2) Monday zoom-media presser canceled

3) tOSU - Michigan canceled, eliminating them from ccg

4) Kansas - UT canceled

5) tOSU drops out of top 4

6) Herman fired Tuesday

7) Meyer announced Wednesday

The stars are aligning and the dominos are falling 

hqdefault.jpg

Alright guys I have finally broken this thing wide open, just bear with me for a bit. Ever since the OU game we have been trying to nail down the date that we would can Tom and witness the ascension of Urban to HC of Longhorn Football. Many said immediately after the loss to Iowa State or after the conclusion of either of the Kansas games. We even have heard that the announcement may stretch into January. One date stands out in particular and was only reported briefly by the IT guys a few weeks back. The date in question was December 19th and coincided with the end of his Fox duties. If we take a closer look at the events scheduled for that day we see that the conference championship games will be held with the Big 10 scheduled to kick off at noon on Fox. For those of you that are unaware the 19th of December is also the feast day for Pope Urban V and what better way to honor one of your namesake then accepting the UT job moments after the Big 10 title is awarded? 

Screenshot 2020-12-08 124108.jpg

Edited by Sir Ulrich
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, MichaelDicksonFanClub said:

1) Sunday practice canceled

4) Kansas - UT canceled

6) Herman fired Tuesday

Repped for username.

And for believing.

Come close my children, the moment for our ascension is nigh.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, UTEX_ME said:

texags wants aggy vs. ohio state lulz. 

1 minute ago, Octavian said:

They already played Nebraska and Indiana so they can't do those two. The aggys are available though if BIG approves OOC.

Aggy tosu as a playoff quarterfinal would be fucking insane 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, 1leggedduck said:

Why wouldn't UM have publicly  thanked UT for considering him and said that he isn't interested in coaching again at this time, etc.? Is it because he shouldn't be, and officially has not been, offered a job that still belongs to someone else? I tend to think that if the negotiations actually happened, and I think they did, UM would want to stop any further discussion or speculation about it.  Or, maybe it is just not "proper" for him to have been considering it when TH is still in the job. It just seems odd that no one, from either side, has said anything publicly. I'm not drawing any conclusions, but it just seems strange no one has stabbed a fork in it.

Separate from Meyer and is preference, do you think Texas would want him to?  

What position would that put CDC/Texas in, at a time when Tom is still the coach? 

(It would obviously be different if the job were vacant, or if we had an interim coach.)

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

This whole thread should be studied by psychologists on how opinions/hopes are affected by confirmation bias.  Flight tracking and believing random unnamed posts on the internet are a prime example. 

First of all, I resent this statement.

Second, the flight tracking is an entertaining and harmless process that shouldn't be likened to some dildo holding themselves out to be an insider. Me and others who were tracking last week were clear about the fact that we're dildos, amateur dildos with a computer and no sources. And everyone knows that and can read what they want into flight reports given the surrounding information.

And frankly, I at least remain convinced that the Kendra Scott plane (and potentially others discussed) were in some way involved with the Urban courting. The only thing Urban not coming would prove as wrong without a shadow of a doubt is RGL, Squid, Ceddby and all of the other fake insiders. 

• Hook 'Em 7

Chip Brown was used as a mouthpiece to leak the Herman to LSU "news" back in 2016, on the day of the TCU game, to light a fire under under Perrin and Fenves (or something).

Gentlemen, maybe the Sunday night "leak" is misdirection after all. If true, I can't wait for Thujone's panel depicting said strategery.

3 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Good point. Kansas might be if our numbers are bad. 

A Kansas-tOSU game reminds me of a quote by Donald Rumsfeld when Pakistan said they didn't want US soldiers looking for Bin Laden in their country:

"We will bomb you back to the stone age."

3 minutes ago, jofus said:

If you’re Indiana, why would you risk losing again? They’re in the CCG under current rules, so they have nothing to gain.

Indiana has a chance to make the playoffs with a win against Ohio state and a big10 championship....

If they only win B1G champ then there is no way.

It’s a gamble... but crazier shit has happened in 2020

Big Dick Energy only.

Edited by Dnaguy
  • Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, MichaelDicksonFanClub said:

4) Kansas - UT canceled

6) Herman fired Tuesday

I Like It GIF by memecandy

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

First of all, I resent this statement.

Second, the flight tracking is an entertaining and harmless process that shouldn't be likened to some dildo holding themselves out to be an insider. Me and others who were tracking last week were clear about the fact that we're dildos, amateur dildos with a computer and no sources. And everyone knows that and can read what they want into flight reports given the surrounding information.

And frankly, I at least remain convinced that the Kendra Scott plane (and potentially others discussed) were in some way involved with the Urban courting. The only thing Urban not coming would prove as wrong without a shadow of a doubt is RGL, Squid, Ceddby and all of the other fake insiders. 

I didn't mean anything personal by it.  I too got wrapped up in the frenzy.  There were undoubtbly some flights that were tracked that were relevant to the search.

And no there is nothing wrong with it but that doesn't diminish the fact that much of it was confirmation bias.   

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, UTEX_ME said:

texags wants aggy vs. ohio state lulz. 

and they should.  it's the best chance they've ever had to put up or shut up.  the brethren showed their courage and put it on the line.

on sportscenter just now dinich said tosu situation tied to purdue situation but did not get details

38 minutes ago, MichaelDicksonFanClub said:

4) Kansas - UT canceled

6) Herman fired Tuesday

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thiefery said:

@closetojumping You said you heard that Campbell was interested in us, but CDC bought in TH after the Tech game (LOL)..  I felt if that was true Campbell would be petty about that..like I said I was interested and you doubled down on that idiot because of Tech?!? Is that me thinking with my petty mindset or could this be a real thing if UT circles him once again?

Correct me if im wrong but I remember  CTJ saying he was  more or less lined up but  then CDC decided to give him another shot with a revamped staff after he beat Tech

Just now, immamac said:

I hate to say it but TAMU vs tOSU would be insane ratings and makes a whole lot of sense for the "situation" both frozen out of CCG but ranked 4/5 as the final "play in" spot. 

Not sure I see the reasoning for tOSU unless they absolutely need it to get it. Would be too risky when the could play an already ran team that they beat 100% of the time. A game vs a&m is probably only a 70/30 proposition on a short week. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic