Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

Uh, yeah.
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/11/22/kelly-nielsen-debate-border-troops-1012547

Kelly and Nielsen initially argued against signing the declaration, which granted the military broad authority at the border, telling the president that the move was beyond his constitutional powers. They were vocally opposed by, among others, senior policy adviser Stephen Miller; Chris Crane, president of the National Immigration and Customs Enforcement Council; and Brandon Judd, president of the border patrol union. Also present was Vice President Mike Pence, who did not take a stand on the issue, according to one of the people briefed on the debate.

Kelly and Nielsen eventually came around to the president’s position, and the bitter dispute ended Tuesday evening when Kelly, on Trump’s orders, signed a Cabinet declaration granting the military the disputed authority. The move ran afoul of the guidance offered by the White House counsel, Emmet Flood, who cautioned that it was likely to run into constitutional roadblocks, according to a second source familiar with the conversations.

But Jade Helm!

10 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

40 years ago, we had a President who had literally been an officer on nuclear submarines. 

Now electromagnets are hard. 

here's what you do, Mr. President.  You go into Eric's room and get a few engines from his Thomas & Friends playset.  Some engines/cars connect easily with their magnets, others seem to "push" away from one another.  Keep trying different configurations until you got yourself a train of 4-5 cars and then voila, you and Eric can have a kickass holiday weekend.  

Lulz. What a fucking tool ....

At one point, Trump was asked what he was most thankful for on this Thanksgiving.

"For having a great family and for having made a tremendous difference in this country," Trump said. "I've made a tremendous difference in the country. This country is so much stronger now than it was when I took office that you wouldn't believe it."

26 minutes ago, Blotto said:

At one point, Trump was asked what he was most thankful for on this Thanksgiving.

"For having a great family and for having made a tremendous difference in this country," Trump said. "I've made a tremendous difference in the country. This country is so much stronger now than it was when I took office that you wouldn't believe it."

He’s right.  I don’t believe it.

He's been preparing his whole life for this:

https://www.axios.com/khashoggi-and-the-caravan-trumps-thanksgiving-morning-talking-points-d9537d67-ad7a-4a21-a82d-1ea9186942e3.html

On his meeting with China's President Xi:

"I’m very prepared, I’ve been preparing for it all my life. It’s not like, oh gee, I’m going to sit down and study it. I know every detail. I know every stat, I know it better than anyone who’s ever known it and my gut has always been right."

1 hour ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Best part was the pause before the Navy guy started speaking.  He was prolly like "Da hell?  Is this a question?"

Here's the context from last year

In the President's own words:

"You know the catapult is quite important. So I said what is this? Sir, this is our digital catapult system. He said well, we're going to this because we wanted to keep up with modern [technology]. I said you don't use steam anymore for catapult? No sir. I said, "Ah, how is it working?" "Sir, not good. Not good. Doesn't have the power. You know the steam is just brutal. You see that sucker going and steam's going all over the place, there's planes thrown in the air."It sounded bad to me. Digital. They have digital. What is digital? And it's very complicated, you have to be Albert Einstein to figure it out. And I said–and now they want to buy more aircraft carriers. I said what system are you going to be–"Sir, we're staying with digital." I said no you're not. You going to goddamned steam, the digital costs hundreds of millions of dollars more money and it's no good."

https://www.popularmechanics.com/military/weapons/a26478/donald-trump-emals-steam-catapult-aircraft-carrier/

As someone who was principal engineer on the development of an electromagnetic torpedo launcher THAT WORKED, and who knows nothing about nuclear power other than fission = split, fusion = uh, fusing?, I can say with great certainty that the Navy guy's shade was appropriate and all too kind.

8 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

This spray tanned fuckstain thinks you literally can’t see stealth planes.  He’s dumber than most 6th graders.  Fuck everyone who grew up with this asswipe and didn’t beat his ass.  

That's just it.  He's never been punched in the mouth as a kid or an adult. He's never had to have humility for anything, even after all of the numerous personal and professional failures in his life.  Most rational mature adults would temper themselves after their first bankruptcy, or divorce, or business failure.  Not Trump.  No matter what the consequence of his actions were in his entire life, someone else would clean it up or pay for it.

The person that needs (posthumously) to have their ass beat is his dad.  There's no doubt in my mind Freddie was a fucking lawnmower parent (for those not aware, it's a parent that mows down every obstacle in their child's path).

Just a fucking disgraceful adult.  And he happens to be President.  

Edited by Francisco 2.0
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, SquishMitten said:

To be fair, electromagnets can be difficult. I consider myself a pretty sharp fella, but I wasn’t even able to create one until my 2nd grade science fair.

My wife taught fourth grade.  

As a part of the science curriculum, the kids build electromagnets. 

Trumpkins are gonna jump all over that Navy Guy for what he said.  How dare that libtard say that.

That's just it.  He's never been punched in the mouth as a kid or an adult. He's never had to have humility for anything, even after all of the numerous personal and professional failures in his life.  Most rational mature adults would temper themselves after their first bankruptcy, or divorce, or business failure.  Not Trump.  No matter what the consequence of his actions were in his entire life, someone else would clean it up or pay for it.
The person that needs (posthumously) to have their ass beat is his dad.  There's no doubt in my mind Freddie was a fucking lawnmower parent (for those not aware, it's a parent that mows down every obstacle in their child's path).

In all fairness, I have never been punched in the face as an adult, unless you count the toddler throwing a tantrum.

48 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Yes - that’s exactly what I was getting at w that comment.  He really needed a couple good beatings.  

7 minutes ago, Nivek said:

In all fairness, I have never been punched in the face as an adult, unless you count the toddler throwing a tantrum.

3 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

I've not either.  But I was as a kid, and it was something that I started, and it was a life lesson.  

Y’all have some boring lives.

Not even a family reunion or the OU game or a Soccer Shots session for your kid gone wrong!?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Watched trumps visit to a coast guard station earlier today.  He asked how many had attended the Coast Guard Academy and was shocked when only 1 or 2 said yes.  I wonder if he realizes that the Academy is equivalent to West Point and enlisted personnel wouldn’t have attended. 

I am sure he thinks every military person went to some sort of acadamy.

man I thought Bush was bad, this is republicans going full retard  

14 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Watched trumps visit to a coast guard station earlier today.  He asked how many had attended the Coast Guard Academy and was shocked when only 1 or 2 said yes.  I wonder if he realizes that the Academy is equivalent to West Point and enlisted personnel wouldn’t have attended. 

Probably doesn't even know they are military.  Probably thinks they're just cops with boats.

2 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Bush had his issues, but at the very least he was a good and decent human.

Trump doesn't even have decency.

I honestly don't know if he is a decent or good person. He was good at acting like one, but horrendous acts and millions of deaths came under his watch and the aftermath of actions he took. Not to mention a complete breakdown of our economy. I can't tell if he's just horrendously stupid or as evil as Cheney but just better at acting dumb. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

9/11 fucked us up.

Nearly everyone wanted war at that time.  

In hindsight we all look pretty bad during the Bush years, outside of a few canaries in the coal mine.

Yeah but invading a country that had nothing to do with it and overthrowing their dictator under what appears to be blood vengence was all Bush. That set what's now almost 20 years of disaster in motion and gave rise to ISIS. Things like The Program that completely shit on the Constitution and violated hundreds of millions of Americans rights (and continue to do so) all under Bush. He's the worst and most disastrous president in US history for the time being and hopefully Trump is neutered by Mueller/courts and now the house enough to not allow him to break that record. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, In10se said:

I honestly don't know if he is a decent or good person. He was good at acting like one, but horrendous acts and millions of deaths came under his watch and the aftermath of actions he took. Not to mention a complete breakdown of our economy. I can't tell if he's just horrendously stupid or as evil as Cheney but just better at acting dumb. 

I tried at times to give him the benefit of the doubt but kept remembering his Karla Faye Tucker moment.  That wasn’t very decent.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

9/11 fucked us up.

Nearly everyone wanted war at that time.  

In hindsight we all look pretty bad during the Bush years, outside of a few canaries in the coal mine.

Some PhD candidate in psychology could write a great dissertation on you.  Your pathological need to drop a #contraryopinion is really bizarre.

2 hours ago, In10se said:

Yeah but invading a country that had nothing to do with it ...

Hold it right there.

You need to understand something. Iraq had everything to do with it, because if not for Iraq, there's no base on Saudi soil, and without the base on Saudi soil, there's no Saudi terrorists causing 9/11.

Can go into more detail on this when I'm not on a phone, but "we had to close the air base in SA" was the cause of the second Iraq invasion, and the air base itself was why the 9/11 terrorists came from SA, and the first Iraq war is why we had that base in the first place.

Of course, there were no terrorists there, and there were no WMD there, but Iraq had everything to do with it.

• Like 1