The Batshit Insane QAnon Conspiracy Theory

Hugo Stiglitz

5 hours ago, C-Man said:

They seem to be zeroing in on Flynn being "Q" -- or at least they're teasing the possibilty.

4 hours ago, Captainant said:

slightly different format, but there's a good postcast miniseries called Q Clearance that makes a solid case that it's Jim Watkins, the owner/admin of 8chan and 8kun that is currently "Q". I'm of the opinion that the handle has changed hands several times through a silent takeover

Jim Watkins and his son (who is "CodeMonkeyZ" or whatever, that was pushing out messages after Q went silent).   Jim owned the site, his son ran it.

I think the Watkins boys were more than happy that people looked at Flynn as Q, since it provided "credibility" and also took the spotlight off of them.

8 hours ago, Lurch said:

The Vice doc is getting widely panned by those who’ve been tracking it

Why? 

I just finished it. I think their thesis is pretty strong. Which is: it started as a LARP, was co-opted by grifters, and Flynn is intimately involved somehow. 

I'm inclined to believe Flynn started it or conceived of it. The smoking gun for me is the fact that in 2016, well before QAnon arose, a Luxembourg firm called OSY Technologies registers these marks shortly after hiring Flynn as an advisory board member. 

I'm very interested to see what comes out of the 1/6 investigation regarding Flynn's brother at the Pentagon denying national guard deployment when requested by Capitol Police. 

The funny thing is that trying to piece this garbage together makes me feel like a conspiracy theorist. 

“Q managed to make us feel special, that we were being given very critical information that basically was going to save all that is good in the world and the United States,” she said. “We felt we were coming from a place of moral superiority. We were part of a special club.”

Meanwhile, her family was eating takeout all the time since she had stopped cooking and her stress levels had shot up, causing her blood pressure medication to stop working. Her doctor, worried, doubled her dose.

People who tried to talk her out of the conspiracy theories by sending her factual information only made it worse.

“Facts are not facts anymore,” Ms. Perron said. “They are highly powerful, nefarious people putting out messaging to keep us as docile as sheep.”

“Trump just used us and our fear,” she said. “When you are no longer living in fear, you are no longer prone to believe this stuff. I don’t think we are anywhere near that yet.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/29/us/leaving-qanon-conspiracy.html?action=click&module=Spotlight&pgtype=Homepage

Edited by Bookman

Why? 
I just finished it. I think their thesis is pretty strong. Which is: it started as a LARP, was co-opted by grifters, and Flynn is intimately involved somehow. 
I'm inclined to believe Flynn started it or conceived of it. The smoking gun for me is the fact that in 2016, well before QAnon arose, a Luxembourg firm called OSY Technologies registers these marks shortly after hiring Flynn as an advisory board member. 
I'm very interested to see what comes out of the 1/6 investigation regarding Flynn's brother at the Pentagon denying national guard deployment when requested by Capitol Police. 
The funny thing is that trying to piece this garbage together makes me feel like a conspiracy theorist. 

1 minute ago, Lurch said:

It's certainly not the highest quality doc I've seen, but that's some pretty silly shit. How are you going to make a documentary about a web of right-wing liars and trolls without interviewing any of them?  Or make a documentary about trying to piece together the identity of an anonymous person without following unproven theories? 

And there's plenty evidence and research discussed. 

That bitch is too fucking stupid to be scared. She probably thinks she has everyone exactly where she wants them.  And to be honest, without a push from her own party, she's going to be just fine. You want to hope in one hand and have Brisket shit in the other and see which fills up first?

• Hook 'Em 1

51 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Marjorie is scared shitless.

For a Christian woman, her mind just goes straight to the gutter. Did Swalwell actually say he was having sex with this person from China? They could've been taking naps or something. She's also leaving out the part about when the security agencies alerted him, he severed all ties with this person. I have yet to see Ms. Greene sever anything other than herself from reality.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

That bitch is too fucking stupid to be scared.

Goat eyes. Executive function appears impaired. Perhaps a kettlebell accident.

Centrist-libertarian Kathleen Parker of the WaPo suggests MTGreene is the culmination of Republicans courting the unhinged:

Suddenly, the [few Republican] “good ones” are worried about their newest member, Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, a QAnon-promoting female version of Trump — only without the charm. You begin to see how this monster mutates like a certain virus into ever-more-dangerous versions of itself. Among other things, Greene embraces the conspiracy theory that the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre and the slaughter at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Fla., were staged. One struggles for words, but I’ll settle for creep.

Recently unearthed video shows Greene chasing David Hogg, the Parkland student who rose to public prominence as a gun-control activist after the shooting, goading him to respond to her insinuation that his ability to get appointments with U.S. senators when she couldn’t obviously meant he was a public relations spawn and not a survivor of a terrorist attack. 

. . . Good work, GOP. You got yourself a live one. Naturally, Greene has been assigned to the Education and Labor Committee.

Going forward, not only will House Republicans be associated with a colleague who “liked” a Twitter post calling for Nancy Pelosi’s murder. They’ll be attached to: QAnon, which promotes the extraordinary fiction that Trump was leading a war against Satan-worshiping pedophiles and cannibals, whose leadership includes Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, Oprah Winfrey, Tom Hanks and, oh, by the way, yours truly, as well as U2’s Bono.

"To those Republicans who can read: You own all of this:

• The party isn’t doomed; it’s dead.
  • The chance to move away from Trumpism toward a more respectful, civilized approach to governance that acknowledges the realities of a diverse nation and that doesn’t surrender to the clenched fist, has slipped away.
  • What comes next is anybody’s guess. But anyone who doesn’t speak out against the myths and lies of fringe groups, domestic terrorists and demagogues like Trump, deserves only defeat — and a lengthy exile in infamy."

https://www.albanyherald.com/opinion/kathleen-parker-the-gop-gets-the-death-it-had-coming/article_61f4d570-6296-11eb-8f34-cb7a9034256c.html

53 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

For a Christian woman, her mind just goes straight to the gutter. Did Swalwell actually say he was having sex with this person from China? They could've been taking naps or something. She's also leaving out the part about when the security agencies alerted him, he severed all ties with this person. I have yet to see Ms. Greene sever anything other than herself from reality.

He was not. She held some fundraising events for him. FBI told top Congress members of multiple spies trying to influence them in 2015. When Salwell became a huge critic of Trump, the Trump admin released the info in am attempt to damage him. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/12/11/what-we-know-about-rep-eric-swalwells-ties-an-alleged-chinese-spy/

As Swalwell rose in the ranks, Fang became an even bigger supporter. She helped fundraise for his 2014 campaign, Axios reports. And she suggested his office hire an intern, which it did

Axios reports that U.S. officials don’t think Fang ever got classified information as she cozied up to politicians, including from Swalwell. He is not accused of any wrongdoing. After U.S. intelligence officials briefed him in 2015 on their concerns about Fang, he cut off ties with her. Swalwell said in a statement to Axios this week that he provided information to the FBI about her and that he hasn’t interacted with her in six years. Fang has left the country.

We also know that top members of Congress from both parties got briefed by intelligence officials in 2015 about suspected Chinese spies trying to infiltrate Congress.

Axios reports that Fang even engaged in romantic or sexual relationships with two Midwestern mayors. (Axios did not name these officials and made no such allegations about other politicians it tied to Fang.)

Insurrectionist Truther Doesn’t Believe He Was At Capitol

soljglyqquthoplqe1oj.jpg

ROSE CITY, MI—Dismissing the accusations as nothing more than the baseless attempts of a deep-state conspiracy to attack former President Trump’s supporters, insurrectionist truther Thomas Keleher declared Monday that he doesn’t believe he was present at the Capitol riot. “Look, anybody could’ve taken selfies of me storming the Capitol and posted them to my Facebook page to make it look like I was there—it’s fake news,” said Keleher, telling law enforcement who arrested him that the 73-minute video on his phone depicting him punching out a Capitol window and later rifling through papers on Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi’s desk was clearly a deep-fake and nothing he ever would have actually done. “You’re telling me I drove 700 miles to Washington, stayed with three other Trump supporters I know in a hotel room at the Marriott, stormed the Capitol, and then bragged about it, just like the Parler and Discord screen names I use showed that I did? How naive do you think I am? And I guarantee you that the recollections I do have of storming the Capitol are because Bill Gates used one of his 5G satellites to pump fake memories into my brain.” Keleher also reportedly told investigators that if he had been at the Capitol, he would have assuredly been there as part of some false-flag operation, in which case there was no question in his mind that he was secretly an FBI operative.

• Haha 6

7 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

Goat eyes. Executive function appears impaired. Perhaps a kettlebell accident.

Centrist-libertarian Kathleen Parker of the WaPo suggests MTGreene is the culmination of Republicans courting the unhinged:

"To those Republicans who can read: You own all of this:

• The party isn’t doomed; it’s dead.

My son, a 23-year-old army vet, put it pretty well a week or two ago: "The Republican Party is going supernova."

Collapsing into a Black Hole. 

10 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

Had to click the link to verify it was the onion, because that’s where the GOP is today....

Yeah, at times people will post some Onion headline and joke that it could be try in this day and age but it's just a lame attempt at humor/political baiting.  But that paragraph probably happened in real life and while satirically pithy...I didn't crack a smile once through it because it may as well be happening right now.  You can't even laugh at them at this point, I just laugh at how stupid we all were for allowing this.  

Narrator, "Tonight on a very special episode of 'The Q'...we learn who Kayleigh's real parents are as she struggles to find her professional way through a post-Qanon world.  Some will rise.  Some will fall.  The rest of us must wait to see how the game turns out, Tonight at 9, watch the new episode titled 'Chutes and Ladders.'  Critics are calling it the most incredible hour of television for the next two weeks.  Only on OAN."  

Edited by Lobo

18 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I still just don't get this.  Even if you're depressed and sucked into the internet world, where is your rational thought process?  There is no critical thinking here at all.

She admitted to being of a mindset that preferred 'being told what to do,' but she had enough awareness (afterward) to use the word 'algorithm,' and to realize later that she was targeted. So while she said she was not embarrassed about being sucked in, she had a little more intellect than some of the followers and I think she was a little embarrassed because she knew she had been intellectually lazy.

Interesting they didn't have her husband/boyfriend speak in that clip or in the article on their site.

16 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I still just don't get this.  Even if you're depressed and sucked into the internet world, where is your rational thought process?  There is no critical thinking here at all.

Yeah, I can see the jumping from one stone to the other because it kinda feels like a mini-rush to go down this path that only a select few even know exists.  But after a few steps, most people would pause and say, "That doesn't make sense at all, let me research that on my own and come back/not come back."  All humans are designed with critical thinking and higher reasoning.  Most people can even turn it off to play with their kids, enjoy a movie, or join an improv troupe.  But just as that's the case, there are some that can't engage their critical thinking skills when they need them most.  There are instances in all of our lives where our cognitive awareness can't engage the critical thinking fast enough/consciously enough.  This explains everything from impulse buys to substance abuse.  It happens to all of us multiple times a day, the inertia of our lives just allows us to gloss over something that needed contemplative thinking.  The Qanon crowd, I think, suffers from the opposite.  Whereas most humans have a default or reason/critique and have to engage (passive or actively) the skipper over of critical thinking...their default is that it is turned off and they have to actively engage it (likely only at work).  

Several folks discussed this upthread...what makes this movement so different?  Preying on people looking for answers, that have led broken lives?  That's called organized religion and drugs.  Society has been there, done that, and got the t-shirt.  People looking to validate their intolerant beliefs, feel part of a special group fighting for what's right, and have a little fun along the way with conspiracy theories?  Social media, internet chat rooms, fax machine chains, HAM radio operators, back to secret conversations via telegraph.  

This one is wildly different for some reason.