of the last bottle he drank?

Maybe Urban says no. But this schmuck doesn't have a fucking clue.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, icanhazLHN? said:

Had almost this conversation word for word with some family a few hours ago. At some point, something big just has to happen. For the record I still think those Olajuwon teams would have taken the Bulls.

Those Olajuwon teams were really good. 

But don’t fucking kid yourself. Literally zero people outside of Houston agree with you.

15 minutes ago, Octavian said:

Kirk doesn’t know anything. Yes, he and Urban are friends, but urban would not go to him and tell him “hey I’m saying no”. Urban is, and always has, playing things close. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, wood said:

Maybe. If you believe Kirk Barton.

Misread that as Burton for a second and nearly shit myself. 

I'm no psychology major, but I read people in high stakes negotiations for a living. What I saw today told me UM has decided he's coming here, or he is very near making that decision. Hook 'Em. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TexasEx said:

I'm no psychology major, but I read people in high stakes negotiations for a living. What I saw today told me UM has decided he's coming here, or he is very near making that decision. Hook 'Em. 

That sounds like a cool job. So you just sit in the meetings, size people up, and then do a debrief after? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Octavian said:

Why the fuck would he wait until Tuesday to say no when he could do it now if that is his decision.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, TexasEx said:

Yep. That’s the thing that has me feeling the best about everything here. 

• Hook 'Em 1

He says in there that Trace Armstrong is his agent. [mention=2564]derpyhorndog[/mention] I think you were trying to find out who Meyer's agent is right? Thought that was weird though because I saw news reports that Meyer split with Trace after the Zach Smith fiasco but maybe they got back together. If we could figure out where Trace is, might help with the flight shenanigans.

Fuck that guy. He doesn’t know shit. Trace is not Urban’s agent anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 1

Off topic I know, but watching 1990 UT - UH game on LHN right now. I was a senior in HS that year and I wasn’t at the game, but I was in Austin. Got very drunk that night along with most everyone else in the city. Still one of my favorite Texas games. I wore #10 in HS because of Peter The Great...and Kirk Dressendorfer.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, USNALonghorn said:

All of this "well we'll be 7-3 talk" or "can't fire him after a convincing win" just proves the state of complacency in our program. We want to win it all, but we just don't want to try as hard as Alabama, Clemson, tOSU, OU, etc. This is exactly why we have 3 Big-12 championships and OU has 14.

Tom Herman is a cancer. He will continue to destroy the program as long as he is here. Whatever happens in the next eight days will demonstrate whether we are serious about football or we just like to talk about our aging blue blood status.

less than 20 pages before half. pathietic.

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Just checked out this CeddyB guy. He posts too much and has a big mouth (spiderman.jpg) but I like him. He had me with this tweet:

Hahaha I've had the same thought nearly every year. I think I actually remember Rod Babers saying once that OU teaches their OL to hold because the refs won't call it more than once every so often because they don't want to look biased.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Lmfao. He has no idea. He's just throwing shit against the wall. He's now jumped to making claims about what Texas is going to do in all of this - claiming that Herman will get support from beating KSt? Based on what? The bottom of the last bottle he drank?

Maybe Urban says no. But this schmuck doesn't have a fucking clue.

Rustbelt $9.95...   adjusted street value of $6.82.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Yep. That’s the thing that has me feeling the best about everything here. 

That and imho everything we've seen just makes sense. Everyone's impatient, and I get that, but people are letting their impatience override their ability to think rationally about this. We all want to take advantage of this huge opportunity to sign an iconic coach, but we can't be cowboys about it. There are rules, and procedures, and myriad considerations in play. It was not ever gonna happen in a minute, even after ou sucks eliminated us from the B12CG, and some of these people that are being ridiculed atm said all along that nothing was ever going to get rolling until Saturday or Sunday at the earliest.

4 minutes ago, CowtownHorn said:

Off topic I know, but watching 1990 UT - UH game on LHN right now. I was a senior in HS that year and I wasn’t at the game, but I was in Austin. Got very drunk that night along with most everyone else in the city. Still one of my favorite Texas games. I wore #10 in HS because of Peter The Great...and Kirk Dressendorfer.

That's funny. I was just talking today about Dorf with an old teammate of his. And I was at that game, too ... so I got that goin' for me.

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic