Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

This is some of the most cowardly, disingenuous bullshit, and I can't fucking believe people STILL have this mindset. 
1. This mystery "palatable" D candidate you're wishing for? It's actually a Republican. Your party has gone so far off the fucking deep end over the last 2-3 decades, that you're actually just wanting what you think a Republican should be. 
2. I love that Republicans always recommend to liberals that they should nominate a "centrist", all the while they just fucking voted for the stupidest comic book villain ever as POTUS. 
3. Calling Beto an "extremist" shows how clueless you really are. People on the left are already eating him alive for not being progressive enough. Pay attention, please. 

If A candidate ran on the Republican ticket with all of Hillary’s political beliefs they would line right up. Don’t believe their lies.
  • Like 6

5 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Well see, he rode a skateboard

Punk band, it's that he was in a punk band. Oh and once wore a dress. You know what that means, right? That's right, he's a freedom hating neo-ismla-lib-ommunist. And he's going to take your guns while he physically rips the baby from your wife's womb to give to a ninja-turtle pedo ring. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, retread said:

That would be an interesting conversation to have at town halls -- asking R voters what Ds they would find palatable. 

It's akin to asking which aggy you like.

" You mean I have to pick at least one?"

2 hours ago, slorch said:

Yes and no.

It ain't Mattis and a bunch of lieutenants.  There's still plenty of capable leadership in our military, like Mark Milley, another Grade AA badass who was just appointed as Chief of Staff of the Army.

It's not like Mattis was some outlier.  The next guys/ gals up  ain't gonna necessarily bend the knee and kiss the ring and sacrifice their charges.  Trump isn't going to necessarily get any relief on this front is what I'm saying.   They know their jobs and Trump doesn't necessarily know jack shit about it.  he needs to listen WAAAAY fucking more.

CSB- the night before son's graduation, Milley addressed us parents and the Cadets in a banquet.  As he entered the room, everyone got quiet( not sure out of respect or fear...LOLz) he walks through among the tables towards the center of the room and without a mike, loud enough for 3000 people to hear,  exclaims, " What the hell is going on here.  I thought this was a party!!!" Laughter and Huahs erupted.

The next day I got to hear Mattis give the commencement address.  Originally captain Cheeto had committed to do it, and I was was pretty excited, because regardless of politics, it was the freaking POTUS.   When I heard they were sending the ole Jarhead, i was still excited.  After he gave the address, I wanted to run through walls, and I'm old as fuck.

It was a hellova 24 hours, with regard to history now.

Glad to hear that.  Thanks for sharing.

2 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

After the list of Presidents, individuals and their accomplishments that have happened at that desk, that motherfucker doesn't even deserve to be in any picture featuring that desk, much less the White House.

Blow job from an intern hid under the desk isn't exactly an accomplishment. 

• Haha 1

lol Beto is literally being ripped apart by the left on his voting record currently for VOTING WITH REPUBLICANS TOO OFTEN.

But in Trumplandia, he’s an extremist.

I CANNOT Y’ALL

He might vote a lot with republicans to make nice across the aisle, but did you see he said nice things about those n-words kneeling during the anthem! And he spoke nice with that dike lesbian Ellen! Amd he wants trannys to rape your wife in the women’s shitter!!! And he doesn’t support the wall!!! He wants messican murderers and terrorists to rape your daughter!!! He’s so wacko leftist extremist!!!!

Yeah, slorchy gonna love him some mushroom in October 2020, cause dems let him down by not nominating a centrist like Steve Bannon.

3 hours ago, triplehorn said:

trumps_pence01112017getty.jpg

Hide contents

Eric: Woah, Dad is president.
Ivanka: I don't think this is going to end well.
Donald Jr.: One day, all of this paper will be mine.
Pence: OK, this one time I am going to think about penis. But just this once.

Edited by HornOnTheBayou
  • Like 3

Watching Slorch and the other Trump voters here claim that good and high character isn’t a part of the job description - all the while claiming they’ll never vote for him again (because of the decisions he made in line with his character) - is fucking hilarious. Why won’t you vote for him again? He’s literally done everything he said he would do when you voted for him, well, except make Mexico pay for shit.

What’s even more rich is that the men you claim to admire, like Secretary Mattis, you clearly admire FOR their character. 

Edited by USMCHorn
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

No it doesn't. Not remotely. 

Explain.

Because it's very obvious to those of us who were predicting a Trump win back in the spring if 2016. You have the Democratic party taking working class votes for granted while pursuing policies that were very bad for them. This started with Hillary's husband.

Then you have Trump, a quarter century later, telling those same working class people what they wanted to hear on NAFTA, immigration, coal, tariffs, etc. This was the bad fiscal policy that the Democrats used to champion. Meanwhile, she's not even bothering to visit Wisconsin. Why? because their models said she didn't need to. Why did their models say that? because they were taking those votes for granted.

That's the story.

Now, show me where that's wrong.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Explain.

Because it's very obvious to those of us who were predicting a Trump win back in the spring if 2016. You have the Democratic party taking working class votes for granted while pursuing policies that were very bad for them. This started with Hillary's husband.

Then you have Trump, a quarter century later, telling those same working class people what they wanted to hear on NAFTA, immigration, coal, tariffs, etc. This was the bad fiscal policy that the Democrats used to champion. Meanwhile, she's not even bothering to visit Wisconsin. Why? because their models said she didn't need to. Why did their models say that? because they were taking those votes for granted.

That's the story.

Now, show me where that's wrong.

The reason Hillary lost isn't because she was too conservative. It's not because she was closer to George HW Bush than Trump. You said it was. That was totally wrong and you look foolish for saying so. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Fuck yes, let’s rehash the 2016 election again.

Plenty of reasons Hillary lost but ultimately it boils down to a large segment of the American public being incredibly undereducated, non-participatory in democracy, and woefully misinformed. 

Now show me where that’s wrong.

Trump is a pretty good con man and Hillary was a terrible uninspiring candidate. It's really not that complicated.

23 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Plenty of reasons Hillary lost but ultimately it boils down to a large segment of the American public being incredibly undereducated, non-participatory in democracy, and woefully misinformed. 

tenor.gif?itemid=7699520

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

The reason Hillary lost isn't because she was too conservative. It's not because she was closer to George HW Bush than Trump. You said it was. That was totally wrong and you look foolish for saying so. 

If you can't back up your opinion with evidence, I'm not the one who looks foolish.

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

That's always been true, and it's uninformative as to the specifics of that particular election.

It's not wrong, it's just doesn't say anything useful or meaningful.

(re:hugo/rimbo/2016 discussion)

yeah, that part isn't different.  Different is the polarization of the news media, the social media landscape, the rural/urban cultural and economic divide (which opens into maybe a half dozen huge topics in and of itself).  I'd like to blame the early onset dementia causing boomers to become even shittier than they were already but you can fold that in to the above.  a dash of Russian meddling and right place/right time for an idiot savant of Trump's nature.

Edited by Celery Man

4 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Well also Americans seem to love corrupt, immoral failed businessmen. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, USMCHorn said:

Watching Slorch and the other Trump voters here claim that good and high character isn’t a part of the job description - all the while claiming they’ll never vote for him again (because of the decisions he made in line with his character) - is fucking hilarious. Why won’t you vote for him again? He’s literally done everything he said he would do when you voted for him, well, except make Mexico pay for shit.

What’s even more rich is that the men you claim to admire, like Secretary Mattis, you clearly admire FOR their character. 

Trump's decisions on Syria and ignoring the political advice of his cabinet are character moves?  No they are absolutely political.

Mattis'  being a badass as a military leader  and the widespread respect/ credibility as such is what i have repeatedly cited in the past 48 hours.  

I know,  never give up on your narrative... and don't quit until someone just totally complies...  It's not enough to change my vote.

That is why people don't like dealing with you motherfuckers on the left, and having a  political conversation on this fucking board always turns to this shit.  Always.

Go fuck yourself.

Edited by slorch