Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

9 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Um, if it is really an issue then why not say that up front like months ago?  Why negotiate for salary, control of the program, etc... if you have health issues and you are going to say "no" anyways.  Doesn't pass the smell test.  Also, if that really is the reason then I do blame CDC for being terrible at his job for the way this played out. 

We don’t know anything of that happened - maybe he wanted an offer before deciding and was happy to discuss possibilities beforehand. 

Just now, Bill Lumbergh said:

100% this.

It might be done, but the narrative is changing in ways that don't make sense.

Yeah, something doesn't smell right at all. If it was health then this would've never got this far. He would be like I'd love to but I can't. My cyst and all. I don't want to waste your time. 

6 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

We are officially an 'Other sports' school. Root for WBasketball, Softball, Swimming, Golf, Volleyball and shit. Because the sports that matter, don't matter to us.

50.37 in the women's 100 meter butterfly-new school record. Olivia Bray.Just this weekend. Also Anna Elendt 58.06 in breast stroke. 

Edited by bmbmd
  • Hook 'Em 4

Urban can’t take a huge chunk of OSU’s coaching staff when they are still alive for CFP.  He would be vilified and never forgiven by OSU and fans.

I get NSD1 timeline, but getting his guys is really important to hiM and managing his health.  It’s not over until we hear it’s over...just might not be on the timeline we thought.

plus...you think he is going to miss Big Noon at his house next week?  Get real.  Give it a week.

• Hook 'Em 5

1 minute ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Per Nahlin - Herman is still out but you’d have to be an idiot to fire him before NSD1 without another coach ready to be named. 

Don't they allow players to immediately transfer if they commit to a school and the coach is immediately let go? Didn't that happen with Hudson?

It took the perfect storm for him to get back into it last time, going home to a championship team already built, we're a clusterfuck program. But if it doesn't happen put the blame where it belongs, on the jackass that said breakfast tacos don't need eggs.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Texas athletics really doesn't give a fuck about football. Jesus. 

The athletic department and the head of the entire UT admin just conducted a month-long courting of a potential coach, yet it's somehow their fault that Meyer doesn't want to return to coaching for personal reasons? Maybe sit this one out

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

So insiders all wrong 99% of the time but now everyone is flipping out because a insider said it’s over? Hahaha . 

I will wait for Urban to actually say he’s not coming because this changes every two hours when reality is nothing was ever gonna happen till after the Kansas game.
Yeah and yesterday whenever someone hinted at him taking the job he kinda looked like a middle schooler when you mention their crush.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, UrbanTheMeyer said:

I dont buy it. It would not get this far to get canceled for health reasons. If Urban has decided not to come to Texas, its because Notre Dame or USC has made a better offer, and I dont suspect ND is looking for a new coach right now. USC, on the other hand...

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Health is not the reason. It's just a lot nicer than saying "I couldn't convince enough of my guys to follow me to your school so nah, I'm good". He'll keep hosting until the stars align on his end... maybe next year. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic