Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

15 minutes ago, CHIEF said:

I've completely dodged this whole subject. But motherfucker, I hope you get a hangnail and don't own a set of nail clippers.

CHIEF

Hangnail.png

I was brought up on the streets, no moms and dads
I had to fend for myself with my own two hands
But today I'm hurtin and I'll tell you why
I got a hangnail
Hanging from my cuticle
A hangnail
It ain't beautiful
It hurts like a bitch that I did last night

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Urban Meyer with complete 100% control of everything from football to the health staff will end like all of his other stops.  Expect some wins but deal with rapists, murderers, and lawsuits.

Nvm

Edited by B00M

2 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Urban Meyer with complete 100% control of everything from football to the health staff will end like all of his other stops.  Expect some wins but deal with rapists, murderers, and lawsuits.

Yeah, bro, can you imagine what an Urban Meyer rapist health staff would look like? Probably something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMLKbXuv-xA

20 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Same here.  Fredericksburg I sort of get because of the wineries and the recent food options.  But with HSB, unless something has changed, you're looking at the pie shop in Marble Falls or whatever.  For anything else, I'm driving into Austin.  If lakes and golf are your thing, I guess HSB is fine, but I'm not living out there.

I live personally live in Austin but I noticed the brewery scene is starting to be a thing in marble falls with some restaurants that opened up pre covid. The dream is to get a couple hundred off the pedernales and fully embrace my life purpose of hilly billying

1 minute ago, Octavian said:

Been a lurker since I was still in school at UT, now graduated, moved to NYC, and a couple years into working. I work at a hedge fund doing equity research work and we do some pretty intense work digging through public records. Wanted to make my first post just to say y’all did it. Y’all did it, you glorious bastards. I’ve never seen such beautiful sleuthing until now.

Go back to college station 

2 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

We got 3,000 fuckin' lawyers on this site, and obviously they spend all day here. This thread already proves the are better than the CIA.

CHIEF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, USMCHorn said:

That is absolutely the case at Texas now. We got players, our coaches just fucking suck.

Mostly this. we do need some speed upgrade.  That said, 2 words "transfer portal".  There couldn't be a better time to sign Urban.

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust [Today started on page 175]

That’s the question how close is Texas today the playoffs with him? And how much can we plug holes through the transfer portal? If he’s here for 5-6 years he’s got to ramp up fast to win 4 conference championships in 5 years and 3 national championships 4 years.

There’s enough talent here to compete for a conference title. It’s going to be a tougher road next season though, the Big12 is going to be a bit salty. Maybe Urban can pull off some miracles on the trail, convince someone guys to hold off on signing till Feb.

36 minutes ago, RedAustin said:

and say we dont get urban? what if we end up with someone like freeze or cristobal? still apply? 

You don’t have this much smoke unless it’s on track to getting locked up. UM doesn’t want to answer questions about speculation. If he wasn’t interested, he would say that he is happy with what he is doing and is not coming out of retirement to quash the speculation. Everyone in the free world know that talks are being had. The bridge with Herman has been burnt to the ground. He wouldn’t want to stay with all this activity anyway. Who wants to coach for a school that tried to oust you and got rejected? So we’re locked in on a buyout. We’re not spending $25 million plus to hire our 2nd or 3rd pick. If this wasn’t getting done, CDC would be a hell of a lot more vocal to save face and reassure our commitment to Herman instead of being radio silent. It would be a huge face plant for this not to happen at this point. 

• Hook 'Em 4

29 minutes ago, RedAustin said:

OK so say we get urban. Where does that thrust us into 2022 recruiting? Do we get Ewers back? Do we steal some guys Aggy is already winning?

Every Texas kid on tOSU roster in the last ~5 years besides, Garrett Wilson, would likely have played in Austin.

Far more interested in if UM can flip Brock's boys back in the fold.

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

1 hour ago, KYHorn said:

Confirms horseshoe and adds cigarette/smoking to sunset. Siap.

They confirmed it's a cigar. I'm thinking the sunset could refer to the sunset strip, which is real close to the Fox studios in LA. Maybe announcing then?

25 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Fish is notorious for posting click bait in times like these. Every time a NBA player asks for a trade he makes up stuff ro make the Mavs fans read his BS. 

Even after a couple of years into Urban Meyer's "retirement,'' he remains one of the most alluring coaching names in college football. And with Tom Herman on the University of Texas hot seat—and with the Longhorns never shy about puffing out their chests at the attractiveness of Austin—it seems like Meyer may find the idea "alluring'' in return.

The buzz, per two sources close to the Longhorns/Meyer situation, is this: Meyer is putting in the work to assemble a "what-if'' staff should he decide to leave his FOX analyst job and re-enter the NCAA grind.

For UT, it would register as one of the greatest "gets'' of its kind; Meyer built an incredible legacy at Ohio State, left the game due to his health concerns, but is still viewed as so relentlessly talented that the Longhorns' return to prominence would be almost inevitable.

Meyer has a masterful talent for building programs, and for pushing the envelope (and even the rules) to achieve that goal. Star players in Texas and beyond would likely realize that and be magnetized to it. 

READ MORE: Shouldn't Herman Fight For His Texas Coaching Life?

As we've chronicled above, there is a certain entitlement at Texas that causes supporters of the program to assume that because it spends so much money, and because of its storied history, and because, well, "It's Texas!,'' that national-championship contention is a birthright.

That's now how sports work. 

Putting Urban Meyer in charge of all that financing, putting him in charge of the sales pitch of the tradition and the city and the rest ... that's what works.

Meyer's search for a "what-if'' coaching staff would allow him to pluck some of his proteges from Ohio State and elsewhere. It would allow Meyer and that staff to flex its recruiting muscle in one of the most fertile regions in America. And it would do this: Assistant coaches would see being a Meyer assistant at a successful Texas program as their own fast road to success.

And the recruits? As was the case at Ohio State, kids would see being a Meyer Longhorn as a fast road to NFL riches.

It so happens that Herman once traveled that fast road as a Meyer assistant at Ohio State; it's part of the reason he arrived in Austin. But that arrangement hasn't worked to the satisfaction of Longhorns Nation ... and even if it was working OK, Herman is no Meyer.

There's another wrinkle to the Meyer/Herman intersection worth noting: Privately, Herman thinks Meyer has used his catbird seat at FOX to take potshots at Herman's Austin regime. More damning: Privately, Meyer thinks Herman was the "tattletale'' who told damaging truths about the underbelly of the Buckeyes program.

The rumor of Mr. and Mrs. Meyer house-shopping in the vicinity of The Forty Acres? We don't know about that one. But the buzz about Urban Meyer being serious enough about coaching the Longhorns to be kicking it around with prospective assistants? That buzz is real.

Fuck this guy.

1. You don't assemble your Italian mob staff for hypotheticals. 

2. Texas doesn't spend the most money every year but we make the most in revenue and profit. (tOSU out spends us by 25MM)

3. Fuck yeah I'm entitled. We should we want to own the Big 12 so badly that Lincoln has to make the NFL move. 

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic