Jake Smith

FriendofaFriend

lol herman said "apparently a hamstring injury in warmups".   sounds like a fucking selfish teammate that quit on his team right before the game started.  I hope he doesn't play another down for Texas.  You know, none of us like Herman or are happy with the year.  But way to quit on your own teammates and give them a big fuck you.  These guys deserve each other.  I cannot wait till we flush every player and coach from this program.  I feel for Sam and you can feel the fucking weight he's carrying by himself for this program.  

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, victory88 said:

lol herman said "apparently a hamstring injury in warmups".   sounds like a fucking selfish teammate that quit on his team right before the game started.  I hope he doesn't play another down for Texas.  You know, none of us like Herman or are happy with the year.  But way to quit on your own teammates and give them a big fuck you.  These guys deserve each other.  I cannot wait till we flush every player and coach from this program.  I feel for Sam and you can feel the fucking weight he's carrying by himself for this program.  

Herman also said Sterns injured his foot in practice this week and couldn't play.    Previously reported ?    

.   Not good when two team captains do not play in the OU game.    Locker room turmoil ?  The tone of Herman's voice/demeanor announcing the injuries in the press conf seemed suspect.

1 minute ago, Tex-19 said:

Yeah the Sterns one seemed a little suspect to me too. I don't remember hearing a word about it before today.

My thoughts exactly.  It's the fucking OU game, and you sit out with an injured toe?  WTF???  And you're supposed to be on the leadership council and a captain...great fucking example you set there.

Just checking.... This drama is because he:
altered his Instagram to be hornsless we think but aren't for sure it wasn't like that already

Twitter is like it was and still has horns stuff

and he didn't play today possibly due to an injury and the return of jwhitt

Does that cover it? Did I miss anything in this bitch fit of a mess of a thread?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

46 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Yeah the Sterns one seemed a little suspect to me too. I don't remember hearing a word about it before today.

Is Smith a captain?

38 minutes ago, Helobious said:

There’s no way, he’s an underclassman and not an impact player. Like at all.

No he is not,  my bad.   At one of Herman's press conf he mentioned Smith was elected to something, maybe the leadership council ?  

https://247sports.com/college/texas/Article/Texas-Longhorns-football-captains-Sam-Ehlinger-Joseph-Ossai-Samuel-Cosmi-Derek-Kerstetter-Chris-Brown-TaQuon-Graham-Caden-Sterns-151326567/

Edited by torre

2 minutes ago, cam4mav said:

Just checking.... This drama is because he:
altered his Instagram to be hornsless we think but aren't for sure it wasn't like that already

Twitter is like it was and still has horns stuff

and he didn't play today possibly due to an injury and the return of jwhitt

Does that cover it? Did I miss anything in this bitch fit of a mess of a thread?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

If I played on a Texas team that looked as bad as they do, id get rid of all mentions of Texas on my insta too.

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

Pretty good game tonight other than the catch early on that got easily slapped from his grasp.  No one else really showed up tonight.  

That Moore catch in OT was pretty great.  Eagles looked like he was going to be involved early but don't know what happened--didn't seem to get much separation.  Texas has wideouts that should be fearsome.  Eagles, Moore and Jake aren't pedestrian and should be the starting 3.  I'm becoming meh on Black and totally forgot about Schooler. What happened to Washington? But then again, who's blocking? 

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

That Moore catch in OT was pretty great.  Eagles looked like he was going to be involved early but don't know what happened--didn't seem to get much separation.  Texas has wideouts that should be fearsome.  Eagles, Moore and Jake aren't pedestrian and should be the starting 3.  I'm becoming meh on Black and totally forgot about Schooler. What happened to Washington? But then again, who's blocking? 

None of our WRs can beat press very effectively. That's at least partially on Andre Coleman. Whoever's playing in the slot position gets more catches, simply because it's easier to scheme the slot WR open. Before he got hurt it was Whittington I believe.

41 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

Schooler is injured.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, satyanash said:

None of our WRs can beat press very effectively. That's at least partially on Andre Coleman. Whoever's playing in the slot position gets more catches, simply because it's easier to scheme the slot WR open. Before he got hurt it was Whittington I believe.

The big issue is our best WRs (Moore, Whittington, and Smith) all profile best as slot WRs. Yurcich's offense is meant to highlight the outside WRs. Our outside WRs are mainly big possession WRs. We really hurt ourselves missing Quentin Johnson.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:

The big issue is our best WRs (Moore, Whittington, and Smith) all profile best as slot WRs. Yurcich's offense is meant to highlight the outside WRs. Our outside WRs are mainly big possession WRs. We really hurt ourselves missing Quentin Johnson.

Troy Omeire would probably fill that role if he hadn’t torn his ACL in preseason. I definitely see your point, but (like always) we actually do have the necessary talent on the roster.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Auto Driller said:

Troy Omeire would probably fill that role if he hadn’t torn his ACL in preseason. I definitely see your point, but (like always) we actually do have the necessary talent on the roster.

Dude. I seriously cannot wait to see that dude in a game. He's gonna be crazy good. Let's hope he doesn't have Collin Johnson disease and has an injury every year. He's special. 

When has Whittington not been hurt?

7 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

Idk 7/70/1 stat line is pretty good

Lolz posted before that. Are you gonna tell me before that game he was “impressive”? But like I said in the game thread, I’ll happily eat crow all season long if that means the team wins. Idgaf

Edited by taybo20

1 hour ago, taybo20 said:

Lolz posted before that. Are you gonna tell me before that game he was “impressive”? But like I said in the game thread, I’ll happily eat crow all season long if that means the team wins. Idgaf

I too wonder why the guy with a nagging hamstring injury wasn't lighting it up.

Edited by Schulz2.0

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i really don't understand that.  must not be jiving with the new staff.  it isn't like the wrs impressed in the spring and he's lost his job.  along with whittington and bijan, jake was someone I was looking forward to seeing what Sark would do.

• Hook 'Em 2