Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

2 hours ago, Blotto said:

I would love to hear Trumps unscripted thoughts on this matter. 

People are saying that this is the greatest tax plan in the history of the - I mean tax people. Really good tax people are saying. I have so many account -- too many accountants some people would say. As you know I have been in a very long audit. It might be the longest the IRS has ever spend on an audit. I'm not kidding. But there's so much Supply Side. I told them, I want very good Supply Side. This tax plan must have Supply. My good friend Ted Nugent was on Fox News -- have you watched this? He's really great on television, gets tremendous ratings. I could have used him on the Apprentice, I mean it. Tremendous guy. He said the Supply Side was off the charts in this tax plan. This is going to create jobs. It's already made more jobs than any tax plan in history. But the Fake News media won't say anything about that. Because they hate Trump. But it's really tremendous.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, TornACL said:

People are saying that this is the greatest tax plan in the history of the - I mean tax people. Really good tax people are saying. I have so many account -- too many accountants some people would say. As you know I have been in a very long audit. It might be the longest the IRS has ever spend on an audit. I'm not kidding. But there's so much Supply Side. I told them, I want very good Supply Side. This tax plan must have Supply. My good friend Ted Nugent was on Fox News -- have you watched this? He's really great on television, gets tremendous ratings. I could have used him on the Apprentice, I mean it. Tremendous guy. He said the Supply Side was off the charts in this tax plan. This is going to create jobs. It's already made more jobs than any tax plan in history. But the Fake News media won't say anything about that. Because they hate Trump. But it's really tremendous.

Not enough lies in that statement.

Everyone fills out taxes on postcard now.  5 minutes to do your taxes next year.  Unless you're Donald Trump.  SAD!  Huge tax plan for the rich.  I got huge tax increase.  Paid a lot of money.  But still IRS audit.  Because I'm Christian.  And IRS staff all godless crooked Democrat.  Because Messicans!  Caravans! Mooslims!  Need travel ban!  More tax cuts next year! 

I just finished a freakonomics 2 part series on the tax cuts. Basically, both sides' economists agree that the corporate tax rate needed to be reduced and that cranking up the standard deduction makes things a lot simpler.

it technically adds 1.5T to the deficit, but that's only if the cuts aren't permanent. Therefore it's really 3T cut.

dems argue that theres not simply not enough roi on the cuts bc they're too broad, and they could have got the same benefit with less extreme cuts.

also huge risk of higher income people LLC'ing to take advantage of pass through rates.

9 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I have to give Macron credit.  He is a smooth operator.  He's gonna get Trump to support the same plan while making Trump think its a great new "Trump" plan.  The man is a Trump whisperer.

It is going to be great to hear him publicly eviscerate Trump after 2020 and speak openly about the way he manipulated Trump.  Actually, I think a lot of people will speak openly about how they really feel about Trump post 2020, but when Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell try to jump in with Macron, McMaster, Tillerson etc, they can go fuck themselves.

17 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:
Emmanuel Macron @EmmanuelMacron
 France will not leave the JCPOA, because we signed it. We decided with President @realDonaldTrump to work on a new comprehensive deal

Will be interesting to see how his new BFF reacts when DOTUS reneges on his word like he always does.

4 minutes ago, retread said:

Will be interesting to see how his new BFF reacts when DOTUS reneges on his word like he always does.

I don't think he will.  Macron is working Trump differently than Schumer does.  The trick is to make it Trump's idea the whole way.

Remember the asshat fringe economist who said Trump's instincts are always right?  He knew that you have to plant the "instinct" you want, and then celebrate it as Trump's brilliance.  Macron is following that strategy.

Edited by FondrenRoad

12 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Yeah they’re strong where people actually want to live

They're strong where people actually DO live.

One of my favorite lines from the Trumpkins is that even though he lost by 3M votes, they'll say that if you took away the NYC and LA metro areas, then he either won or it's a push.  Sure, when you take away the 10% of the country that lives just in those two cities, he wins.  Just like if you said if you took away 10 of the small states Trump won (Wyoming, Alaksa, etc.) then Hillary wins the EC going away.  Those two markets combined are bigger than the bottom 20 states combined.

4 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Wut?

In her court filings, Delgado makes numerous accusations against Miller, including that he drinks excessively, believed Steve Bannon was trying to sabotage his career, and once told her that he thought the moon landing was faked - something he said he had learned while working for Ted Cruz.

He also claimed Steve Bannon was trying to deny him the White House role he deserved, and other paranoid complaints,' wrote Delgado.

'When [Delgado] asked how he could possibly believe [the moon landing was fake], he said he learned it from spending time with Ted Cruz's team, noting something about the Houston connection,' said the document.

1 hour ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Wut?

Does Ted Cruz believe the moon landing was faked?

Imagine if China goes to the moon, as they're planning to do, and publicly announces that they see no evidence that we were ever there.  Most of our populace would believe it, and we would eat ourselves rather than attacking China for it.  Damn, we are fucking doomed.

Edited by FondrenRoad

1 minute ago, lemonlime said:

What the fuck business do Javanka have at a state dinner anyway?  In 18 months we've become completely desensitized to the Trump family acting like cut rate royalty.

Uh, Jared and Ivanka hold actual positions in the White House and both have done diplomacy work on behalf of the United States 

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Uh, Jared and Ivanka hold actual positions in the White House and both have done diplomacy work on behalf of the United States 

Yes.  That they are completely and utterly unqualified for.  They should not be there.

3 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

Yes.  That they are completely and utterly unqualified for.  They should not be there.

Sad to say this but they’re probably better than Trump or many he might appoint.

But yes, they have no business in the White House 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

14 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

When Bill Clinton was elected, the Republcans were outraged that his wife, herself a lawyer who had been involved in politics throughout his career, would have a role in government. "She wasn't elected!"

Now we have dipshit little prince and princess playing government with offices and staffs and influencing policy and that's perfectly acceptable.