Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

You don't win meaningful football games with choirboys. Meyer may recruit more players with questionable character. When/if they do bad stuff, my point was the admin wouldn't allow a coverup like gaylor. 

Right, and I think the implication was Meyer not being down for that is the reason for the “total control” issue. Who knows if that’s the case though.

3 minutes ago, troph said:

I ain’t trading LT for Lake LBJ but yeah stupid money flying in and out kinda like Fredericksburg and I kinda don’t get either of them honestly.

Same here.  Fredericksburg I sort of get because of the wineries and the recent food options.  But with HSB, unless something has changed, you're looking at the pie shop in Marble Falls or whatever.  For anything else, I'm driving into Austin.  If lakes and golf are your thing, I guess HSB is fine, but I'm not living out there.

7 minutes ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

This. You gather the clan somewhat out of the public eye and then put them on a puddle jumper to Austin.

The HSB runway is right at 6000' long. No need for puddle jumpers. We flew into Burbank for the Rose Bowl on SWA 737 and the runway was 6800'. Now they did hit the brakes hard enough to pull the boogers out of my nose and deposit them on the seat back in front of me. But 6000' is more than enough for a private jet.

CHIEF

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

Not so sure how good Opie's is now??   Heard something about a divorce changing who owns/runs the place now and quality has suffered.

My dad says Cooper's in Llano went downhill a few years ago. Though I thought that was because the guy who started Opie's left.

23 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

If any BMDs are reading this I left a pitching wedge at Horseshoe last time I was out there. If one of you guys can grab it and bring it by the tailgate for me that'd be super cool. Thanks.

While in college I golfed at one of those courses, and on a water/island type hole (I think, it's been awhile) a dude in his boat started heckling one of my buddies who was struggling to stay dry on his drive. My buddy ended up throwing his club in the water. Good times. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Right, and I think the implication was Meyer not being down for that is the reason for the “total control” issue. Who knows if that’s the case though.

I doubt total control means the ability to cover up and the admin to look the other way above minor stuff. That would be a deal breaker for almost any school with a legit rep.

32 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

I’ve been doing shit since 3pm. Is there a way to get a separate thread of only substantive updates or a synopsis of why people are so confident? I appreciate the nature of this thread, but the site is running a little slow and I can’t wade through 1500 posts to try to catch up. I’ll preemptively go fuck myself for not keeping up. Thanks!

Radio host in Dallas claimed he heard that Urban is going trying to build a staff. tOSU fans are melting down.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mikey4 said:
14 minutes ago, victory88 said:
So we’ve legit figured out what hotel he’s staying at.  Anyway we can figure out the room number? Maybe we can DoorDash or favor a McRib burger with Mayo and bourbon to him just to bring this full circle.

Careful, one of these jackasses will actually do it and screw everything up.

Yeah about that.  Sorry guys. 

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, CenTex Hill Billy said:

Radio host in Dallas claimed he heard that Urban is going trying to build a staff. tOSU fans are melting down.

Wasn't this posted here yet? Maybe I found it on Twitter.
https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/buzz-urban-meyer-assembling-a-what-if-staff-to-join-him-at-university-of-texas

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, RedAustin said:

I just have a bad feeling we're getting our hopes up just to get rawdogged with some Assistant Coach hire. If that happen we chase CDC out with pitchforks 

I’ve edited my comment to represent my disapproval of your negativity. 

Edited by PatSolitanojr
Red Austin lame

1 minute ago, RedAustin said:

I just have a bad feeling we're getting our hopes up just to get rawdogged with some Assistant Coach hire. If that happen we chase CDC out with pitchforks 

There’s a saying in life, son..”Know your audience”.  

8 minutes ago, futureman said:

not even a little bit worried. what a fucking ridiculous dumpster fire of shame and embarrassment this thread is.  urban isn’t going to be the coach, you sad morons. 

I've completely dodged this whole subject. But motherfucker, I hope you get a hangnail and don't own a set of nail clippers.

CHIEF

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, RedAustin said:

Fuck Tom Herman 

So it's still a wining situation if he's gone.

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic