Ex Cop and son kill unarmed black man jogging

purplepride95

7 minutes ago, Burnt Orange in OC said:

You say "pointing a gun at him for no reason." But Arbery is on video as having just committed a crime.
You say he has the right to fight for the gun. That would be self-defense. Why doesn't the fellow at whom he's pointing the gun then have the same right to self-defense? 

The whole thing's a cluster... I'm mainly just making the point that the media has done a very poor job of explaining that Arbery had a gun when he was shot. I would venture to say 98% of the American public is unaware of that not so minor detail.  

So, what if he did have a gun?  He should be using it to protect himself against the three guys who tried to run him over with a truck.

But if he "had a gun," he took it away from Hillbilly Boy, which had every right to do in defense of himself.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Burnt Orange in OC said:

You say "pointing a gun at him for no reason." But Arbery is on video as having just committed a crime.
You say he has the right to fight for the gun. That would be self-defense. Why doesn't the fellow at whom he's pointing the gun then have the same right to self-defense? 

The whole thing's a cluster... I'm mainly just making the point that the media has done a very poor job of explaining that Arbery had a gun when he was shot. I would venture to say 98% of the American public is unaware of that not so minor detail.  

You know we’ve seen the video you fucking liar.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 5

14 minutes ago, Burnt Orange in OC said:

wat?

I found a transcript from NPR, here's the relevant quote:
"He had my gun. He struck me," McMichael said, choking up as he described the shooting. "It was obvious that he was attacking me, that if he would've got the shotgun from me, then it was a life or death situation. And I'm gonna have to stop him from doing this, so I shot."
So it sounds like Arbery tried to take the gun from the men who were trying to lynch him.
Starting a confrontation does not justify your own self defense once you get scared. 
Edit: and nowhere did he say Arbery pointed a gun at him. Stop lying.

Fuck McMichael. How does he have your gun, but you shot him with your gun?

I wish Arbery would have had a gun. We would have seen how brave this bitch was then.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

So Arbery had a gun ? The gun he wrestled away from a guy who was in all probability going to execute him with that very gun for: being black in a residential construction zone, in Georgia ?

Sounds like his own self defense was foremost in his mind. 

Those fucks should be convicted, and on their way to prison.

Edited by Onboard 2.0
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

Arbery never would have had a gun if mcmichael didnt go full on cop. They went and approached him locked and loaded. At the very minimum manslaughter. Dont think it was capital murder. But at thier age neither should ever be set free.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, Harrison Bergeron said:

This is probably terrible legal theory - and yes I realize it does not matter because the victim is dead - but it seems like Arbery would have a self-defense claim. Three random guys come at you with a gun, and reasonable person would fear for his life. The jury should take five minutes to convict.

More accurately, this is a clear case of provocation by the McMichaels.  Whatever  "aggressive" actions of Arbery McMichael defended himself against were entirely provoked by McMichael.

In contrast to Rittenhouse, the McMichaels were driving around armed like vigilantes, and also took aggressive action against an individual.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Burnt Orange in OC said:

Probably because he didn't.

You are way off on the facts on many levels.

• Like 1

On 11/16/2021 at 4:31 PM, OneOfTheOutOfFocusGuys said:

This one does feel about facts. The Rittenhouse was much more clearly tied in with politics and culture war and everything else that people could write their own prejudices into.  This one is just some assholes chased down and shot a kid. They fry fry fry and I don’t think a jury of Goebbels, Jesse Helms, Calvin Candie, and your 9 favorite Vidor residents would let them off. 

I can only pick 9?  

54 minutes ago, MadBurgerMaker said:

Yeah better roll up on him with some guns and try to grab him for going into a construction site. 

But what does the law say? 

Is the trial taking place in a court of law or in a court of what the people want regardless of what the law says? (n.b. Someone here previously noted that Georgia has changed the law that was on the books at the time regarding citizen's arrest and confronting individuals suspected of violating the law.)

Because it's a slippery slope back to a world we don't want to live in if we're going to ignore the law and just go with feelings.

Edited by Burnt Orange in OC
  • Fuck You 21

4 hours ago, Burnt Orange in OC said:

The courtroom testimony of the man who said Ahmad Arberry was pointing a gun at him.

"He had my gun."

Oh you're really not gonna like what happens next to his gun, mate.  

You are certainly one of the more interesting computer generated bot posters on here.  

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Oh you're really not gonna like what happens next to his gun, mate.  

You are certainly one of the more interesting computer generated bot posters on here.  

I couldn't care less what happens to the defendant, so long as the judge and jury act in accordance with the law.

Unfortunately, the law is of little consequence to most Americans these days, as we begin to succumb to mob rule and what we "believe" to be right based on the pronouncements of a very unreliable media and those voices that effectively "seize the narrative." 

• Fuck You 21

Just now, Burnt Orange in OC said:

I couldn't care less what happens to the defendant, so long as the judge and jury act in accordance with the law.

Unfortunately, the law is of little consequence to most Americans these days, as we begin to succumb to mob rule and what we "believe" to be right based on the pronouncements of a very unreliable media and those voices that effectively "seize the narrative." 

You are very much going to want to remember that.  You seem old enough to be able to cope with the death of some of your heroes.  Godspeed.

12 minutes ago, Burnt Orange in OC said:

So you believe the law allows the use or threat of deadly force against a fellow citizen whom you believe is committing a misdemeanor?

• Hook 'Em 3

28 minutes ago, Burnt Orange in OC said:

But what does the law say? 

Is the trial taking place in a court of law or in a court of what the people want regardless of what the law says? (n.b. Someone here previously noted that Georgia has changed the law that was on the books at the time regarding citizen's arrest and confronting individuals suspected of violating the law.)

Because it's a slippery slope back to a world we don't want to live in if we're going to ignore the law and just go with feelings.

Fuck off.

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, Burnt Orange in OC said:

And your basis for this statement is what, exactly?  The Trump Administration?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Burnt Orange in OC said:

Did he unlawfully enter the home under construction?

My dog and I walked into a new development over the weekend and walked through a couple of houses that were going up to check out the floorplan.  

I'll go turn myself into the cops later today.  Hope I don't get prison time. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

My dog and I walked into a new development over the weekend and walked through a couple of houses that were going up to check out the floorplan.  

I'll go turn myself into the cops later today.  Hope I don't get prison time. 

Prison time? Apparently you deserve the death penalty.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

This fucker is still outright lying about the facts of the case.

Correct me if I'm wrong here.

Homeowner gets tired of people walking on to his property.

He asks neighbors to do something about it.

Arbery walks on to property.

He leaves.

Neighbors sees he does this many times and goes after him.

They call cops to say they are going to get him.

They find him and try to detain him.

Arbery goes for the gun?

Neighbors shoot him.

It's been awhile so I probably don't have the facts of the case in line, but that seems to be what happened. 

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

This shit is getting old man. "I'm too lazy to Google for myself, can't you just tell me and do the Google search for meee?"  But I digress, from NPR's reporting on the prosecution earlier in the trial:

The key takeaways are:

Arbery did not go into anyone's home, and only ran through a new home build. 

The defendants took assumed he was the thief behind some recent break-ins. Give ya a dollar if you can guess why.

The neighbor that observed Arbery specifically DID NOT ask the defendants to do anything about it.

Defendants chase Arbery down the road with two different cars, corner him, and kill him under suspicion of being the neighborhood thief 

There are people who still believe Rittenhouse crossed the border with a rifle, my bad for not wanting to look like that guy on this case. Thanks for the info though, I definitely didn't mean to say "house," I should have known better on that. 

Definitely looks like they should go to prison for murder. actually chasing someone for entertaining a home under construction?  Dumbasses.

I'd also like that dollar, but since you gave me the needed info you can keep it.