CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

54 minutes ago, Homercles said:

Poster this in the DT threads so maybe as well do it here too…Family Emergency Room, same ‘system’ I used to sign up for Moderna 1+2 at the Kelly Reeves stadium, is offering both Moderna and Pfizer boosters, no questions asked…at least up here in Cedar Park just east of 1431/Parmer.  Got mine this morning, about 6m after my second dose  

Drive thru, barely a line.  I never received a confirmation email but got it done at 0930 today:

https://portal.gorev.com/preregister.aspx?s=JoVdzXWbZQ2gQxn7b2zAUg%3d%3d&f=9LZqFYfNjGnUWxG4cOtfXw%3d%3d&l=NNwEBfPJTAkRyf2X4Dd38Q%3d%3d

Did you provide them your original CDC card?

3 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Did you provide them your original CDC card?

Might not matter in a week or so.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/biden-administration-plans-covid-19-vaccine-boosters-at-six-months-instead-of-eight-11629919356

Federal regulators are likely to approve a third Covid-19 shot for vaccinated adults starting at least six months after the second dose rather than the eight-month gap they previously announced, a person familiar with the plans said, as the Biden administration steps up preparations for delivering boosters to the public.

Data from vaccine manufacturers and other countries under review by the Food and Drug Administration is based on boosters being given at six months, the person said. The person said approval for boosters for all three Covid-19 shots being administered in the U.S.—those manufactured by Pfizer Inc. and partner BioNTech SE, Moderna Inc. and Johnson & Johnson —is expected in mid-September.

Edited by DDD Dad

5 minutes ago, C-Man said:

All iced tea needs is a fresh lemon wedge.

Agreed. Or, lime. OTOH, there’s a recipe for a bourbon and tea cocktail that has lots of mint and some fruit juice, and imma try it. Is attributed to gator fans, so sec me.

1 hour ago, Bookman said:

Yes, just because someone is carrying around a Bible doesn't make them a Christian.

image.png.9ddf9fc68d1c249746073f692fd83843.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Here's how I would write it -- a Pfizer vaccine is REQUIRED.  However, we will waive that requirement and accept substitutes with proof -- Moderna and J&J.

This is exactly how the military is doing it - they will give you (force you) to get Pfizer if you aren't already vaccinated, but you can get one of the others and provide proof from another source.

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

I'm at 26 weeks, and thinking about just moving forward with the booster. 

I'll be at six months from my second shot next Friday.  Hoping they update the guidance and allow authorized boosters by then (or at least by the end of September).  I'm gonna wait until I can do it properly.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, DDD Dad said:

Not dissimilar in my view of those who insist on wearing American flag lapel pins to pronounce their patriotism.

Or those that wear the band shirt of the band that is playing the show that they are attending.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

Waco Mayor held a PC today. Said hospitals are on the brink of collapse and morgue are overflowing. 

So we've got that going for us which is nice.  

12 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Good lord, when politicians in Waco are admitting, "Yeah, something's messed up...we should behave different."....you know we're fucked. 

Did he end the pc by asking everyone to pray extra hard and more often for a while?

• Haha 1

Per this covidestim link that I think someone here posted a few days ago, it seems like San Antonio and Corpus are on a nice decline (with surprisingly low R numbers) and Austin seems to have peaked within the last few days.

Dallas, Houston, and Waco are still on the incline in cases, but the R numbers are falling.

Fort Worth seems to be in the worst shape, as it's the only big city with R increasing.

• Fuck You 1

20 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

Waco Mayor held a PC today. Said hospitals are on the brink of collapse and morgue are overflowing. 

So we've got that going for us which is nice.  

They need to start using churches for overflow for both.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Welch said:

Per this covidestim link that I think someone here posted a few days ago, it seems like San Antonio and Corpus are on a nice decline (with surprisingly low R numbers) and Austin seems to have peaked within the last few days.

Dallas, Houston, and Waco are still on the incline in cases, but the R numbers are falling.

Fort Worth seems to be in the worst shape, as it's the only big city with R increasing.

Lol at NE. It looks like vidpocalypse there. perhaps they should have chosen a different color for no data

14 minutes ago, Welch said:

As of late last week Corpus was definitely not declining. Last week’s report was “new cases skyrocketing and hospitalizations skyrocketing.” R# was 1.25

New report comes out today so hopefully it’s better news.

Edited by justhookit
Corrected R

26 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I just checked my vaxx card. Got Pfizer #2 on 3/16 so I'm looking at 9/16 to 11/16 depending on whether we're going six or eight months.

Yeah, 3/20 here. I'm happy with late September given some business travel I'm hoping to accomplish.

I guess I'll base where in the 6 to 8 month range I get a booster from what my antibodies read out (went first time today, there's two more rounds to the study).  

But like many of y'all, my second shot was late March.  So my 6-8 month range falls right over when we usually get our flu shots.  Now I'm much more likely to give my kids the flu than Covid.  But where do you science-folks suggest I place my flu vaccine within my booster shot season?  I'm thinking it won't hurt to space them out 30 days for shits 'n giggles.  So maybe Covid booster in late September and Flu in late October?  Or flu in early October and then booster in early November?  

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I guess I'll base where in the 6 to 8 month range I get a booster from what my antibodies read out (went first time today, there's two more rounds to the study).  

But like many of y'all, my second shot was late March.  So my 6-8 month range falls right over when we usually get our flu shots.  Now I'm much more likely to give my kids the flu than Covid.  But where do you science-folks suggest I place my flu vaccine within my booster shot season?  I'm thinking it won't hurt to space them out 30 days for shits 'n giggles.  So maybe Covid booster in late September and Flu in late October?  Or flu in early October and then booster in early November?  

I say fuck it. Get them all at once and really teach your immune system how to kick ass and take names. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Wasn't Pfizer or Moderna trying to come up with a combo shot that includes COVID, flu and RSV all in one?

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, C-Man said:

Wasn't Pfizer or Moderna trying to come up with a combo shot that includes COVID, flu and RSV all in one?

Yeah, it's called a speedball but you gotta take it with a glass of vodka and two lines of blow.  First 10 minutes sucks, but it's fucking amazing after that.

9 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I say fuck it. Get them all at once and really teach your immune system how to kick ass and take names. 

Before my first business trip to India, which lasted almost two months, they sent me to St David’s to get 5 shots…3 in one arm, 2 in the other (this was 2006, well before covid and the third arm the mRNA shots gave me).  

I rode my motorcycle there.  (To St David’s, smart ass Lobo)

I was 25 and not very bright.  

I had the first three in my right (throttle/front brake) arm.  

If you saw a guy riding south on Mopac back then goosing the throttle, then pulling in the clutch while wildly shaking his right arm, over and over again…that was me.  

Edited by Homercles
Lobo made a funny
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

15 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Lol at NE. It looks like vidpocalypse there. perhaps they should have chosen a different color for no data

Yep.  Color scheme takes a while to get used to.

And while we're on the subject of NE, check out those Sturgis numbers in western South Dakota.  Off the charts.

10 minutes ago, justhookit said:

As of late last week Corpus was definitely not declining. Last week’s report was “new cases skyrocketing and hospitalizations skyrocketing.” R# was 1.25

New report comes out today so hopefully it’s better news.

Don't get me wrong, it's still high.  Crazy high.  Over 370 infections per 100k even now.  (Austin is at 161 per 100k, for comparison).

But the trend is hopeful.  It was 488/100k on Aug. 13.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Homercles said:

Before my first business trip to India, which lasted almost two months, they sent me to St David’s to get 5 shots…3 in one arm, 2 in the other (this was 2006, well before covid and the third arm the mRNA shots gave me).  

I rode my motorcycle there.  

You may have been 25 and not very bright, but I am genuinely impressed that you rode your motorcycle to India.  

Bahut Badhiya!

6 minutes ago, Homercles said:

I rode my motorcycle there.  (To St David’s, smart ass Lobo)

I was 25 and not very bright.  

I had the first three in my right (throttle/front brake) arm.  

If you saw a guy riding south on Mopac back then goosing the throttle, then pulling in the clutch while wildly shaking his right arm, over and over again…that was me.  

Ha, before my trip to India in 2019, I also got 4 vaccines in one go.  Nurse was like "meh, might as well do them all now and your flu shot" - 2 in one arm, 2 in the other.  Got on a plane to Denver that night, felt like I got hit by 5 trucks in rapid succession. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Lobo said:

You may have been 25 and not very bright, but I am genuinely impressed that you rode your motorcycle to India.  

Bahut Badhiya!

Not gonna lie. i've been reading your posts for years and just realized today that your username is not Loco, which seems more fitting. Carry on.

'Cause I'm Crazy like the Wolf? 

I'm really looking forward to Duran Duran at ACL this year.  

UT Athletics should take a cue from C3 Presents.  Governor Abbott called up two of the Charlies and said, "The state of Texas really needs you to produce ACL Music Festival this year without any restrictions.  Let us know how we can help."  So my buddy got stoned to the bejeezus with Charlie and their inside counsel and just decided that people are used to reading ACL press releases from the headliner on down to the fine print and stopping somewhere halfway.  So everything your'e seeing from C3 Presents says, "You must bring a negative test result from within 72 hours of each day's entry time in headliner font.  

And then way below that where you'd see the 3:00p act for the BMI stage, it says, "Or proof of vaccination if you do not have a negative test result to show."   They've gotten zero blowback from anyone so far.  

Longhorns should do the same thing.  

10 minutes ago, Welch said:

Don't get me wrong, it's still high.  Crazy high.  Over 370 infections per 100k even now.  (Austin is at 161 per 100k, for comparison).

I don’t know where they are getting their data for their model then. Avg new cases per day has increased since Aug. 13th. I’m just going off what the county is reporting every day. https://www.caller.com/story/news/local/2021/08/02/nueces-county-covid-tracker-daily-updates-cases-deaths-hospitals/5462565001/

17 minutes ago, Welch said:

Yep.  Color scheme takes a while to get used to.

And while we're on the subject of NE, check out those Sturgis numbers in western South Dakota.  Off the charts.

I remember before Delta took off like an out-of-control freight train hearing that Delta was so contagious that the hope was that it would burn through and then run out of hosts in a shorter period of time than OG COVID-19. The idea being that the incubation/contagious phase was much shorter and people would get sick quicker and therefore not expose as many people were before. Whether that's true or not remains to be seen. Seems like there's still a smorgasbord of dumbass Southerners who are ripe for the plucking still. And the GQP governors are not doing anything to help the situaton.

Edited by C-Man

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Actually, conspicuously carrying a bible or some other highly visible totem more likely indicates that they are NOT a Christian*.

* "Christian" defined as "someone who follows the teachings of Christ," not "someone who claims the label."

I never purchase goods or services from any company with the fish symbol in their advertising. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Homercles said:

His Indian name is Lobo Longpost

Your mother said the translation was Lobo Longpole.  Helluva good cook though.  

4 minutes ago, Horndog said:

I never purchase goods or services from any company with the fish symbol in their advertising. 

Do you even Long John Silvers bro?  

8 minutes ago, Horndog said:

Easiest and smartest business decision you can ever make.  Fish symbol, "XYZ Plumbing is a Christian-owned business," any variation of that shit.....run away as fast as you can.  The comic strip captured it pretty accurately:

ve77aoko51331.jpg

• Hook 'Em 4