Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

30 minutes ago, Filet-o-fish said:

With an extension too. You'd almost have to to stabilize things. This could go from great to FUBAR

No way Mensa gets an extension...

30 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Why would CDC protect Tom Herman?

CDC hates Herman...

3 hours ago, Enchubben said:

Kirk Barton declared 1% chance that Urban comes to Texas.

3 hours ago, nunna yo bizness said:

So Kirk Barton, the main negative source we've had so far, is also a setup?

This mother fucker was found to be getting his info from Coach Meyer’s old agent. Wait, that same agent represents Herman. Think this little bastard has any credit? Nah. Ignore this Barton bastard. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

So we know Texas has no leverage and Urban is basically dictating the terms right now. As soon as Herman is fired the story goes from will Texas fire Herman to will Texas hire Urban. He wants his guys but he doesn't want to hurt OSU's season or they told him they want to wait until the season is over for them. Its either that or maybe he really hasn't decided which seems just out of character. If it was a no you gotta think that would have come out by now. Maybe this is all just one final fuck you by 2020.

Meyer or no Herman cannot be the coach next year. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:
My guess is the guys who would foot the buyout have seen the names being floated and heard the ‘there are no good Plan B’s’ talk and want a little say, since, the info leaking from the AD doesn’t inspire confidence.

Interesting comment by Nahlin 

Color me surprised to see the UT higher ups in disagreement when the most obvious choice isn’t available. Texas is absolutely fucked if Urban doesn’t work out. 

15 minutes ago, Octavian said:

I would totally do this given I still know some people in school, but I think all of them got sent home after Thanksgiving and won't be back until the Spring semester (due to Covid and not wanting people traveling back and forth).

Nah. I think they all came back to take finals. Or party. Or some shit. Campus was buzzing this weekend. 

13 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

There is one really critical post. Make sure you read that one.

LOL. Yeah I'm not even gonna try. It'd take me hours even if I just skimmed it...

Edited by wood
i can't fucking type

8 minutes ago, UT Lax said:

Honestly 50!50 for me. Adam Gase is the dream coach for the Jets at this stage!  He couldn’t coach his team to a victory if he tried. He easily makes it through the season! If no Urban Meyer, I could honestly see Tom Herman coming back for a season or even fulfill his contract like Shaka Smart! At some point BMDs will make the analytical decision to stop throwing good money after bad. All non Urban Meyer candidates suck, so why spend $25mn to get rid of your suck ass coach to have to spend another $25mn 3-4 years later to fire that coach after you have already pissed away $50mn on buyout for two coaches in the last 4 years?

I disagree with the notion that Urban Meyer is the only coach in the world that could win at Texas. Herman is not the right coach for Texas that much had been proven. If you don't trust leadership to find that right guy then they aren't the guy to lead plain and simple.

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, Caddox said:

CDC is an empty suit. Frankly, I don’t know how he keeps his job after his handling of the 2020 fuckery. Hartzell is basically playing de facto AD for this Meyer stuff. I really like CDC because he’s a charismatic and friendly guy, nothing there not to like. He’s just not suited for this job. 

I want to buy into your sunshine pumping. When you type things like this it makes it difficult.

2 minutes ago, DoneWithit said:

Texas is absolutely fucked if Urban doesn’t work out. 

That was always going to be the case if we didn't get Urban. Every other option that's realistic will be a 50/50 proposition for success. Urban was the only sure thing. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

So we know Texas has no leverage and Urban is basically dictating the terms right now. As soon as Herman is fired the story goes from will Texas fire Herman to will Texas hire Urban. He wants his guys but he doesn't want to hurt OSU's season or they told him they want to wait until the season is over for them. Its either that or maybe he really hasn't decided which seems just out of character. If it was a no you gotta think that would have come out by now. Maybe this is all just one final fuck you by 2020.

Meyer or no Herman cannot be the coach next year. 

While I personally don't want Herman to stay, all of you fuckers need to realize that it's quite possible, nay probable, that we're stuck with the turtle for next season. The AD's office obviously doesn't care about recruiting like we do and expect us to make money whether we are top of the mountain or not.

While I personally don't want Herman to stay, all of you fuckers need to realize that it's quite possible, nay probable, that we're stuck with the turtle for next season. The AD's office obviously doesn't care about recruiting like we do and expect us to make money whether we are top of the mountain or not.
dumb
  • Hook 'Em 3

My hypothetical scenario... CDC is probably pissed that the donors went and started negotiations behind his back with Meyer.  CDC gave his word to Herman that he would evaluate him after the season.  Being the AD, he probably was under the assumption he would get to lead a coaching search and hire his guy.  

Seems like a group of boosters don’t give a fuck and have taken control of this thing and have told cdc to sit in the corner.  Seems like Hartzell wants a winning program and knows what we need to compete with Bama, tOSU, Clemson etc and is motivated to make it happen.  

Would make sense of the articles that were posted from CDCs mouth pieces about this being his show and him pulling the strings.  He’s probably not happy that he was by passed through all of this.   He probably also knows when Meyer comes here, he’s asking for an assistant athletic director for football that he will essentially pick.  I feel like Meyer probably wants to choose his boss and not have to answer to cdc.  Meyer basically wants full control.  

This is based off nothing except my hungover Sunday morning thoughts.

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, senorfussybutt said:

Then we all need to vote with our pocket books: don't buy merch, or tickets to the games, don't donate to LHF etc. This is the only way to get UT to pay any attention. It has to be where the average fan, pooled together brings equal economic impact to the BMDs. It is the only way to get the AD to pay attention.

8 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I want to buy into your sunshine pumping. When you type things like this it makes it difficult.

What's to love about CDC if our next football, basketball, and baseball coaches aren't worth a shit? He's a nice guy - I've met him briefly - who communicates well and conducts himself professionally. But, he's got to deliver results. Period

42 minutes ago, Caddox said:

CDC is an empty suit. Frankly, I don’t know how he keeps his job after his handling of the 2020 fuckery. Hartzell is basically playing de facto AD for this Meyer stuff. I really like CDC because he’s a charismatic and friendly guy, nothing there not to like. He’s just not suited for this job. 

Well, that's a buncha' bullshit.

2 minutes ago, Octavian said:

Oh shit, I’ll try and hit up some pledges then.

Doing the Lord's work. Hoping this comes through, but your pledges are garbage and need a new trainer if you can't text them at 1 p.m. on a Sunday during finals week and have them run down to the practice fields/Belmont on a whim based on message board rumors. Just saying. 

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic