CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

12 minutes ago, Nivek said:

No one travels to shithole red states.

Is Texas the only solid red state that anyone wants to travel to? There are purple ones like Florida and Colorado that are great to travel to but I can't think of another solid red one worth a shit tourist wise to anyone except podunk rednecks. 

Edited by Wanker Bob

You guys serious? The most geographically beautiful state without ocean coasts is hands down---Utah.  And it's deep, deep red.  And I love visiting there.  As do millions of tourists.  Same could be said for Wyoming, Idaho, and Montana.  The Ozarks are deep red and gorgeous, as are parts of the Smoky Mountains in Red Tennessee and Purple North Carolina (stretch from Asheville to Chattanooga in particular).  And the coastal area from Charleston to Savannah.    Lots of great places to drink and camp and hike in Kentucky, same for South Dakota.  The northwoods of Wisconsin/Michigan are my favorite places to fish and canoe in the whole continent.    
Now you can definitely keep on the shitlist places like Nebraska, Oklahoma, Kansas, Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, Ohio, Indiana, et. al. Problem is Trump voters look at places like Orlando or Biloxi and think, 'ROAD TRIP!'  

Edited by Lobo

4 minutes ago, Lobo said:

You guys serious? The most geographically beautiful state without ocean coasts is hands down---Utah.  And it's deep, deep red.  And I love visiting there.  As do millions of tourists.  Same could be said for Wyoming, Idaho, and Montana.  The Ozarks are deep red and gorgeous, as are parts of the Smoky Mountains in Red Tennessee and Purple North Carolina (stretch from Asheville to Chattanooga in particular).  And the coastal area from Charleston to Savannah.    Lots of great places to drink and camp and hike in Kentucky, same for South Dakota.  The northwoods of Wisconsin/Michigan are my favorite places to fish and canoe in the whole continent.    
Now you can definitely keep on the shitlist places like Nebraska, Oklahoma, Kansas, Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, Ohio, Indiana, et. al. Problem is Trump voters look at places like Orlando or Biloxi and think, 'ROAD TRIP!'  

Utah is nice.

The ugliest place I’ve ever been is Bryan/College Station. Even worse than Lubbock, which stunk when I was there. The entire state of Florida is pretty bad too, 

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Notice that ALL of the nice things about the Red States have EXACTLY NOTHING to do with the people in them.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Good observation.  But then, I don't think anybody takes vacations to places based on the kind of people there, do they?  I guess I've never stopped to think about it, but my travel plans have never been based, even remotely on the kind of people I'd encounter once I got there.  Except Columbus, Ohio.  Never going back there, ever again.  For any reason because of the people.  But yeah, Trumpers probably plan their vacations around avoiding brown people and being around other ignorant assholes.  I mean, I guess we've taken into account man-made attractions like restaurants or museums, but never the actual people inside those places.  It's usually outdoor attractions/weather.  I can't imagine spending money to travel so you go be around other people like you (not directed at anyone on here, just in general).  

You spelled “Arizona” incorrectly.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Because I don't think it's a red state anymore.  Not in 2020, and maybe never again.  That's it for the Grand Canyon State.  And it's overrated to visit.  Been there a half dozen times as an adult and never really been sold on it.  

52 minutes ago, Lobo said:

That's all outdoorsy redneck shit. I'm not into that. But you do have a point those are popular with outdoors oriented tourists that I was not thinking much about. 

So red states are good for people who want to travel and not be around other people. 

2 minutes ago, Veerbone said:

You liberals should pace yourself.. you’re gonna bleed out well before November.

Fuck off, troll.  We're the ones sharpening the blades to actually use them, unlike every pathetic fatass MAGA poser, wearing $500 in "tactical" gear he stores in his mom's basement.  Y'all talk and display.  The rest of us are actually doing.  

You liberals should pace yourself.. you’re gonna bleed out well before November.

You offering?

We kicked your ass in syria when you had a 20x advantage and we will kick your ass again.
Average russian is the product of a German and a whore.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Stahp. 

Trump will force a vaccine through before the election even though a majority of his idiotic base won’t take it because they are Q anti vaxxer morons.

Nobody will take it because it hasn’t been vetted yet and because trump is a liar so this will have the effect of making real vaccine much more hard to sell to the public because of trump and his complete idiocy.

If you wrote a comic book with trump as the villain nobody would buy it because it wouldn’t be believable. The day he dies should become an official national holiday and the new Election Day. 

Edited by JimmyJames
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I'd like to think that ethical people are still out there, people that aren't swayed by money over ethics, people that understand lives hang in the balance and that trust is powerful and sacred and should not be abused but...who am I kidding? Trump wants it, it comes down to who is telling him no. I mean we've got people pushing oleander extract wherein the cure could be worse than the disease. If Jared sources a vaccine when he's not selling planes in the Middle East, planning the Republican convention, and reading the Oxford English Dictionary in Russian, then let's hope that what JimmyJames is saying never comes to fruition.

42 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:

I don't expect to get vaccinated until April at the earliest.  1Q 2021 vaxxing will be healthcare workers, elderly, and other more vulnerable populations.

Do you see any possible path for a 4Q2020 limited authorization for high risk individuals based on interim results? 

I tend to agree that we are looking at 2Q2021 through end of year for more general roll out. 

Just now, Anastasis said:

Do you see any possible path for a 4Q2020 limited authorization for high risk individuals based on interim results? 

I tend to agree that we are looking at 2Q2021 through end of year for more general roll out. 

I think it's possible, but highly unlikely.  Like a 5% chance.  There will be safety issues, but a global vaccine program might be a complete flop if you start seeing 100 or more deaths per million dosed due to a vaccine upon initiating the program. Word will leak out and scare the shit out of people.

Using whichever vaccines are deployed and administered - it will be probably 2 or 3 initially used in different parts of the world.  Just a guess.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, Wanker Bob said:

Is Texas the only solid red state that anyone wants to travel to? There are purple ones like Florida and Colorado that are great to travel to but I can't think of another solid red one worth a shit tourist wise to anyone except podunk rednecks. 

I’d have a house in New Orleans and live there at least 3 months a year if I could. So yeah, definitely add Louisiana to the list. 

I’m awake at 4:30 AM because I got up yesterday at 5:00 to drive to another funeral for a friend who died of Covid.

Got home yesterday evening at 9:00 and promptly passed out and I just woke up.

Healthy male in his late 40s that leaves behind a wife and two high school kids and one kid in college.

He was a CRNA and best they can tell he contracted it at work.

God, I’m just so TIRED. That’s two very close friends of mine who have succumbed to this.

2020 can fuck all the way off and eat all the dicks.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

I’m awake at 4:30 AM because I got up yesterday at 5:00 to drive to another funeral for a friend who died of Covid.

Got home yesterday evening at 9:00 and promptly passed out and I just woke up.

Healthy male in his late 40s that leaves behind a wife and two high school kids and one kid in college.

He was a CRNA and best they can tell he contracted it at work.

God, I’m just so TIRED. That’s two very close friends of mine who have succumbed to this.

2020 can fuck all the way off and eat all the dicks.

Wow. So sorry.