Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

5 minutes ago, nunna yo bizness said:

Is it possible TH himself is one of the Covids and is actually sick?  Seems like the reports were 3 players and a couple staff.  He would fall under staff I would think.  Might explain him missing the Zoom call and Rewind.  I want to believe otherwise but just occurred to me.

https://big12sports.com/news/2020/12/6/big-12-football-coaches-teleconference-week-14.aspx

He did the B12 Teleconference yesterday (1:32:30) though that can be done in isolation.   When other  head coaches have been diagnosed with Covid it was announced.   However,  Mensa may be different.

4 hours ago, alincoln said:

The dudes on Columbus sports radio (Carpenter, Schlegel and the host) discussed Meyer "turning down" Texas this morning and were very rational.  Carpenter basically said that Urban apparently turned down the job for now but nothing would surprise him going forward.  Schlegel said Urban would want to secure his support staff (Italian mafia) before he goes anywhere and isn't going to disrupt Ohio State's season and current recruiting in doing so.  They also had a good laugh regarding what the support staff actually does (not too hard to read between the lines re: bagmen and practicing/training without coaches).

I wonder if this is that wrench-throwing "detail" that has been mentioned? Maybe the UT admin is not willing to go all-in on skirting NCAA rules and setting up a player acquisition fund. A limited Urban would not be a happy Urban.

• Hook 'Em 1

We all be to just calm down and come the realization that we’ve been literally cursed by Mack Brown.

That means one thing: we’ve all got to get people rubbing an egg over their bodies and some burning sage in this motherfucker. Come on people, before we start to act crazy!

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

You tucked tail and ran here

It’s called shifting focus. Realigning priorities. Any amount of mental bandwidth expended there is diverted from other productive activities. Even posting on the Urban Fantasy thread is a significantly better use of my time. 

But y’all keep fucking that chicken. 

• Fuck You 1

19 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

This dude is definitely on Surly. There is 0 doubt. He posts our stuff constantly. 

If he's the same guy that's on IT, his post elections thoughts make me think he's prone to believing outlandish theories in the face of contradictory evidence.

But this is harmless fun, so I"m in.

Edited by Ricky Butler
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

9 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

We all be to just calm down and come the realization that we’ve been literally cursed by Mack Brown.

That means one thing: we’ve all got to get people rubbing an egg over their bodies and some burning sage in this motherfucker. Come on people, before we start to act crazy!

I just did it. Cracked the egg open when I was done. It was all blood. Is that bad? 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

We turned down his request for a Shelley Meyer lifestyle/home decor show. 

She wanted it to be set in Siesta Key. We said Aransas Pass. She countered with Pensacola. We came back with Galveston. Neither side was willing to compromise with Houma.  

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

I know you guys like to blame our big $ boosters, but you can't hold a whole program responsible for the behavior of a few, sick twisted individuals. For if you do, then shouldn't we blame the whole fanbase? And if the whole Texas fanbase is guilty, then isn't this an indictment of our educational institutions in general? I put it to you, isn't this an indictment of our entire American society? Well, you can do whatever you want to our coaching search, but I’m not going to sit here and watch you badmouth the United States of America!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, senorfussybutt said:

So, we still know basically shit.

What we actually know:

• Team cancels practice after blowout win
  • Team going into COVID protocols
  • Herman cancelling a remote presser with COVID as excuse (this one is the biggest "something's up" to me; he held remote pressers all year. Makes me suspect he was gagged by CDC.)
  • Herman is an average to slightly above average coach but not elite, who is an arrogant jerk so he gets none of the grace Charlie got
  • Herman's recruiting class fell apart after the OU loss (as anyone with half a brain could see that a lot of that one was on poor coaching decisions)
  • CDC has to do something to salvage recruiting even if it means not getting your number 1 guy as setting back the program 2-6 years on recruiting is worse than Herman and staff's buyouts
  • The Fox Saturday team ribbed Meyer repeatedly about taking a coaching job and Meye was preoccupied with his answers
  • Meyer praises Sam as a warrior and a leader and repeats that
  • There is no journalistic integrity and major newspapers will report un-sourced trash like a gossiping southern church lady

Other than that, we don't know shit. We have a Chip Brown report that Meyer is leaning no. We have all sorts of bullshit speculation from 9.95ers.  And NONE OF IT MATTERS.

Herman's not getting canned until after the regular season if he didn't get canned after ISU. So we must wait until KU is cancelled or after KU plays.

If Meyer was ever in play (which we don't actually know and to what extent he is/was/ever was etc..), he's still equally in play. It's always a longshot.  However, there's also a decent chance we don't get Meyer, or we get a less than slam dunk hire like Campbell or Franklin. And there's still the chance that if no other coach wants to come, we're stuck with Turtle Tom.

So, until there's a formal press release or actual statement from CDC/Belmont, we still don't know shit, should smoke some meat and drink some whisk(e)y, and hope CDC doesn't fuck this up.

*he was also on the b12 monday call this week....so he could do that controlled media appearance but not the uncontrolled. got it.

1 minute ago, JFKFC said:

I know you guys like to blame our big $ boosters, but you can't hold a whole program responsible for the behavior of a few, sick twisted individuals. For if you do, then shouldn't we blame the whole fanbase? And if the whole Texas fanbase is guilty, then isn't this an indictment of our educational institutions in general? I put it to you, isn't this an indictment of our entire American society? Well, you can do whatever you want to our coaching search, but I’m not going to sit here and watch you badmouth the United States of America!

You forgot the part about taking a few liberties with our female party guests.    

2 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Still better than Orgeron

I would trade O for Herman.  I don’t have a dog in this fight but I remember how much effort went into getting Herman.  He was supposed to be the long term solution for Texas.  I have a hard time seeing the program abandon him this quickly. 

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I would trade O for Herman.  I don’t have a dog in this fight but I remember how much effort went into getting Herman.  He was supposed to be the long term solution for Texas.  I have a hard time seeing the program abandon him this quickly. 

kingsley shut up GIF

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic