Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

TFB continuing to be a couple weeks behind

Earlier this week I noted the following (here):

As you know, CDC seemed to lend his support to Tom Herman’s return for the 2021 season.

Am told this was a decision led by CDC which wouldn’t necessarily be surprising, however…

I’m told that not everyone agreed with the decision. In fact I’m told prominent administrators and boosters did not agree with the decision and did not want a statement put out.

***I was able to get additional confirmation on this. I had originally been told that the disagreement about retaining Herman extended all the way up to President Hartzell. This also has been confirmed to me by an additional source.

***Again, I don’t know how this will play out but given the differences go that high up, I suppose it will depend on how serious each camp is. Either way, I’m not ready to say this is over.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

TFB continuing to be a couple weeks behind

Earlier this week I noted the following (here):

As you know, CDC seemed to lend his support to Tom Herman’s return for the 2021 season.

Am told this was a decision led by CDC which wouldn’t necessarily be surprising, however…

I’m told that not everyone agreed with the decision. In fact I’m told prominent administrators and boosters did not agree with the decision and did not want a statement put out.

***I was able to get additional confirmation on this. I had originally been told that the disagreement about retaining Herman extended all the way up to President Hartzell. This also has been confirmed to me by an additional source.

***Again, I don’t know how this will play out but given the differences go that high up, I suppose it will depend on how serious each camp is. Either way, I’m not ready to say this is over.

But we know based on the carpet from your brisket picture you are Eltife. So I mean it’s cute u post the 9.95 stuff to stay under the radar. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

Some of us fell asleep. Have to conserve our energy for the weekend. Hoping for some big news to start leaking out soon. Hoping. I don’t know shit. But it’s been posted on here that perhaps this weekend may bring some new news? 

Yeah and we also have to conserve that energy for cleaning up after Day Shift's fuckery.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, wood said:

That's kind of amazing. It's mentioned here all the time.

Only Sam doesn't have the same shitty, wind-up release as Tebow. Better passer, potentially a better runner. Taysom Hill is probably a more accurate comparison.

But, UM didn't coach Hill.

Brian Jones on the ticket this morning. Commented on CDC’s vague statement. “Cake is not baked yet.” Unclear if referring to Therman firing or Urban. I choose to believe both. 

PS. Everyone should reply to Hartzell’s holiday email with #firehermanhireurban 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, TexasEx said:

Brian Jones on the ticket this morning. Commented on CDC’s vague statement. “Cake is not baked yet.” Unclear if referring to Therman firing or Urban. I choose to believe both. 

PS. Everyone should reply to Hartzell’s holiday email with #firehermanhireurban 

DONE. Let's get this ball rolling...

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, closetohumping said:

I haven't looked but I bet Tebow has the faster 40 time.  Sam isn't as fast (or accurate) as some folks think.

Yeah, we give Sam too much credit bc he's our guy. How many times was he the best QB on the field this year? Doubtful he has the measurables of either Tebow or Hill.

But, he's probably still our best option for 2021 under UM's guidance. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

All the time.

Maybe his running stats are better due to more well-designed QB runs and OL's blocking?

Or he's just a better runner. He had more carries for more ypc for more touchdowns. I'm not sure that UF's OL between 2007-2009 was that much better than Texas' between 2018-2020. UF had 3 OL go in the 2011 draft but those guys wouldn't have even been on campus in Tebow's Heisman year and would have been green the next 2 years. 

(Don't get me wrong - they're comparable - I just think any argument that Sam is a better runner is pretty dubious at best)

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

Yeah, we give Sam too much credit bc he's our guy. How many times was he the best QB on the field this year? Doubtful he has the measurables of either Tebow or Hill.

But, he's probably still our best option for 2021 under UM's guidance. 

There's been a couple of times where I wondered if we had the better qb on the field for sure.  

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Or he's just a better runner. He had more carries for more ypc for more touchdowns. I'm not sure that UF's OL between 2007-2009 was that much better than Texas' between 2018-2020. UF had 3 OL go in the 2011 draft but those guys wouldn't have even been on campus in Tebow's Heisman year and would have been green the next 2 years. 

I just wanna see how Sam does with UM's coaching. IMO, he didn't meet our expectations or his potential under Herman.

9 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

There's been a couple of times where I wondered if we had the better qb on the field for sure.  

Uh... to take it a step further... there were a few times this season where I wondered if we were playing the best QB on our roster at the time. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Uh... to take it a step further... there were a few times this season where I wondered if we were playing the best QB on our roster at the time. 

Yeah.  But, as far as opposing guys, like when I watched Max Dugan scramble, I thought "somehow this guy seems like he's moving way faster than Sam."  Was it playcalling?  Was our defense slow?  

5 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Yeah.  But, as far as opposing guys, like when I watched Max Dugan scramble, I thought "somehow this guy seems like he's moving way faster than Sam."  Was it playcalling?  Was our defense slow?  

No, there was no one in the middle of the field.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Sir Ulrich said:

With Futureman being MIA and RD railing against a UM hiring in various thread we can only take this as a sign that things are trending upwards right? 

I think Futureman just got caught up in a Chinese fingercuffs situation while internally fistbumping himself.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Sam has looked like he was injured in several appearances over the last two seasons. Seemed to be ribs, limiting his throwing abilities. He also seems to wait for his first read to get open instead of progressing quickly. The last game with Kansas State was very different and my game watch partner said he thought Mike Y was calling the plays without micro management by Herman. Maybe that could continue if we don't land Meyer.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

With Futureman being MIA and RD railing against a UM hiring in various thread we can only take this as a sign that things are trending upwards right? 

Please don't mention RD, he's like a dog on a bone when he sniffs out someone referencing him.

Despite his lengthy and uninformed dissertations about the perils of hiring UM on other threads, he's been blissfully absent from this thread. Let's not change that.

35 minutes ago, ztejas said:

(Don't get me wrong - they're comparable - I just think any argument that Sam is a better runner is pretty dubious at best)

Florida had the Pouncey twins and Aaron Hernandez at TE. That is significantly better IMO

11 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

Florida had the Pouncey twins and Aaron Hernandez at TE. That is significantly better IMO

You're right - I missed the better Pouncey in that 2010 draft class. He started as a true freshman in '07. 

Regardless, in their best rushing years (07 for Tebow and 19 for Sam) you could probably call the OLs a wash. So I'm going to go with the guy that had more carries and TDs on a higher YPC as the better runner. And Tebow had 3 years better than Sam's best. That's a bit much to wash out with a couple years of comparable OL play and one year with better OL play. 

(This isn't even getting into the fact that Tebow was probably playing against better defenses in that era of the SEC)

16 minutes ago, pops said:

Night crew carried this thread on our backs for a week. So we have a shitty Wednesday. Deal with it. 

And do better today than having 5 stars decommit on your watch. 

Yes! On our backs ALL week!!! Lol. Pull your shit together day crew! Find some more intel! Ha! 

FF536E8B-1203-4E72-9711-20AC2C394D80.gif

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

You're right - I missed the better Pouncey in that 2010 draft class. He started as a true freshman in '07. 

Regardless, in their best rushing years (07 for Tebow and 19 for Sam) you could probably call the OLs a wash. So I'm going to go with the guy that had more carries and TDs on a higher YPC as the better runner. And Tebow had 3 years better than Sam's best. That's a bit much to wash out with a couple years of comparable OL play and one year with better OL play. 

(This isn't even getting into the fact that Tebow was probably playing against better defenses in that era of the SEC)

No argument from me, Tebow was much better, just an O Line guy.

• Hook 'Em 1