Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

1 minute ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Ho. Lee. Shit. 

Yeah.  Any setback in Trump's agenda will now be countered and investigated by purged federal agencies.

Oh, and another example of projection.

Shit's gonna get real, real fast.

2 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Ho. Lee. Shit. 

Oh, this narrative is just getting started.  

Brace for Trump repeatedly saying the election will be rigged by the Russians and Democrats on the campaign trail.  You shouldn’t trust the results and probably shouldn’t even vote until we figure out what the hell is going on.

8 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

There are so many layers to this tweet, both funny, and scary, I don't know where to begin.  I'd bet even money some Russian operative/patsy gets arrested/framed for trying to interfere in the election in favor of the democrats some time in late October.  That's the paranoid part of me, certainly.  

4 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Ho. Lee. Shit. 

So much absurdity.  One even forgets that he isn't on the ballot.  Regardless of who the Russians push for, they'll still have Trump for the next two years- unless there is evidence to remove him.

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Brace for Trump repeatedly saying the election will be rigged by the Russians and Democrats on the campaign trail.  You shouldn’t trust the results and probably shouldn’t even vote until we figure out what the hell is going on.

Agreed, I've said before that there is absolutely no chance Trump concedes if he loses in 2020 and will just say the election was rigged. But I was not mentally prepared for that tweet today. 

We are so fucked. 

1 minute ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

Over/under when Trump makes his first tweet suggesting we delay the elections to ensure they are secure: October 1st.

If I were a huge POS like Trump, I would hold off on suggesting this until very close to the election and say something like, “My intelligence experts have determined the election results will not be secure and we need to postpone the election until January.”  

The military will conveniently be in town at that time to prepare for their parade so that helps too.

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

If I were a huge POS like Trump, I would hold off on suggesting this until very close to the election and say something like, “My intelligence experts have determined the election results will not be secure and we need to postpone the election until January.”  

The military will conveniently be in town at that time to prepare for their parade so that helps too.

In all seriousness, I'm fairly certain that if something like this were to occur, shit would get real violent across the country.  

The responsibility for elections ultimately falls to the Congress, not the executive.  Basically, the honoring the filibuster is the only thing preventing the GOP from suspending or changing elections as it sees fit.

He doesn't really have the power to suspend elections. Since elections are carried out at the state level, each state is master of it's own elections, under the framework that Congress sets.  So Texas could suspend it's election.  But that doesn't mean California or Maryland would.

Edited by Bateshorn

The parade is for Veterans Day. Although it's actually the day before the federal holiday.

Everyone needs to settle down.  All having a bunch of troops in town would do is prevent the good citizens of DC from electing their non voting rep. The current Congress doesn't end until January 3, 2019.  At that point, a messed up election would get real, because who would take the gavel and how the 116th congress gets sworn in and seated becomes an issue.

Edited by Bateshorn

22 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

About time he got tough on the Russians. 

• Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

The parade is for Veterans Day. Although it's actually the day before the federal holiday.

Everyone needs to settle down.  All having a bunch of troops in town would do is prevent the good citizens of DC from electing their non voting rep. The current Congress doesn't end until January 3, 2019.  At that point, a messed up election would get real, because who would take the gavel and how the 116th congress gets sworn in and seated becomes an issue.

It's just going to be hilarious for the optics. Trump enjoying a bigly awesome parade that will truly be all about him, days after his party gets thumped in midterm elections.

5 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

He doesn't really have the power to suspend elections. Since elections are carried out at the state level, each state is master of it's own elections, under the framework that Congress sets.  So Texas could suspend it's election.  But that doesn't mean California or Maryland would.

You see, this doesn’t matter much.  All he has to do is tweet out that he’s calling for the suspension or some other bullshit and the damage will be done.  

Confusion and misinformation surrounding the election will be in the bloodstream.

28 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Go with that strategy, Donald.

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

You see, this doesn’t matter much.  All he has to do is tweet out that he’s calling for the suspension or some other bullshit and the damage will be done.  

Confusion and misinformation surrounding the election will be in the bloodstream.

I don't disagree with that. He will attempt to delegitimize the election.  The question is whether the current GOP will go along.  To date, if the the choice is between winning and democracy, they will chuck democracy over the side.

8 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

I don't disagree with that. He will attempt to delegitimize the election.  The question is whether the current GOP will go along.  To date, if the the choice is between winning and democracy, they will chuck democracy over the side.

That's a given.  That was the plan in 2016.  Screaming about it being "rigged" and when he lost, he would carry that torch for years.  

52 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

you east coast elitists in your ivory towers sure do have a disdain for the hardworking american farmer.

when the dems vote against this, the attack ads will say exactly that.

Ironic that they'd have to ignore the man that literally builds himself towers all over the world through which he also funnels money from the government into his accounts.  It's like we have this self created plague of stupidity that continuously threatens those with functioning brains.  This should be a tv show that starts off every episode with the bad guy threatening the world every morning from the sh'tter and the good guys have to deactivate whatever bs plan he enacts.  Whereas it could all end by just deactivating his social networking account, we'll instead get a four season Dotard in Chief: Impending Apocalypse. 

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

let me guess.. he heard the chants "lock her up" and immediately tamped it down, repeating his congressional testimony to the audience that there is no evidence to even back up a special counsel investigation into Hillary Clinton much less "locking her up".

Mr Sessions was pressed by Republican congressman Jim Jordan from Ohio, who demanded to know “what it would take to get a special counsel”.

“It would take a factual basis that meets the standards of the appointment of a special counsel,” Mr Sessions replied.

Mr Sessions said: “That’s the only thing I can tell you, Mr Jordan. You can have your idea, but sometimes we have to study what the facts are and to evaluate whether it meets the standard that requires a special counsel.”

“And I would say, ‘Looks like’ is not enough basis to appoint a special counsel.”

He did that, right?

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

In fact, so very concerned that he has done literally nothing about past and further Russian interference other than demonize the investigation responsible for handing out indictments on those who perpetrated it in 2016.

5 minutes ago, yoladu said:

let me guess.. he heard the chants "lock her up" and immediately tamped it down, repeating his congressional testimony to the audience that there is no evidence to even back up a special counsel investigation into Hillary Clinton much less "locking her up".

He did that, right?

When Jeff sessions tells you to eat shit, you should probably reconsider your stance.

They don’t care that the Russians interfered because they benefitted. Same will apply here.

2 minutes ago, yoladu said:

In fact, so very concerned that he has done literally nothing about past and further Russian interference other than demonize the investigation responsible for handing out indictments on those who perpetrated it in 2016.

We also heard literally last week from literally the most powerful Russian that they literally wanted Trump. Trump fans must have memories of gnats. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/565481/

You'd have to be really fucking stupid to hear Putin say (via interpreter) that he wanted Trump to win, along with reading statements by every agency in the US intelligence community AND the Republican Senate's Intelligence Committee saying they believe Russia interfered in our election, to somehow reach the conclusion that Russia was actually trying to help Hillary.

But, stupid is the way of the right wing these days.  It's just fucking maddening.

5 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

You'd have to be really fucking stupid to hear Putin say (via interpreter) that he wanted Trump to win, along with reading statements by every agency in the US intelligence community AND the Republican Senate's Intelligence Committee saying they believe Russia interfered in our election, to somehow reach the conclusion that Russia was actually trying to help Hillary.

But, stupid is the way of the right wing these days.  It's just fucking maddening.

THEY don't actually believe any of it.  They just know that there are tens of millions of people who are stupid enough to listen to them.

edit: Actually, on second thought, Trump probably believes it.  

Edited by Chuckie Finster

His base is rabid against the media. It is nuts. Watching his veterans speech and he said do not believe these bad people, the media, and the crowd is the loudest it was the whole time.  

"What you are seeing and reading is not what is happening." 

Edited by SmokeyTheBear

Speaking of the photo; I went to my spouse's workplace last week (she's a fed) and the first thing I noticed was his photo had been replaced.
At noon on the 20th of January 2017, his original photo went up...and it was that angry looking/pissed off photo that had been photoshopped in front of a flag.  It was just an abomination.
The pic that is posted now is one of him smiling.  I asked my wife when the photo had been replaced and she didn't know, but did remember the original angry photo.
It's possible that someone in the WH decided the official Trump presidential portrait needed to be of him smiling.  It looks just as goofy as the angry photo, to be honest.
Think she could get away with replacing it with this?aca2a4695df68dde7d6b2dc5df55708b.jpg

Damn right not now. Putin is a lot of things but he isn’t an idiot. The American people would give him a nice warm welcome... no.

The only way Trump gets out of his own shit is to start executing political opponents. He takes orders from Putin so the idea has probably been discussed. But his base is his base. It’s not growing. They are the minority. All he’s done since he’s been elected is awaken the suppressed voter. They aren’t Trump supporters but Trump opponents. His opposition has only grown. No one new is falling for this bullshit just the same ones that have repeatedly already done so. I too think everyone should calm down a bit and give the American people a chance to redeem themselves.

Edited by Dropout
A an
  • Like 2

Americans are lazy because our lives are too easy. If the opposition calms down they will get beat at the ballot box. It's just a further degeneration of our government but it's true. You have to get your supporters frothing at the mouth and at least partially insane if you want to win an election.

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

We are frothing at the mouth and have never been more motivated. But Trump won’t win again or become some dictator. Democracy will prevail. I have my money on not getting beat at the ballot box by these obvious traitors. I can only hope this is correct. Get back to me if it doesn’t happen.