Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

Whatabout when Obama cancelled his WH visits with the Dolphins, Ravens, Steelers, and Bruins championship teams because of players who refused to come because they did not support him?

Fuck Pennsylvania.  He didn't need them to win the election.

7 hours ago, FondrenRoad said:

Nah. The owners already gave players an out. They can stay in the locker room, fine free. I predict that the anthem will now be scheduled to happen before the players take the field. Not only that, but the players will have a "voluntary" team meeting in the locker room while it is happening. Local singer will sing like shit. Fans will do what they want. Players will be in a team meeting, some watching the anthem on TV while others doing their own thing with no cameras.  After they will come out to the team song.  Everyone will claim victory but nobody really wins and nobody nobody really gives a shit.

The nfl could have already done that when one of their proposals were to let individual teams decide for themselves how best to handle the situation like schedule the anthem earlier.  But instead they wanted to act as one, which will backfire on them.   I see this ending with at least one game being forfeited because of a stalemate between the owner and the team.    All it will take is a owner (mcnair) saying the wrong words again and the team stays home.  And before you state the players won’t get paid; they will when the nfl has to act to stop a league wide work stoppage  

As an ex long time nfl season ticket holder, I can tell you that their are many games when 25% of the crowd were in their seats during the anthem.  The rest are still drinking beer somewhere else.   

I don't blame for cancelling the Eagles ceremony as he would have looked like a fool in honoring less than 10 players.  And when he slammed the missing teammates, the ones present may have walked out on him.   Now he has a platform to talk in front of the largest gathering ever of Eagles fans.  SHS will tell us that 500K of them showed up.

It's always good to note transition points.  For the last couple of years, the controversy was over whether it was unAmerican to show disrespect for the flag.  Now the Trumpsters believe it is unAmerican to show disrespect for the President.  Fuck these fucking fuckheads.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tuco said:

It's always good to note transition points.  For the last couple of years, the controversy was over whether it was unAmerican to show disrespect for the flag.  Now the Trumpsters believe it is unAmerican to show disrespect for the President.  Fuck these fucking fuckheads.

It’s good to note that in his head, he equates himself with the national anthem. 

4 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

We'd probably still have a hand in this had Hillary won, but nevertheless, this is unconscionable.  Our tax dollars at work.

https://twitter.com/MediaRootsNews/status/1003080051162615809

One is tempted to try to put those numbers in context . . . hey, it's only an additional 10M above what we previously thought . . . which is a pretty damning indictment of how easy it is to become numb to tragedy in today's world.  The idea that by the end of the year 3X the number of Jews exterminated in the (entire) Holocaust are in danger of starving to death is mind-blowing.  That's 7 months.  18M people.  In a country with a population of 28M people.

Hey Donald, why don't you DO SOMETHING?  (As in "do something else".)  Yay, AmeriKKKa.

6 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

Even though he thinks it's a shithole country and couldn't find it on a map, Trump could probably be persuaded to send Trump steaks and water to Yemen if he thinks he can make some money doing it. 

sell it to the Qatari Red Crescent Society for 2X retail and naming rights to a new mall / hotel complex. 

2 hours ago, Mo Horn said:

So I'm guessing Sessions will get a less than acceptable rating at his next job performance review. 

A few weeks ago, many of the questions which Mueller had floated to Trump lawyers were leaked.  Several of them dealt with Sessions' recusal and the President's reaction to it.  Now note the grammar and spelling in the tweet.  Sure, you have the overreliance on elipses and the capitalization, but it's not a typical Trump word salad.  I'm guessing this is the White House trying to get out in front of a story.  They are framing Trump's objection to be related to the cost of the investigation and the impact it has had on the investigated.  Waiting for the other shoe to drop. 

Just now, Tuco said:

A few weeks ago, many of the questions which Mueller had floated to Trump lawyers were leaked.  Several of them dealt with Sessions' recusal and the President's reaction to it.  Now note the grammar and spelling in the tweet.  Sure, you have the overreliance on elipses and the capitalization, but it's not a typical Trump word salad.  I'm guessing this is the White House trying to get out in front of a story.  They are framing Trump's objection to be related to the cost of the investigation and the impact it has had on the investigated.  Waiting for the other shoe to drop. 

The cost of the investigation pales in comparison to the cost of Donald's trips to Mar-A-Lago.  Not a great strategy (but it hasn't stopped him so far).

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

The cost of the investigation pales in comparison to the cost of Donald's trips to Mar-A-Lago.  Not a great strategy (but it hasn't stopped him so far).

I agree it's a bad look, but whatever the story is likely has worse implications.  If it is conclusively shown that Trump was trying to get Sessions to unrecusive himself and to end the investigation, Trump will need to show it is for some other reason than a concern of what the investigation might uncover.  If there is an email that has some vague reference to the damage it could do to some in the Trump campaign, they need to frame that as damage from the investigation itself, not the reckoning of illegal activities.

2 minutes ago, JimTom said:

If the illiterate millionaires in the NFL want to make a political statement, they should do so on their own time.  Not at the beginning of the football game. 

That's the point.

Hey, no veiled racism here.  Move along.

If the illiterate millionaires in the NFL want to make a political statement, they should do so on their own time.  Not at the beginning of the football game. 
That's the point.

says JimTom, posting his own political statement from work...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 5

Just now, Kyrie Eleison said:

says JimTom, posting his own political statement from work...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pretty sure i'm on the politics board, where this kind of post should be. 

So, to digress a minute from the troll that is JimTom, and get back to Trump issues, any guesses on when those formerly known as Trump administration greats (Tillerson, H.R. McMaster, Bannon, Cohn, etc., etc.) drop their "Man, this Admin is a shitshow" books?  There have to be half-a-dozen in the works.  I'm thinking a few will drop later this summer, then maybe some more in the summer of 2020.  

2 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

So, to digress a minute from the troll that is JimTom, and get back to Trump issues, any guesses on when those formerly known as Trump administration greats (Tillerson, H.R. McMaster, Bannon, Cohn, etc., etc.) drop their "Man, this Admin is a shitshow" books?  There have to be half-a-dozen in the works.  I'm thinking a few will drop later this summer, then maybe some more in the summer of 2020.  

We're going to have a steady stream of these well into at least the 2020s.

Edited by Chuckie Finster

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I don't blame for cancelling the Eagles ceremony as he would have looked like a fool in honoring less than 10 players.  And when he slammed the missing teammates, the ones present may have walked out on him.   Now he has a platform to talk in front of the largest gathering ever of Eagles fans.  SHS will tell us that 500K of them showed up.

I'll go out at 3pm and take a picture of the crowd.

1 minute ago, Chuckie Finster said:

We're going to have a steady stream of these well into at least the 2020s.

Probably, unless there's utter Trump fatigue by then, which is possible.  But if you take a rough cut and look at say, half of those let go are glory seeking reality TV types, you know that's a 100% hit rate.  The Omarosas of the world are clamoring to get their books in order right now.  The "we just did this for the Country" types, I'm guessing there are fewer.  

This doesn't even count the post-investigation "oh you think THAT was bad, let me tell you how it REALLY was on the inside" category.  

1 minute ago, Chad Fuck said:

Probably, unless there's utter Trump fatigue by then, which is possible.  But if you take a rough cut and look at say, half of those let go are glory seeking reality TV types, you know that's a 100% hit rate.  The Omarosas of the world are clamoring to get their books in order right now.  The "we just did this for the Country" types, I'm guessing there are fewer.  

This doesn't even count the post-investigation "oh you think THAT was bad, let me tell you how it REALLY was on the inside" category.  

They are all just going to be repeats of Fire and Fury. I'm sure there are a couple of stories in the book that were embellished, but the overall gist will be the same in any additional books from insiders, essentially the president is a fucking moron. 

Anybody with a couple braincells and internet access already knows that.  Don't give these fucks any money when their books come out. 

I just can’t imagine how our history books will deal with him. If you’re going to tell one story of ineptitude, deceit or corruption, which of the hundreds do you choose? The act of sorting them from most-offensive to “Jesus Fucking Christ! He did that?!? AGAIN?!?” is a near impossible job.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

Digress!  Digress if you must.  

Great story.  Impressive.

• Fuck You 4

Somebody who claims he doesn’t watch the fake news sure is sensitive to what the fake news is showing. 

Jesus this guy is the anti-Obama in so many ways. Not saying he was the greatest president but I felt he acted with appropriate gravity in respect to the office and diplomacy, promoted a family atmosphere, supported my views on science, technology and equal rights, and was at least somewhat restrained when it came to calling out the opposing political party.

Trump is literally a polar opposite in each of those categories that’s important to me as a voter, father and American.