The Batshit Insane QAnon Conspiracy Theory

Hugo Stiglitz

35 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Why do they always have to allege pedophilia? It's not enough that they don't like them or their policies or that they're criminals, but the crimes always seem to have to include pedophilia. It's almost like they are projecting something from within themselves. Its really fucking scary.

That’s a good question. I tend to think of Q as a kind of urban legend or cult religious belief. The spread of such beliefs is governed by similar rules that apply in epidemiology, Darwinian evolution, and the proliferation of memes. Ideas with certain characteristics are more likely to be adopted and spread. 

Opposition to a heinous crime is a characteristic of a cult belief system that would seemingly cause it to spread more effectively. Such a belief fosters solidarity (Who doesn’t agree that sex predators should be punished severely?), inspires a strong emotional response (What is more heartbreaking than the idea of child abuse?), and discourages skeptical responses (Who wants to explain why they oppose a movement purportedly trying to reduce child abuse?).

In that sense, the child abuse angle is kind of like the proteins on a virus that unlock a pathway into vulnerable cells. It weakens resistance and opens a door for all the other nonsense that comes along for the ride. And that’s why so many of these successful urban legend cult movements throughout the years have come attached to unfounded allegations of extreme, widespread immorality — because those allegations are what makes the myth so successful at propagating in the first place.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

In that sense, the child abuse angle is kind of like the proteins on a virus that unlock a pathway into vulnerable cells. It weakens resistance and opens a door for all the other nonsense that comes along for the ride. And that’s why so many of these successful [religions] throughout the years have come attached to unfounded allegations of extreme, widespread immorality — because those allegations are what makes the myth so successful at propagating in the first place.

*ducks*

• Like 3

Why do they always have to allege pedophilia? It's not enough that they don't like them or their policies or that they're criminals, but the crimes always seem to have to include pedophilia. It's almost like they are projecting something from within themselves. Its really fucking scary.

It’s actually even simpler than discussed above: doing something “for the children” is intended to inoculate the belief system against criticism.

How can you oppose us? WON’T SOMEONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN?!?!

I take these cults for what they are. The overlapping Q and Trump cults both give the members of each a feeling that they are a part of something bigger than themselves and that each cult provides them with a cocoon from their own life. Each cult provides a sense of belonging to a fantasy existence that is an upgrade on their actual life.

We have millions of broken people in our country. Many of them are mentally at a point where I am entirely uncertain they can be reached. There are many that still can be though and it is worth the effort to try and bring some folks back from the brink and to provide them a better actual reality so they will not be receptive to this craziness they are mentally entangled in ever again.

• Hook 'Em 3

^

I agree with much of that, I'm just wondering what it is that brought them out of the woodwork.  I don't think the last four years "broke" them, they were already damaged/vulnerable as you say.  What triggered them to "become self-aware" and then aggregate into groups/camps?  Internet and conspiracy theory has been around a long, long time.  Racism and craving to belong to something bigger than yourself to make yourself seem superior and fulfilled?........that's been around for millennia.  It's the basis of a great deal of organized religion.  Why was this round so different?   

2 hours ago, 'stache said:

I've thought about this. I think that in order to be most effective, a good mass panic/delusion has to involve just the most absolute evil. It has to trigger existential fear. I remember early on, most Q shit was about Trump v. the Deep State in the context of the Russia investigation and run of the mill corruption. (Yawn!) The pedophile/murder angle makes it involve the most egregious, aggravated offenses of sexual abuse and murder, against the most vulnerable victims, children. It is 1,000 times more emotionally provocative than Hillary's e-mails or Obama allegedly "spying" on Trump.

The ability to quickly organize had a big role in it. There is a site I read maybe every couple of months called Abovetopsecret, but I can only read it for maybe 10 minutes or so because the board format reminds me of early message boards that were a hard read due to that. The site has every conspiracy theory you can imagine. Now you take people who are reading that stuff everyday and you combine it with their place they consume news at  and you now have these awakened mobs of people who think they are a part of a movement to save kids and the world from pedophiles. They have an instant feedback loops thanks to sites like that that feed them the fuel that keeps the fire burning hot. That is one of so many differences now in how this stuff seems to spread like wildfire. 

These people were damaged long before this and I would argue that we would have to find out about their childhood to know the full truth of what got them to the point they are at. We need an army of therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists and doctors out there with these folks giving them the care they need mentally. The challenge here, in my opinion, is how do you find an effective way to reach these folks in a timely manner? I mean you are going to have to re-wire some folks and completely change who they are. This is one of the greatest challenges facing society and we are showing that our preparation is sorely lacking for reintegration of these folks into society.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

These people were damaged long before this and I would argue that we would have to find out about their childhood to know the full truth of what got them to the point they are at. We need an army of therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists and doctors out there with these folks giving them the care they need mentally. The challenge here, in my opinion, is how do you find an effective way to reach these folks in a timely manner? I mean you are going to have to re-wire some folks and completely change who they are. This is one of the greatest challenges facing society and we are showing that our preparation is sorely lacking for reintegration of these folks into society.

Agreed.  Fucking-A though, all the other ways I feel like I need to be a better dad for my little girls...now I gotta worry about them getting sucked up into whatever bullshit is around in 10-20 years.  

I'm all for progressive inclusion in society, but I'm really craving a time right now where the marginalized stupid white kids with shitty parents knew their place.  They fell behind in school, did their time in detention, and unionized with Joint Fitters Local #137 after high school.  Raised their own mediocre kids, bought scratch-offs, and smoked themselves to death by 55 without much political engagement.  I know a 100 guys like that growing up in Chicago.  They hated and blamed everybody, but led honest lives, and it never occurred to them to worship a guy like Trump or Q.  

The truly frightening part of all this Trump and Q worship to me is the people that buy into it the most never actually had the American Dream.  Nothing was actually taken from them by anybody or any government.  They were going to be undereducated, underemployed, underpaid, etc. no matter what.  Their lives were always destined for mediocrity.  It's one thing if you hate somebody for what you once had, that's now gone.  That's the mark of human history.  But many of these people are especially unstable to me because they're battling invented adversaries at the behest of people who don't care about them, to get back something they never had in the first place based on a constructed mass illusion built by people they can't even see.  How in the flying fuck do you combat something like that?  

Hitler killed himself, Hirohito surrendered, Mussolini was executed.  All three peoples surrendered their arms, accepted their punishment, and rebuilt as decent societies.  I don't think that option is available to us any longer.  

23 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

The anti-intellectual movement that started with the introduction of Palin and culminated with the ascendancy of Trump.

I think it goes back way further than you think, like electing an actor as President (Reagan), but I was a kid at the time so maybe that wasn't the case. As far as my adult political life goes, I think Bush II was a big part of it, "he talks like we do," etc., although he was in fact fairly competent, unlike Trump, who is the pinnacle of anti-intellectualism.

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

My God, wait until somebody tells Mary Holmes that Biden was sworn-in on a completely different day in China proving he's a double-agent.  He works for the U.S. on Wednesdays while serving the Chi-Coms on Thursday.  

Why is it always the straight-A, sweet kids that take their own lives and never the idiots like Mary Holmes?  

Edited by Lobo

8 minutes ago, Lobo said:

My God, wait until somebody tells Mary that Doctor Jill Biden, Ed. was sworn-in on a completely different day in China proving he's a double-agent.  He works for the U.S. on Wednesdays while serving the Chi-Coms on Thursday.  

Why is it always the straight-A, sweet kids that take their own lives and never the idiots like Mary Holmes?  

Shit, I was typing "Mary Holmes" from the facebook feed that "Biden" was sworn-in.  Brain freeze and typed it out wrong.  I think I edited it now correctly. 

21 minutes ago, ROFL BOX said:

*She didn't have "central" in her post until asked about it, then edited to include this.

951631629_2021QcumberInauguration.thumb.png.1683beec6bdee92ad1889a0f70b04ab6.png

This reads to me more like she thought it had to be right at 12 eastern/11 central, so she took a break at 11 to see it and it had happened a few minutes early.  But she’s your friend/relative not mine so you should know her intellectual capabilities. 

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

This reads to me more like she thought it had to be right at 12 eastern/11 central, so she took a break at 11 to see it and it had happened a few minutes early.  But she’s your friend/relative not mine so you should know her intellectual capabilities. 

She's no connection to me - she simply didn't understand 11 central = noon eastern.

& In that exact same thread, the morons outed themselves with things like "it's not a legal inauguration because he did it {4 mintues, whatever] early & it was an Illuminati / Freemasons bible that was used and I found out that DC is not part of the United States, it's like a foreign entity so that's why we are "occupying" DC with our National Guard and... and... and...

Essentially a shitload of stupids who continue to out themselves as fucking morons.

If you are on FB & want to see the stupidity, join this group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/236810261072658

You believe in a 4Chan prank that has never once made a correct prediction.

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

20 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

She sees Bobert and Green and the dumb hairstylist bitch from Dallas and thinks This Is The Way. She might win. So this was her plan all along. 

I simultaneously loathe, and love, this timeline.  For the same reason.

• Hook 'Em 1

Some good discussion here about how these people fell into it, and what to do about it. 

I think it's a confluence of Trump appealing to large groups of previously apolitical people, right-wing media's increasing demonization of the left for the last 20? years, and social media algorithms. 

You get large groups of people suddenly paying attention because they like the orange man, what news they have received or paid attention to the last X years has constantly told them the other side is basically evil, then some whackos with youtube channels peddling conspiracy theories start getting pushed at them in a feedback loop. Oh, and let's not forget Russia's social media manipulation to help kick things off.  

The good news, perhaps, is that the social media part can be fixed if Google/Facebook are willing to do so. And without the orange man hopefully people start to lose interest in politics again. 

Edited by BillyBadAss

2 hours ago, Pancho said:

I don't wanna sound redundantly misogynist...but she still looks like the answer to the question, 'What if boxed wine took human form?'  

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

I agree with much of that, I'm just wondering what it is that brought them out of the woodwork.  I don't think the last four years "broke" them, they were already damaged/vulnerable as you say.

Out of the serious Q types I know/have known, all of them had pre-existing dispositions that made them susceptible to it.  Mentally ill.  I mean, the really serious types.  There's plenty of conspiracy theories out there that don't rely on seriously mentally damaged/vulnerable people, and they do still suck in those types, but Q was tailor-made for this group of people.

What makes Q different, as UpperWestside said, was their ability to rapidly organize nation-wide, to instantly spread unsubstantiated/fake news nation-wide, to meet and talk with one another non-stop, and to get instant feedback.  Get that dopamine hit as it were.

This isn't like the old days with JFK or UFOs, where getting these people together was haphazard, and relied on actual physical mailing lists, ads in the back of a local "alt" magazine or flyers around a college campus.   As somebody who hung around the JFK stuff in the early 90s (thanks Oliver Stone!), you could get together on campus and listen to some guy talk about his theory, you could buy books but there was very little instant feedback for the most part, or it was extremely confined geographically.

They sure as hell didn't have a sitting President of the United States egging them on and inviting them to rallies, or members of Congress openly embracing them.  In fact, they had spent decades being demonized and confined to the back of the book store or dimly lit rooms in the student union.  And a lot of those people, IMO with the JFK stuff, had an actual connection to the assassination - it was a traumatizing event in their childhood, or perhaps they were young adults, full of optimism, etc. and then JFK is killed, and the 60s went to shit, their world became dark - more than a few I knew had been drafted and sent off to Vietnam (or knew somebody who did), and they had this notion that if JFK had not been killed, their lives would have been better.  The whole end of the Camelot mythos, that America was on the verge of something great, that it was reconciling.    In retrospect, these Q people have had somebody come along and whip them up into a frenzy against perceived threats.

One thing that makes Q so effective, was that it sprang into the public conscious extremely quickly, and the public/media had very little chance or the time to dissect and debunk it decisively before it became widely disseminated.  

In a matter of months/weeks, it went from "haha, there's some nuts believing there's a pedo ring in the non-existent basement of a pizza joint and one of them fired off a shot" to "what the fuck, why are these people at Trump rallies wearing Q paraphernalia, and why is twitter and FB swarming with these people, and why are people I know spreading their shit around on FB and twitter?"

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, DallasHorn26 said:

I agree, when she starts spouting this stuff, we just kind of look at each other and roll our eyes. My GF has known her since High School and its just in the last few months that she's bought into this stuff. It was kind of entertaining to listen to it at first, but now we've started to become concerned for her. 

There is only one way to save her, and it involves your girlfriend and a double headed dildo.

4 hours ago, Lobo said:

Agreed.  Fucking-A though, all the other ways I feel like I need to be a better dad for my little girls...now I gotta worry about them getting sucked up into whatever bullshit is around in 10-20 years.  

I'm all for progressive inclusion in society, but I'm really craving a time right now where the marginalized stupid white kids with shitty parents knew their place.  They fell behind in school, did their time in detention, and unionized with Joint Fitters Local #137 after high school.  Raised their own mediocre kids, bought scratch-offs, and smoked themselves to death by 55 without much political engagement.  I know a 100 guys like that growing up in Chicago.  They hated and blamed everybody, but led honest lives, and it never occurred to them to worship a guy like Trump or Q.  

The truly frightening part of all this Trump and Q worship to me is the people that buy into it the most never actually had the American Dream.  Nothing was actually taken from them by anybody or any government.  They were going to be undereducated, underemployed, underpaid, etc. no matter what.  Their lives were always destined for mediocrity.  It's one thing if you hate somebody for what you once had, that's now gone.  That's the mark of human history.  But many of these people are especially unstable to me because they're battling invented adversaries at the behest of people who don't care about them, to get back something they never had in the first place based on a constructed mass illusion built by people they can't even see.  How in the flying fuck do you combat something like that?  

Hitler killed himself, Hirohito surrendered, Mussolini was executed.  All three peoples surrendered their arms, accepted their punishment, and rebuilt as decent societies.  I don't think that option is available to us any longer.  

I think this world we are currently living in has changed everything. I think the biggest thing to prepare your daughters for down the road is how to spot this stuff and educate them on cults. That's a bit absurd to even have to contemplate, but I believe we are all going to have to educate children that we have and even family members on how to avoid getting caught up in this in the future. 

I grew up in a small town, but I think what we are going to have to remember going forward is that we cannot afford to leave people behind anymore. For me this starts first in minority communities that have long been ignored and marginalized. We have to take care of these people. This is more my focus in life though with what I am doing as a career. However, those people who bought into Q and Trump did so (And this is just my opinion) because it sounded good and the overwhelming majority is disenfranchised white people. Imagine you're doing your union job and taking home your paycheck from a job you do because you have no other specialized talents to offer in any other sector of society. Now imagine that someone like Trump, (or the next one who actually has their act together), comes along and tells you that you're getting bilked by the system and that all these minorities are stealing your American Dream from you. You mentioned these people never lived the dream. I think that's key to this. You do not target the folks who are living the life they want to, you target the ones who feel downtrodden and are not happy with their lot in life. You tell those people a good lie and you do it by finding a targeted demographic. In most cases it's been immigrants with Trump and his cult. So you ostracize and harass this group of people and blame them for everything you have never been able to achieve and you have a guy on the TEE VEE giving you confirmation bias with every rally he holds. He calls them murderers and rapists. Now nevermind that you live in Nowhereville, Kansas and the entire town is nothing but people that look like you. These people are coming and they are going to steal your jobs!

But don't worry because there is a solution! This guy running for president has got your back! He understands your problems because he talks like you and your friends talk! He says he can get you your fair share! The buy-in to a cult starts with the belief that what you are hearing is a fact-based reality that you will be living in. It is not, but mentally you have crossed the bridge and are all aboard the Trump Express. Every immigrant you meet now is someone trying to steal from you. Every black person is part of Antifa or will kill you if you ever go into a neighborhood that is all black. You have enemies that must be squashed so that you can get your share of a dream you never knew you wanted until Trump told you it was yours to take by force if necessary! Your mind at this point has bought into the alternate reality because it sounds a heckuva lot better than being a welder until you are 70 and dying broke. This guy is going to cure all your ills because he is going to change everything!

Only he doesn't and four years later he's out of office and the promises you were made never came to fruition. He is still selling you the lies though and millions are not letting go of them because it means admitting they were duped and that they have to now look reality in the face and it isn't pretty. President Biden and the Democrats are not a cabal of pedophiles that you are trying to save America from. You are back to square one where you were before you bought into Trump in 2016 or earlier. This is where we are at as a country. We have millions of people in that position. It is an unbelievable spot to be in as a country. We can either step up to the plate and figure out how we can help or we can just write off everything and say to heck with them all. I think we have to engage how we can and when we can. Throwing money at an organization or some such is not the answer anymore. Active civic engagement is. Talk to your neighbors. If they have been in the cult listen to them. Slowly help bring them back to reality. 

Or sit on the sidelines and gripe and complain and watch the country burn just so you can say I told you so. That last sentence isn't directed at you. I just wanted to make that clear. 

Edited by UpperWestside
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BillyBadAss said:

Some good discussion here about how these people fell into it, and what to do about it. 

I think it's a confluence of Trump appealing to large groups of previously apolitical people, right-wing media's increasing demonization of the left for the last 20? years, and social media algorithms. 

You get large groups of people suddenly paying attention because they like the orange man, what news they have received or paid attention to the last X years has constantly told them the other side is basically evil, then some whackos with youtube channels peddling conspiracy theories start getting pushed at them in a feedback loop. Oh, and let's not forget Russia's social media manipulation to help kick things off.  

The good news, perhaps, is that the social media part can be fixed if Google/Facebook are willing to do so. And without the orange man hopefully people start to lose interest in politics again. 

This is exactly what caused it and how to stop it. People always had crazy conspiracy beliefs, but with social media algorithms they are able to consolidate en mass and perpetuate bullshit on an unprecedented level. 

1 hour ago, honolulu horn said:

This is exactly what caused it and how to stop it. People always had crazy conspiracy beliefs, but with social media algorithms they are able to consolidate en mass and perpetuate bullshit on an unprecedented level. 

And algorithms are designed to get you as entrenched as possible as quickly as possible. 

https://local.theonion.com/we-must-protect-the-pure-aryan-bloodline-says-child-1826868946

There have been several good articles posted on this thread; tempting to create another thread with just those articles for reference. I recall the game theory one, and bellingcat had one earlier this month.

That Q propaganda has become, to an extent, normalized by right wing agents such as Fox, or encouraged by platforms such as Gab--to control a significant part of the populace is exactly as @honolulu horn says--consolidated and reaching further to draw in new adherents. When something is normalized and gaslit, the lines get fuzzy.

Have you ever watched the videos and such of North Korean propaganda? Seems pretty lame because it isn't in your frame of reference. You are sitting and looking at it from outside with no interest as such.

It's a little like the aggies: On the outside looking in, you can't understand it. On the inside looking out, you can't explain it. But now, the aggies are trying to recruit you to the fandom, by admitting so many students you are surrounded by graduates. If you are one prospective Longhorn recruit in the midst of one hundred SEC ag fans, your voice and your choice is going to get quieter and quieter. Because dang, those fans don't shut up. Quite the similarities there.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
  • Hook 'Em 2

She's city council material at best.  She could take a page from fitlump's book.
Id hook up with her after a night in a coastal bar say Madden's in Poc or that joint in Seadrift, like a lemming enthusiastically leeping off the cliff.

But options for women with all thier teeth are rather limited down thier, and I was going through a divorce, and I felt great shame the next day, and much brown water was consumed.
Sadly her constituents wake up with that and say "fuck yeah!
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

Id hook up with her after a night in a coastal bar say Madden's in Poc or that joint in Seadrift, like a lemming enthusiastically leeping off the cliff.

But options for women with all thier teeth are rather limited down thier, and I was going through a divorce, and I felt great shame the next day, and much brown water was consumed.
Sadly her constituents wake up with that and say "fuck yeah!

All the good looking girls in Seasrift are drinking at the taqueria 

2 hours ago, C-Man said:

Anybody watching Vice TV’s three-part Q investigative report? Tonight was Part 2. Part 3 airs tomorrow. I caught the last half of tonight’s and have set the DVR to pick up the others tomorrow.

I just watched part 1 on their site (the only ep they have on there). Interdasting. 

19 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

Have they considered the possibility of a foreign actor being behind this? I haven't heard much speculation about that, but it makes sense to me. 

I don't know. Again, I've only seen the last 30 mins of the 120 that has aired. I'd never heard of Robert David Steele. He's got a few screws loose. Scary.

45 minutes ago, C-Man said:

They seem to be zeroing in on Flynn being "Q" -- or at least they're teasing the possibilty.

42 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

Have they considered the possibility of a foreign actor being behind this? I haven't heard much speculation about that, but it makes sense to me. 

slightly different format, but there's a good postcast miniseries called Q Clearance that makes a solid case that it's Jim Watkins, the owner/admin of 8chan and 8kun that is currently "Q". I'm of the opinion that the handle has changed hands several times through a silent takeover

54 minutes ago, C-Man said:

They seem to be zeroing in on Flynn being "Q" -- or at least they're teasing the possibilty.

Honest question because I haven't really followed too closely, has "Q" ever revealed anything real enough to assume that it may be an actual player with access? My assumption was if it was every truly one person it was most likely the some rando 25 year old who was the greatest internet troll in history. 

12 minutes ago, Captainant said:

slightly different format, but there's a good postcast miniseries called Q Clearance that makes a solid case that it's Jim Watkins, the owner/admin of 8chan and 8kun that is currently "Q". I'm of the opinion that the handle has changed hands several times through a silent takeover

Yeah that seems to be the dominant theory right now. The Vice documentarians were trying to track him down at the end of the first episode. 

3 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Honest question because I haven't really followed too closely, has "Q" ever revealed anything real enough to assume that it may be an actual player with access? My assumption was if it was every truly one person it was most likely the some rando 25 year old who was the greatest internet troll in history. 

Of course not. 

2 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

Yeah that seems to be the dominant theory right now. The Vice documentarians were trying to track him down at the end of the first episode. 

Based on reading things the last 6 months or so, it seemed that it was likely Jim Watkins and his son, Ron. Again, I need to go back and watch the first episode too get a better handle on it. I believe Vice is running all three tonight so you still have time to see them. The premise that it's Flynn means Q has/had a far more sinister purpose than somebody doing it for the lulz. Again, Robert David Steele (former CIA guy) is several sandwiches short of a picnic. Scary.

5 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Based on reading things the last 6 months or so, it seemed that it was likely Jim Watkins and his son, Ron. Again, I need to go back and watch the first episode too get a better handle on it. I believe Vice is running all three tonight so you still have time to see them. The premise that it's Flynn means Q has/had a far more sinister purpose than somebody doing it for the lulz. Again, Robert David Steele (former CIA guy) is several sandwiches short of a picnic. Scary.

Unfortunately youtubetv doesn't have Vice, but I'm about to watch the second one on their site though. 

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

The premise that it's Flynn means Q has/had a far more sinister purpose than somebody doing it for the lulz. Again, Robert David Steele (former CIA guy) is several sandwiches short of a picnic. Scary.

I'm going to look at our schedule and see if we have this; I'll have to watch or hunt it down if we don't. Flynn is a not nice person; if he was/is in any way involved--yeah, not that any of it's good, but your take about sinister would be spot on.

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I'm going to look at our schedule and see if we have this; I'll have to watch or hunt it down if we don't. Flynn is a not nice person; if he was/is in any way involved--yeah, not that any of it's good, but your take about sinister would be spot on.

https://video.vice.com/en_us/video/qanon-the-search-for-q/5fff1d34f16cb70d5b57dc31

On 1/26/2021 at 1:08 PM, Lobo said:

^

I agree with much of that, I'm just wondering what it is that brought them out of the woodwork.  I don't think the last four years "broke" them, they were already damaged/vulnerable as you say.  What triggered them to "become self-aware" and then aggregate into groups/camps?  Internet and conspiracy theory has been around a long, long time.  Racism and craving to belong to something bigger than yourself to make yourself seem superior and fulfilled?........that's been around for millennia.  It's the basis of a great deal of organized religion.  Why was this round so different?   

2 reasons.  For years they have been listening to talk radio tell them they are part of the master race.  Now talk radio isn't saying this out loud, but they are making it clear that white people are the best and the only reason life isn't perfect for average white person is because terrible non-white people are ruining their lives..  Then they they had to live with one of those blecks as President.  Then they had a President who said all the things they are too scared to say out loud.  Him saying those things gave them license to say them as well and wa la (sic).

On 1/26/2021 at 1:40 PM, Lobo said:

The difference is we didn't ask our enemy to kill themselves, lay down arms or repudiate their past when the Civil War ended, and in fact we encouraged them to reinstitute parts of the system that reduced black people to little more than slaves, and we are still today dealing with the ramifications of those decisions that were made way back in the 1800's.  The problem is that it's better now than it was in the 60's and so those same white people who have been lied to by talk radio (and Fox News while I'm at it), are predisposed to think that black people earning rights more approaching equality are somehow taking rights away from white people in the process.  So from their perspective, their entire way of life is being stolen from them by the brown hoards.  It's easy to see it once you understand how many people have at least partially bought into that racist nonsense.

• Hook 'Em 2