Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

Just now, longhornmatt said:

Oh, so you think fiscal conservatism means what it meant in the 1930s and not what it means now.  Well, your posts make more sense.  You’re just a troll.

I think progressive means the same as it did in the Woodrow Wilson era, which is when that term was invented.  So, clearly one of your movement’s priorities, bad_teammate, is social Darwinism and using eugenics to weed our minorities and the handicapped.  My God, how do you sleep?

And for God’s sake, Republican means what it originally meant, so it’s the party of Lincoln!  Why do you hate abolitionists, bad_teammate?

I mean, first of all... bravo for this rage post. Just top shelf outrage over something really minor and dumb.

But what does "it mean(s) now"?

HOW DO YOU SLEEP, SIR!?!?! lol

8 minutes ago, Grandioso said:

I was about to say, what's $400,000 to Browder? That's a tip for the uber driver. 

it's also still a lie. Browder never gave Hillary a dime. The great lie of $400 million was to sell the real lie that Browder supported Hillary when they "apologized" about their mistake.

Just now, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

that's a close as b_t gets to ceding the point.

What point, that people who call themselves "fiscal conservative" can't actually define it in a coherent way, and that when I define it by its actual historical definition I get a bunch of pissy replies?

Consider me owned.

I am really curious as to how Trump thinks NATO spending works. I think he thinks that it's one big pool of money that NATO as an organization then spends and the US is just putting way more than their fair share into.
I think... I think he's dumb? 

I’m certain this is what he thinks. His team won’t correct him because it’s useful for Trumpkins to misunderstand it as well

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

We aren’t there yet, but my wife can get Canadian or UK citizenship thanks to her parents.  

The last 2 years have me already at that point. Have been making long term plans to live the rest of my life outside of the US.

31 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I’m starting a fiscal conservativism thread because this is getting out of hand.

Start one for personal grudges, too. This shit is killing my only pleasure in watching my country transformed into a banana republic. That pleasure being an occasional laugh in the virtual TV lounge that I come to this thread to share.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

The movement that started in opposition to the New Deal.

- no taxes raised to ensure social safety nets

- no government debt to ensure social safety nets

- little-to-no government regulation of industry (economic or environment regulations)

I'd say that those are 3 things all flavors of "fiscal conservative" can agree on.

Wrong.

3 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

do we need to bring back douchebag central? 

Just read 80% of the last 8 pages; we're there. 

Or maybe you meant to post on the vision for America's future thread in which case my post semicolon statement still stands.

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I’m wonder if some clockwork orange type treatment would work on Trump.  Like can Mattis and Kelly just take him down to the basement of the Pentagon and force him to watch Schindler’s List and Red Dawn 10 times in a row?

They'd have to tie down his hands to keep him from jacking off and throwing semen at the screen.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, softlynow said:

I’m beginning to consider moving to Belize. 

If you are over 50 and can prove a $2K monthly income, you can live there with no Belize taxes. Need to hurry though, the Chinese are buying up everything in sight.

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

There are times when self-preservation and overall decorum prevent me from saying what I'd like to say, and I'm not exactly known for having a strong filter.

This is one of those times.

[Nixon]That would be wrong.[/Nixon]

1 minute ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

What would happen if Putin came, Mueller issued indictments, and we arrested him?

He comes with diplomatic immunity, so no dice.

Putin is a paranoid motherfucker so I seriously don’t see him setting foot on U.S. soil anytime soon.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

12 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Supposed to happen in the fall. October surprise?  Geez, Trump must think he’s untouchable if he wants this to happen so close to midterms. 

I don't think there is any way trump views the midterms as anything related to him since he's not on the ballot. 

Let's just file this in the *no shit* column and move on:

http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/397955-dni-coats-theres-a-risk-that-putin-recorded-meeting-with-trump

Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats said Thursday that it's possible Russian President Vladimir Putin recorded his meeting Monday in Helsinki, Finland, with President Trump, adding that he didn't know the specifics of what happened during the two leaders' private meeting.

Asked by MSNBC's Andrea Mitchell whether Putin could have recorded the meeting without Trump's knowledge, Coats hesitated before responding: "That risk is always there."

"You're right, I don't know what happened in that meeting," Coats added during the interview at the Aspen Ideas Festival. "I think as time goes by — and the president has already mentioned some things that happened in that meeting — I think we will learn more. But that is the president's prerogative."

Later in Mitchell's interview with Coats, she broke the news to him that Trump is working to invite Putin to visit Washington, D.C., in the next few months.

“We have some breaking news, the White House has announced on Twitter that Vladimir Putin is coming to the White House in the fall,” Mitchell said.

“Say that again?” Coats replied, before laughing.

“Did I hear you right?” he jokingly asked. “OK, that’s gonna be special.”

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

No way. There would more likely be a power struggle in the Kremlin.  Very few love Putin in that government. 

KGB doesn't fuck around.  And Putin would make sure he has his house in order when he comes here - part of that means motherfuckers barricaded in a room with the red buttons.  And guess who will be 'watching' their families while they're in that room?  Come on, this is Putin you're dealing with...he doesn't leave shit to chance. 

1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

KGB doesn't fuck around.  And Putin would make sure he has his house in order when he comes here - part of that means motherfuckers barricaded in a room with the red buttons.  And guess who will be 'watching' their families while they're in that room?  Come on, this is Putin you're dealing with...he doesn't leave shit to chance. 

He wouldn’t fuck with the nukes because of MAD.  It would be a suicidal move. I have no doubt he would have contingency plans but not the nukes.