Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

13 minutes ago, UTEX_ME said:

shit starting to spread. ESPN & FOX will have it in the morning I'm sure. Egg on face UT. FUCKKKK

Wow. Read that story. It's amazing what passes for 'news' these days. Nothing is verified at all, and they're already reporting it as fact.

12 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

any confirmation of that from his guys? 

Of course not. There's no confirmation of anything, but there are already stories reporting it as fact and there will be lots more tomorrow unless someone comes out with some official info.

Edited by wood

Wouldn’t Herman actively be looking for another gig at this point? Surely he’s seen the writing on the wall. Why would he want to wait around now to get canned after next season? Or is it better for him to finish out his contract if they decide to keep him? If CDC’s backup, backup plan (Herman) takes another job soon...how embarrassing would that be?

Edited by CowtownHorn

28 minutes ago, CowtownHorn said:

Wouldn’t Herman actively be looking for another gig at this point? Surely he’s seen the writing on the wall. Why would he want to wait around now to get canned after next season? Or is it better for him to finish out his contract if they decide to keep him? If CDC’s backup, backup plan (Herman) takes another job soon...how embarrassing would that be?

Won’t happen. No one else will pay him what is in his current contract. Other schools may pounce when he’s fired, to get a “deal” due to offset language. But not even Mensa is dumb enough to walk away from his current contract.  He’ll just mail it in next year if we keep him, which is what I think he did this year anyways. 

2 hours ago, C-Man said:

It appears CDC's plan to wait to let Herman go until he was ready to announce his replacement 15 minutes later was a gross miscalculation.

If you're gonna play that game, you better land your man. What a colossal fuckup this is. Lame-duck coach. Recruiting in the toilet. Now we're left holding our dorks in our hands.

tenor.gif?itemid=16024688

CDC never had Meyer, probably wasn't even close to closing the deal at any point in the negotiations. If he had been, Herman would've been fired immediately. Meyer never wanted to coach Texas bad enough even if he was interested.

• Fuck You 3

2 hours ago, C-Man said:

It appears CDC's plan to wait to let Herman go until he was ready to announce his replacement 15 minutes later was a gross miscalculation.

If you're gonna play that game, you better land your man. What a colossal fuckup this is. Lame-duck coach. Recruiting in the toilet. Now we're left holding our dorks in our hands.

tenor.gif?itemid=16024688

Hard for CDC to fire Herman midseason if the BMDs are only willing to pony up the buyout money if we hire Meyer.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

Woke up in the middle of the night to check my phone. Not a single bit of activity on that thread since Sunday morning and it was all positive talk. If this 9.95 bs is true it will be humming tomorrow. If its false It could stay quiet. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Thanks @Caddox, keep us posted. To be completely honest, I FlightAware’ed the shit out of your post history given your silence today and saw nothing to suggest we have reason to trust you on this other than your word in this thread, but I’m going to because you seem like a cool dude and you’re selling stuff I want to hear.

On a related note — as this is partly based on the assumption Caddox has legit sources and the timing of him getting to the point of supreme confidence this morning that it was a done deal and down to the lawyers and “final details” — I’m not entirely dismissing the possibility that the Urban agreed to terms in principle last night or this morning on the basis that UT provide some extreme cover for a few days. Reasons being to deflect the spotlight (which he may not have appreciated the intensity of until recently), let the tOSU or other school’s staff he’s planning to take or still courting get some breathing room until the end of the regular season, publicly project that Urban wasn’t lined up before Herman was even chopped, and give UT time to get their house in order with Herman (whether that’s simply firing him, negotiating a buyout now that they know they’ve got his replacement, helping him to scout out a soft landing, or all of the above) while dual-tracking the papering of contracts of Urban and his known staffers so everything is lined up for them to hit the ground running come late next weekend with only a couple of days to go before NSD 1. 

Anticipating some responses might be “why would UT agree to totally embarrassing itself by doing that / what we saw last night?” Only reasons I could think of it was non-negotiable requirement in Urban putting pen to paper (also would allow him to test UT’s commitment to providing him extreme control over the program before even setting foot in Belmont) and, if they know with certainly that getting Urban is the ultimate payout in making that deal, the temporary egg-on-face is far outweighed (and will be forgotten in an instant) due to the payout. Would also be a way to test whether leaks through BMDs could be truly cut off if CDC/Hartzell know the consequences and make a concerted effort. 

I fully realize m it reads like fan fiction are odds are it is, and not saying I subscribe to the theory, just that that misdirection and outright lies are commonplace in coaching searches and it’s not outside the realm of possibility. 

Edited by derpyhorndog
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

Thanks @Caddox, keep us posted. To be completely honest, I FlightAware’ed the shit out of your post history given your silence today and saw nothing to suggest we have reason to trust you on this other than your word in this thread, but I’m going to because you seem like a cool dude and you’re selling stuff I want to hear.

On a related note — as this is partly based on the assumption Caddox has legit sources and the timing of him getting to the point of supreme confidence this morning that it was a done deal and down to the lawyers and “final details” — I’m not entirely dismissing the possibility that the Urban agreed to terms in principle last night or this morning on the basis that UT provide some extreme cover for a few days. Reasons being to deflect the spotlight (which he may not have appreciated the intensity of until recently), let the tOSU or other school’s staff he’s planning to take or still courting get some breathing room until the end of the regular season, publicly project that Urban wasn’t lined up before Herman was even chopped, and give UT time to get their house in order with Herman (whether that’s simply firing him, negotiating a buyout now that they know they’ve got his replacement, helping him to scout out a soft landing, or all of the above) while dual-tracking the papering of contracts of Urban and his known staffers so everything is lined up for them to hit the ground running come late next weekend with only a couple of days to go before NSD 1. 

Anticipating some responses might be “why would UT agree to totally embarrassing itself by doing that / what we saw last night?” Only reasons I could think of it was non-negotiable requirement in Urban putting pen to paper (also would allow him to test UT’s commitment to providing him extreme control over the program before even setting foot in Belmont) and, if they know with certainly that getting Urban is the ultimate payout in making that deal, the temporary egg-on-face is far outweighed (and will be forgotten in an instant) due to the payout. Would also be a way to test whether leaks through BMDs could be truly cut off if CDC/Hartzell know the consequences and make a concerted effort. 

I fully realize m it reads like fan fiction are odds are it is, and not saying I subscribe to the theory, just that that misdirection and outright lies are commonplace in coaching searches and it’s not outside the realm of possibility. 

Or maybe he just said no.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, derpyhorndog said:

Or maybe it was all bullshit from the get go.

• Like 1

Probably time to rename this the drama queen thread.

This. Urban said no. Maybe it was his health, maybe he couldn’t get his key guys out of Columbus, whatever. It was always a distinct possibility. Y’all love to crow about how much money Texas has and how everyone should get a call and be made to say no. Well, Meyer said no. Okay. Move on.

5 minutes ago, futureman said:

the answer was always no.  lot of fake insiders in here trying to pretend like they knew something. 

Did you have inside info or are you just crowing about guessing right?

Do we know for sure you even DID guess right?

You're no better than than the folks who were hoping for the best. 

Face it, all you did was what you always do and this time you may have been right. Doesn't make you less of a troll.

(Where's the salt?????)

• Hook 'Em 4

Ideally, if the "flirtation" with UM and every other potential candidate is indeed over, Herman would now reassess everything about his job performance (with CDC's help), realize he's going to have to be MUCH better and then start showing that improvement in leadership, recruiting and coaching. But I just don't have a good feeling that will happen. Obviously would love to be wrong.    

Honestly if any of thisnshit is true I wish urban would just tweet a video out already saying look I have more fuck you money than I can spend and I love flying to LA to work with fox. Fuck coaching. Appreciate the offer but I’m out.   Just say it already so I can move the fuck on 

Would you be looking for another job if you if, 1.) Your current job is the one you want and despite the tenuous situation, indisputably better than anything else is out there; and 2.) Your current employer would owe you $15 million to fire you?

Maybe if he did just say no, someone would be nice enough to report it. That information is being held, for whatever reason.

Just saw the Kirk Bohl’s and Brian Davis article, where they say Meyer HAS informed Texas he is not pursuing another job because of health reasons. This is confirmed?

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I know things. One thing I know is you’re a piece of shit. Just a worthless, no good, piece of shit poster. I actually feel bad for you, this is part of your personal identity and life. You’ve invested time and effort in being this way. People can react to you, get upset, and you’ve certainly annoyed me a time or two, no doubt. But at the end of the day the only real response anyone should have to you is pity. This is a fundamental part of your life, and it’s fucking pathetic. You are pathetic.

I’m sorry your life isnt better, man. Maybe you get out what you put in, and your should re-examine some things.  It’s never too late to make positive changes. But let’s be sure to leave this post on the important keynote that you are just fucking trash. You are the shit people have to peel off their boot. It isn’t possible for me to look down on you any more than I already do. 

Lulz

• Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

Ideally, if the "flirtation" with UM and every other potential candidate is indeed over, Herman would now reassess everything about his job performance (with CDC's help), realize he's going to have to be MUCH better and then start showing that improvement in leadership, recruiting and coaching. But I just don't have a good feeling that will happen. Obviously would love to be wrong.    

Yeah, outside of the fact that dumb fuck didn’t learn when he hired new coordinators and he isn’t learning now, recruiting is ruined. Ruined. So it doesn’t matter if he had a fucking revelation. Because there is no team and no talent incoming. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Nothing was ever gonna happen till after the Kansas game. Enjoy your week, take a deep breath and quit listening to fat slobs who don’t have real jobs and decided to be “insider sources” for college football. They know nothing like all of us so don’t hang on their every word. There’s a 0% chance Herman will be retained.

I know nothing either but we all have the ability to see he sucks so I’m sure cdc does as well.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Yeah, outside of the fact that dumb fuck didn’t learn when he hired new coordinators and he isn’t learning now, recruiting is ruined. Ruined. So it doesn’t matter if he had a fucking revelation. Because there is no team and no talent incoming. 

This. Texas typically had talent to overcome deficiencies in coaching. 
Now it’s going to be lower ceiling/talent players and shitty coaching. 
It’s a great time to be a fan. 

8 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I know things. One thing I know is you’re a piece of shit. Just a worthless, no good, piece of shit poster. I actually feel bad for you, this is part of your personal identity and life. You’ve invested time and effort in being this way. People can react to you, get upset, and you’ve certainly annoyed me a time or two, no doubt. But at the end of the day the only real response anyone should have to you is pity. This is a fundamental part of your life, and it’s fucking pathetic. You are pathetic.

I’m sorry your life isnt better, man. Maybe you get out what you put in, and your should re-examine some things.  It’s never too late to make positive changes. But let’s be sure to leave this post on the important keynote that you are just fucking trash. You are the shit people have to peel off their boot. It isn’t possible for me to look down on you any more than I already do. 

This post should be a somber read but I gotta admit I laughed my ass off man. It’s all true but I’ll be damned if the way you worded it didn’t make it funny as fuck. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

This is what I think. Worst case (which is what we’ll get), Herman stays and was scared straight by the “close” reality that he might lose his job and starts taking things more seriously. We kind of saw that in the KState game. 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Dummy said:

I mean, Ohio State has been raping and pillaging our backyard for 5-star recruits and he's a member of tOSU administration. Him stringing us along is very good for that school and might help with flipping a certain 5-star generational talent QB that would play for his son in law. 

I’ve been saying the same thing. The longer it goes,  the worse it was for TX/Herman, which is likely what UM was doing.  I’ve been on the line of thinking for a couple weeks that he hates Herman so much that he was playing us , to hurt Herman. 

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic