Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

See here's the thing, [mention=766]Incredulity[/mention], life isn't as simple as "two consenting adults". There are lots of situations where a person can be taking advantage of another, despite them both being consenting adults.
For example, knowing your content, your ethics, and your general personality, there's a pretty good chance that you beat on your wife. Does that make the situation right? Of course not. "TWO CONSENTING ADULTS" doesn't fit in that situation. I realize that stupid people need to boil everything down to its most simplistic form, but life is more complicated than that. 

Yeah, you might not see eye to eye with him but this was way out of line.

8 minutes ago, Hate said:

Yeah, you might not see eye to eye with him but this was way out of line.

Eh. I honestly don't care if you or aggie08 thinks it was out of line. Incredulity has a history of following me around and making political snipes, and this was just another one. If he wants to drag my family into political debates, then I'm happy to do the same. Fire with fire. If he doesn't like it or if it hurts his feelings, then he is more than capable of putting me on ignore.

I'm obviously not actually accusing him of beating his wife. But my point was made and I'm fine with how it landed.

Edited by BradInATX

59 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Eh. I honestly don't care if you or aggie08 thinks it was out of line. Incredulity has a history of following me around and making political snipes, and this was just another one. If he wants to drag my family into political debates, then I'm happy to do the same. Fire with fire. If he doesn't like it or if it hurts his feelings, then he is more than capable of putting me on ignore.

I'm obviously not actually accusing him of beating his wife. But my point was made and I'm fine with how it landed.

weren't you the one that drug your family into the discussion?

On 9/11/2020 at 2:07 PM, BradInATX said:

Wife and I are the same. We've been to eat maybe 4 times in the last couple of months, all outdoors. Nothing inside. 

Hair wise I'm just a 2 guard faded up to a 5, so I've just been doing a pure 5 guard all around. My wife has been doing my son's hair, which I won't comment on. But he's 2, so it doesn't make a shit.

Repped a bunch of posts on the last page because we all managed to go like 30 posts of good information exchange without politics or bullshit. Pissed off that Trey beat me to the eating out joke though.

1 hour ago, BradInATX said:

Good lord you're a fucking simpleton idiot. I wonder if ever in your life you've seen an issue in anything but black or white.

See here's the thing, @Incredulity, life isn't as simple as "two consenting adults". There are lots of situations where a person can be taking advantage of another, despite them both being consenting adults.

For example, knowing your content, your ethics, and your general personality, there's a pretty good chance that you beat on your wife. Does that make the situation right? Of course not. "TWO CONSENTING ADULTS" doesn't fit in that situation. I realize that stupid people need to boil everything down to its most simplistic form, but life is more complicated than that. 

Solid.

23 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

weren't you the one that drug your family into the discussion?

I did. And that's fair. But Incredulity threw passive aggressive shade my way via my post about my family.

Being passive aggressive then recoiling and playing victim when hit back is one of the biggest bitch moves a person can do. Deal with it. Or don't. I don't give a shit.

Edited by BradInATX

10 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I remember when this thread was a place I could get information on the goings on of the virus in areas, that could be helpful in adjusting my behaviors based on up to date ideas. 

Still is.

Wear a mask.  Don't go inside to bars or restaurants that rely on recirculated air or put you in close proximity to people not wearing masks for > 15 minutes.

You can send me your $9.95, I'll accept cash or Venmo.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

I did. And that's fair. But Incredulity threw passive aggressive shade my way via my post about my family.

Being passive aggressive then recoiling and playing victim when hit back is one of the biggest bitch moves a person can do. Deal with it. Or don't. I don't give a shit.

There was nothing passive aggressive about my comment.   It was completely face value.

You showed your ass.  

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

There was nothing passive aggressive about my comment

Of course there was. Own your actions and stop being a pussy.

I didn't show anything. Everyone here already knows I'm an asshole and everyone here already knows that I don't give a shit if that's my reputation. But that's because I'm not the type that tries to troll and passively aggressively snipe at people and then recede back into playing the victim card when called on it. I know what I am and I'm just fine with it.

Don't start shit won't be shit. Don't come knocking on my door if you aren't ready for what's behind it.

Edited by BradInATX

22 hours ago, BradInATX said:

For example, knowing your content, your ethics, and your general personality, there's a pretty good chance that you beat on your wife. 

Ya know, making that kind of comment to somebody is so fucking beyond the pale of what's acceptable. If I was inclined I'd report that shit. You might wanna seriously think about apologizing for such a fucked up thing to say about something that IS a very serious issue, and no you weren't being funny, snarky or sarcastic.  So don't try to walk that shit back.

Jesus man, have some fucking perspective, and basic manners.  It's not that much to ask.

Edited by Onboard 2.0

4 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Ya know, making that kind of comment to somebody is so fucking beyond the pale of what's acceptable. If I was inclined I'd report that shit. You might wanna seriously think about apologizing for such a fucked up thing to say about something that IS a very serious issue, and no you weren't being funny, snarky or sarcastic.  So don't try to walk that shit back.

Jesus man, have some fucking perspective, and basic manners.  It's not that much to ask.

Shut the fuck up, Onboard. It's so perfectly you to try to score cheap points off of fake indignation. You know where the ignore button is.  Deal with it.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

20 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Shut the fuck up, Onboard. It's so perfectly you to try to score cheap points off of fake indignation. You know where the ignore button is.  Deal with it.

Yeah, that's about what I'd expect from you.  There are no points to be scored here, this isn't a competition, and I'm not the only one who called you out for that BS comment I believe.  

Love it, you're doubling down on not recognizing how fucked up your comment was.  This place is supposed to be for entertainment, your over the top personal attack has no place here.

6 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Yeah, that's about what I'd expect from you.  There are no points to be scored here, this isn't a competition, and I'm not the only one who called you out for that BS comment I believe.  

Love it, you're doubling down on not recognizing how fucked up your comment was.  This place is supposed to be for entertainment, your over the top personal attack has no place here.

Mmkay. Thing is, most everyone here recognized it for what it was, which is a device to make a point, not an actual accusation of the guy beating his wife. There are only two reasons that someone wouldn't recognize that. Either they're too stupid, or too disingenuous. With you, it's always hard to tell which one it is at any given moment. 

Either way, I'm moving on. You're free to ignore me, report it, neg it, do whatever makes you happy. Doesn't make a shit to me.

Edited by BradInATX

On 9/11/2020 at 4:27 PM, BradInATX said:
On 9/11/2020 at 2:50 PM, DaysOff said:
I just realized this week we haven't been inside a restaurant since Paris the second week of March. Lots of takeout from local shops and I tip the same as indoor dining and they all seem to be surviving. It'll probably be a year or more between indoor dining trips. Sad.

Read more  

The last restaurant my wife and I ate in at was the burger joint in great wolf lodge so you can take Paris and blow it out your ass

Jesus. Covid doesn’t have shit on whatever you exposed yourself to there

Mmkay. Thing is, most everyone here recognized it for what it was, which is a device to make a point, not an actual accusation of the guy beating his wife. There are only two reasons that someone wouldn't recognize that. Either they're too stupid, or too disingenuous. With you, it's always hard to tell which one it is at any given moment. 

Either way, I'm moving on. You're free to ignore me, report it, neg it, do whatever makes you happy. Doesn't make a shit to me.

Ahh, so we'll add lying to your list of issues.

• Hook 'Em 1

I occasionally eat inside at restaurants.  You wouldnt believe how many assholes are out there doing the same or worse in bars.

Kirby Fucking Icehouse is back open.  And somehow the numbers aren't spiking this time.  I don't know if I have a point.

• Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

That's bad ass. Does anyone know if safety trials for treatments look the same as those for vaccines? Or can treatments be put on a faster track than a vaccine, given that only infected would receive it?

I couldn’t discern from reading whether it is a new antibody or not, and if not whether it has already undergone some safety trials in the past and could skip to human efficacy. 

Just now, PittsburghTiger said:

I watched the press conference this afternoon and they said they hoped to be in human trials at the beginning of 2021.

yeesh.....was hoping for sooner......all of this shit is "sometime in 2021."  I know, patience grasshopper.  But I'm out of fucking patience.  I'm an American.  I want it now.

Yeah, sounds like their data are from animal models...which is great to have a signal, but a far ways off from translating to wide spread use in humans. Seems like we should have vaccines prior to this stuff making it's way through the process...but on the chance that the vaccines fail or are ineffective at eradicating the virus, seems like advancing the therapeutic options makes a lot of sense. Also perhaps a head start for the next coronavirus pandemic.  

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

Yeah, sounds like their data are from animal models...which is great to have a signal, but a far ways off from translating to wide spread use in humans. Seems like we should have vaccines prior to this stuff making it's way through the process...but on the chance that the vaccines fail or are ineffective at eradicating the virus, seems like advancing the therapeutic options makes a lot of sense. Also perhaps a head start for the next coronavirus pandemic.  

The doctors today said that they did something to the lungs of the mice that made it sort of like a human lung, I know, that sounds nuts, but that is what they said. I reckon it was genetic material of sorts. So they were very optimistic. They were asked a question about that specifically.

They also mentioned that this advancement will help in the fight against the next coronas and other things.

Here below is the replay of the news conference. It is 42-minutes long.

https://www.upmc.com/coronavirus

Edited by PittsburghTiger
  • Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

The doctors today said that they did something to the lungs of the mice that made it sort of like a human lung, I know, that sounds nuts, but that is what they said. I reckon it was genetic material of sorts. So they were very optimistic. They were asked a question about that specifically.

They also mentioned that this advancement will help in the fight against the next coronas and other things.

Here below is the replay of the news conference. It is 42-minutes long.

https://www.upmc.com/coronavirus

November 2020 - Mutant Mice begin takeover of East Coast.

11 minutes ago, Hate said:

Well, yeah now that the Chinese know how successful it can be.

2020 as a natural proof of concept exercise for global biological warfare would be pretty on point. The gain of function testing should focus on increasing the R value and improving the lethality with some delayed onset.  

Are there still people that think China sent this virus to us with bad intentions?  Not accidentally or through other nations that traveled here?  I still hear quotes that remind me that many, some in power, feel this was a tacit act of warfare.  

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away