Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

16 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

So because we spend too much in areas not called Medicare and Social Security, you support a tax cut that will be financed by cuts to Medicare and Social Security?  

That's some A+ fucking thinking right there, hoss.

We spend too much in all areas.

17 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

So you would support a BBA that incorporates some guardrails relative to GDP or some other measure of economic health? 

I'm not who was asked, but of course not. Codifying something that vague in the Constitution is a fucking nightmare concept. "Some guardrails"

It's pretty simple. We spend more on military than any other country in the world by a multiple. We need major reform to Medicare and SS. We don't have an income problem, we have a spending problem. Don't worry man, Democrats gonna fix this. Bozo outside telling us that our fiscal course is not a #bothsides issue.   

discretionary_spending_pie,_2015_enacted.png

In your life and mine, the four most consequential points of inflection towards structural debt expansion have been led by Republicans. Reagan cut-and-spend, Bush II’s debt-financed tax cuts in 2001 and 2003, and Trump’s 2017 cut-and-spend.

The most consequential attempts to bend towards surplus in your life and mine were Carter (failed), Bush I (failed), Clinton (succeeded), Obama (overtaken by events).

• Like 1

So you would support a BBA that incorporates some guardrails relative to GDP or some other measure of economic health?  We can make baby steps. Or maybe you just tell me more about ideological fantasy. 

Fuck no. We have guardrails called “elections”. We need but use them and stop making cynical excuses like #bothsides.

32 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

It's pretty simple. We spend more on military than any other country in the world by a multiple. We need major reform to Medicare and SS. We don't have an income problem, we have a spending problem. Don't worry man, Democrats gonna fix this. Bozo outside telling us that our fiscal course is not a #bothsides issue. 

discretionary_spending_pie,_2015_enacted

so 60% of the budget goes to Military and Veterans Affairs, ostensibly to fight an enemy that lives in caves and mud huts. 

Just to clarify, this $1.1 trillion does not include the SS system right?

Please feel free to cite all the Democrats who were manning the tip of the spear on the fight against deficit spending during that time frame. 

You mean the deficit spending that along with monetary intervention just barely staved off a deflationary demand collapse? The one that was loaded up and intensified by the previous 2001 and 2003 stimulus tax cuts? Again, this is a topic that revolves around math, not ideological fantasies.

Jesus, dude. You’re having a bad day.

13 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

You mean the deficit spending that along with monetary intervention just barely staved off a deflationary demand collapse? The one that was loaded up and intensified by the previous 2001 and 2003 stimulus tax cuts? Again, this is a topic that revolves around math, not ideological fantasies.

Jesus, dude. You’re having a bad day.

So you can't name one democrat who spoke up about deficit spending from 2010 to 2016. And I am having a bad day.  *Heading out to the porch to eat wings and fried cheese*

Edited by Anastasis
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

7 people have died in the Carr fire and countless acres and amount of property have been destroyed. So obviously the best thing to do is tweet about policy and politics. Greatest President Ever.  Gotta change the constitution so he can serve more than 8 years. 

Edited by Mo Horn

So you can't name one democrat who spoke up about deficit spending from 2010 to 2016. And I am having a bad day.  *Heading out to the porch to eat wings and fried cheese*

Honestly the food should turn things around pretty quick.

But since you pressed, Obama talked about deficits plenty. Pretty sure he talked about in a few SOTU’s. And since it was like 9% of GDP in 2009 and around 3% in 2016 he was right to talk about it. He’s a Democrat, right?

Oh, and when you get done with the wings and cheese, go look at discretionary spending as a percentage of GDP and nominal dollars between 2009 and 2016 and tell me what you find.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Is he having a stroke?

He's bringing back a right wing radio classic.  Rush was spouting that dumb shit back when he was calling 12 year old Chelsea the White House dog.  Whatever it takes to blame the libruls.

3 hours ago, Anastasis said:

We were in a recession from 2010-2016?  Interesting.

Seems to me that stanco's point regarding the general course that bitching about deficit spending take, a political path rather than an economic justification holds true. 

What the fuck is the matter with you? 

4 hours ago, markstanco said:

You were fine with it under Obama. But now it's bad? If you can point out where you weren't then props.

Double standard regards,

I wasn’t fine with 2 trillion dollar deficits under Obama because they didn’t exist. Why don’t you go and hire 8 more new employees and give them all “raises” on their first day of work. You benevolent job creator. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Is he having a stroke?

Fuck that orange cheeto for trying to politicize disaster response while the disaster is ongoing.  I live in Sonoma, had a close call last year that put a scare in us and of course there's wall-to-wall coverage of the events in the local media again this year.  I do not recall a single report or hint that any aircraft or fire crew was in any way hindered from getting water needed to do their jobs.

And is this his first tweet about the subject?  Nice to have his thoughts and prayers.

Stands to be said again.  Fuck him!

2 hours ago, Anastasis said:

We spend too much in all areas.

Aw ana, love your both sides. Don’t stop being you broseph. I agree an objective viewpoint is needed in viewing all the traitor dick licking by this admin but let’s be honest, you side with this dipshittery more often than agreeing with reason and logic. And that’s sorta ok, but I’m calling a spade a spade. While Trump does so much dumb shit that us real Americans need a check every now and then, I agree. But even you gotta be exhausted by all the both sides bs... my point is that it is needed but this dumb sonofabitch is going beyond the pale to straight up “I only pretend to defend his idiocy cause I’m a fucking dummy” territory. You’re smart enough to see that right? I think you are.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, markstanco said:

As my original post said, we have hired new employees, a ton of overtime, business is booming. 2 years ago we were at 4 day work weeks and considering going to 3. A competitor was at 20 million in sales and went to 5 under Obama.

But yea, totally lucky that trump guy is to be able to coattail what Obama was putting in place just before he left office.

You are totally full of shit. first of all, No way some dipshit likes you pays overtime. A guy like you would just call them independent contractors first. Second, if you were too stupid to not make money during the Obama years no way you suddenly had the light go off during the orange monkey years.

Go lie and spew your  internet bullshit on some other more stupid message board.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, retread said:

He has no capacity to feel compassion.

This is his only ability. To sit on his fat fucking ass and armchair quarterback, armed with zero facts or insight, only tired empty partisan bullshit. 

Hell he still does it today, even about issues entirely under his control, because he seems to forget on occasion that it's his job, as the fucking president. 

He's a big fat empty suit. 

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

Obama sure talked about it a lot when he was negotiating his grand bargain with Boehner, which he wanted even more than he’d wanted the ACA.

14 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

There’s still a chance Mueller issues an obstruction of justice report before the midterms, mid-September.  This would give the GOP an easy way out if they wanted to escape the Trump takeover.  If the report is conclusive against Trump and the Republicans do nothing, that with galvanize the democrats even more.

We know the Republicans will do nothing but we should acknowledge they had every opportunity.

The final Russia Investigation report could take another year. 

Even though every democrat opposed the deficit exploding tax cut, both sides passed the deficit exploding tax cut. 

Even though the Germans invaded Poland and France, both sides started WW2.

Even though the germans bombed Pearl Harbor, both sides bombed Pearl Harbor. In fact, I’m pretty sure American B-52 bombers bombed Pearl Harbor. 

Both sides are always to blame. So both sides. Both sides. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, DDD Dad said:

Ok now it’s obvious you’re just trolling.

2 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Please feel free to cite all the Democrats who were manning the tip of the spear on the fight against deficit spending during that time frame. 

1 hour ago, DDD Dad said:

Whataboutism response. Now you’re getting lazy.

LOLZ. 

18 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

There’s still a chance Mueller issues an obstruction of justice report before the midterms, mid-September.  This would give the GOP an easy way out if they wanted to escape the Trump takeover.  If the report is conclusive against Trump and the Republicans do nothing, that with galvanize the democrats even more.

We know the Republicans will do nothing but we should acknowledge they had every opportunity.

The final Russia Investigation report could take another year. 

You have no fucking idea how long the "final investigation" might take.  Maybe a week, maybe a year, maybe 4 years. I don't know and neither do you. 

3 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Is he having a stroke?

There are some pretty solid theories about wildfires being worse than they used to be because after we clear cut a lot of forests, we just let all vegetation come back and fight it out.  What we ended up with is a lot of underbrush that serves as a fuel source the old forests didn't have.  With that extra brush and mid range vegetation a fire has enough fuel to reach up higher into the big trees which eventually works into the crowns.   

Old forests survived lots of fires because there was not this thick layer of fuel, as the taller trees blocked the sun from those smaller plants, thus preventing them from growing.  So if a fire did roll through it only had a thin layer of leaves and pine needles to burn.   Not enough heat to reach the lower branches.

So instead of using good forestry management and clearing underbrush before hand, we let it grow.  Many blame the environmentalists on this, because they supported laws that prevented cutting anything down, due to habitat threat issues.   Maybe that is true, but there isn't any money in the scrubby stuff, so unless good forest husbandry was written into the contract for the timber cutters, then it wasn't going to be done.    It's a lot like miners going in and stripping out resources and leaving behind a creek that's now a superfund site. 

So I don't know what the hell he is talking about when it comes to the water use situation, but i would bet his thoughts on "bad environmental laws" are based somewhat on what I have explained.  But of course he only understood part of it, the liberal part. 

As far as "tree clear"  I guess he is talking about cutting a fire line, to cut off the head of a fire.  But once it gets in the crowns these things develop their own weather fronts, as big fires draw oxygen to them, causing wind up and out, carrying firebrands for miles sometimes.   Maybe he means they have laws that prevent cutting the underbrush in some areas.  I am not sure.  

But like everything else, heaven forbid explaining things.  That can't be done in a tweet. 

The book Collapse, by Jared Diamond does a good job describing these forest management theories. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collapse:_How_Societies_Choose_to_Fail_or_Succeed

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Honestly the food should turn things around pretty quick.

But since you pressed, Obama talked about deficits plenty. Pretty sure he talked about in a few SOTU’s. And since it was like 9% of GDP in 2009 and around 3% in 2016 he was right to talk about it. He’s a Democrat, right?

Oh, and when you get done with the wings and cheese, go look at discretionary spending as a percentage of GDP and nominal dollars between 2009 and 2016 and tell me what you find.

Right. I remember when Obama talked about debt ceilings. That was some really cute shit. Made you almost think that it was anything more than polical posturing. 

• Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

So because we spend too much in areas not called Medicare and Social Security, you support a tax cut that will be financed by cuts to Medicare and Social Security?  

That's some A+ fucking thinking right there, hoss.

They may want to spin that by their base first. I'm pretty sure they'd say hell the f'k no and gfy when asked.  In fact, I know they would--they're primarily olds.    

59 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Well California hasn't been fair to him so it's okay that they burn because they have bad environmental laws. 

FIFY

10 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Right. I remember when Obama talked about debt ceilings. That was some really cute shit. Made you almost think that it was anything more than polical posturing. 

If you’re going to bend over and show us your ass, make sure we all get to see both sides of your ass. Thanks in advance. 

• Like 3

Debt ceilings? You mean the ones we have to raise periodically to make payments on borrowed money we already spent or default on our debts and thus jeopardize the one most important thing we have that prevents hyperinflation?

Come on man, you are channeling Emory with this.
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

There are some pretty solid theories about wildfires being worse than they used to be because after we clear cut a lot of forests, we just let all vegetation come back and fight it out.  What we ended up with is a lot of underbrush that serves as a fuel source the old forests didn't have.  With that extra brush and mid range vegetation a fire has enough fuel to reach up higher into the big trees which eventually works into the crowns.   

Old forests survived lots of fires because there was not this thick layer of fuel, as the taller trees blocked the sun from those smaller plants, thus preventing them from growing.  So if a fire did roll through it only had a thin layer of leaves and pine needles to burn.   Not enough heat to reach the lower branches.

So instead of using good forestry management and clearing underbrush before hand, we let it grow.  Many blame the environmentalists on this, because they supported laws that prevented cutting anything down, due to habitat threat issues.   Maybe that is true, but there isn't any money in the scrubby stuff, so unless good forest husbandry was written into the contract for the timber cutters, then it wasn't going to be done.    It's a lot like miners going in and stripping out resources and leaving behind a creek that's now a superfund site. 

So I don't know what the hell he is talking about when it comes to the water use situation, but i would bet his thoughts on "bad environmental laws" are based somewhat on what I have explained.  But of course he only understood part of it, the liberal part. 

As far as "tree clear"  I guess he is talking about cutting a fire line, to cut off the head of a fire.  But once it gets in the crowns these things develop their own weather fronts, as big fires draw oxygen to them, causing wind up and out, carrying firebrands for miles sometimes.   Maybe he means they have laws that prevent cutting the underbrush in some areas.  I am not sure.  

But like everything else, heaven forbid explaining things.  That can't be done in a tweet. 

The book Collapse, by Jared Diamond does a good job describing these forest management theories. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collapse:_How_Societies_Choose_to_Fail_or_Succeed

Pretty sure places like Yosemite already did control clearing and maybe even burning.  I know they do this in parts of Africa too.  There's very little prevention to those that are going to set fires, especially during extended droughts.  

7 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Debt ceilings? You mean the ones we have to raise periodically to make payments on borrowed money we already spent or default on our debts and thus jeopardize the one most important thing we have that prevents hyperinflation?

Debt ceilings? Debt ceilings?  Practice. WE TALKING ABOUT PRACTICE. Rinse. Repeat.  Nothing matters. 

• Like 1