Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

8 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

Ok. Well then I'm all aboard.

I read that way back in 2013 I think, can't find it now. NFL is interested, we should be too, at minimum he should be interviewed, I think he would be a great fit but who knows what the pressure of coaching can do to someone who isn't prepared. He has security at NW, he may no longer be interested, but I would certainly request an interview.

Fitzgerald has been offered higher paid jobs in the past that he has turned down. I don’t think a Texas caliber job has ever been offered so the narrative is he is at his dream job. He has had some very mediocre (putting it nicely) offenses so I would try to vet out in the interview how he plans on addressing that. He’s also fiercely loyal to his assistants apparently so I’m not sure a Fitzgerald hire would yield him assembling an all star coaching group. 

5 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Fitzgerald has been offered higher paid jobs in the past that he has turned down. I don’t think a Texas caliber job has ever been offered so the narrative is he is at his dream job. He has had some very mediocre (putting it nicely) offenses so I would try to vet out in the interview how he plans on addressing that. He’s also fiercely loyal to his assistants apparently so I’m not sure a Fitzgerald hire would yield him assembling an all star coaching group. 

Yeah, at this point, not sure he would leave, he may be a lifer there. Just know that at one point he had interest in Texas, not to say his dream, job, pretty sure he has his dream job.

17 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

No matter how this game ends, Matt Campbell is one hell of a coach. 

Wtf?

I think you mean - Heacock is a hell of a coach.

Campbell’s resume is built entirely on Heacock’s work. The ST were fucking terrible. The offensive side of the ball was packed with penalties, poor play calls, the moronic paralysis on that 3rd down call, 3 INTs. 

this isn’t a 1 game thing either.

Heacock is the straw that stirs that drink. 

Edited by golfclap
  • Hook 'Em 5

OU is going to be a monster in the 2020’s. Their defense is legit now. Lincoln is an offensive xo’s wizard. We really need to figure out who can make us comparable and then better than them. It’s not just recruiting, offense strategy, play calling, fundamentals, defensive strategy, special teams, etc. It’s all of those things.

Edited by NoRagrets
  • Fuck You 3

Just now, NoRagrets said:

OU is going to be a monster in the 2020’s. Their defense is legit now. Lincoln is an offensive xo’s wizard. We really need to figure out who can make us comparable and better than them. It’s not just recruiting, offense strategy, play calling, fundamentals, defensive strategy, special teams, etc. It’s all of those things.

Yeah, super awesome how they lost twice in a down Big 12 season.

What in the world makes this season the one that makes you scared of Oklahoma?

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

all the more reason that herman cannot be retained under any circumstance.  3 great recruiting classes and a sr qb in a year where ou is rebuilding and herman can't even coach his team into the championship geme

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

You’re a moron if you don’t see the progression of this program. The beginning of this season was an anomaly, especially given their Covid problems in fall camp.

OU is legit. I hate them. Herman sucks but I like our coordinators.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Hagbard Celine said:

we don't care about winning

we are not competing to win

we are cal

People keep saying this, but there isn’t a lot of evidence of it other than that r haven’t been very good. We hired one of the hottest coaches and paid him a shitload of money. We fired a lot of assistant coaches to hire guys that cost a lot. We fired the last coach after 3 (admittedly terrible) seasons. 

Maybe we’re more USC/Michigan than tOSU, but there isn’t a lot of evidence that we’re Cal. 

Just now, Texas Wahoo said:

People keep saying this, but there isn’t a lot of evidence of it other than that r haven’t been very good. We hired one of the hottest coaches and paid him a shitload of money. We fired a lot of assistant coaches to hire guys that cost a lot. We fired the last coach after 3 (admittedly terrible) seasons. 

Maybe we’re more USC/Michigan than tOSU, but there isn’t a lot of evidence that we’re Cal. 

We care about winning, we just go about it wrong. Being a successful P5 coach should be a minimum requirement for consideration for the job. No reason to trust Texas football to a G5 risk. 

18 minutes ago, NoRagrets said:

OU is going to be a monster in the 2020’s. Their defense is legit now. Lincoln is an offensive xo’s wizard. We really need to figure out who can make us comparable and then better than them. It’s not just recruiting, offense strategy, play calling, fundamentals, defensive strategy, special teams, etc. It’s all of those things.

So we’re you implying OU “doesn’t” suck???......

10 minutes ago, Texas Wahoo said:

yes, we'll never be fucking cal

30 minutes ago, NoRagrets said:

Their Defense is bullshit

• Hook 'Em 1

This post isn’t about bringing Matt Campbell to Austin. Its simply about development of the talent ISU has. Iowa State has had nowhere near the talent we have had in the last decade. Not even close. And yet they are competitive in GAMES (and winning some) with the top three teams in the conference (UT, OU, TCU—-when it comes to recruiting classes). UT should be much better and they are not. Iowa State’s top recruiting class in the nation the last decade was ranked #45. That shows me that our coaching is a fucking joke at Texas and has been a fucking joke for a decade plus.

it’s simple. I’m not saying Matt Campbell to Texas. I’m saying Matt Campbell does more with the talent he has than we ever could. Can you imagine Herman with Iowa State’s players? Herman is such a shitty coach. 

If we don’t bag UM (we will) have a damn coaching search and interview 3-7 coaches. 

Urban or Bust. Fire Tom! The cupboard bare argument holds no water. Either you can fucking coach or you can’t. If Tom had lesser talent on the roster we’d have lost to Tech and OSU. Jmo. Fire Tom!

Edited by Nicole44
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Scooter Monzingo said:

Their defense has got much better from where I’m sitting. They find some depth they won’t be a push over.

Sure they get some depth, no different from anyone. But they can’t hold a lead. They have an Oregon, Texas Tech defense, based on the offense making them just good enough. Until that changes they are paper tigers.