Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

2 minutes ago, retread said:

^ It's shit like this that makes me never want to vote R again. The Rs in the Senate could have passed a vanilla spending package along with the House Rs just to get through the holidays. If Trump vetoes it, then override.

They didn't.

That’s because the Republican Party is now the party of trump which of course means its just a collection of evil scumbags fucking shit up. 

On another note, has the trump administration killed/allowed any more sick immigrant kids to die today? Because if so Trump needs something else to tweet about somehow blaming the dems for kids deaths. 

Complete and utter scumbag. I wish I believed in hell so trump could rot in it. Instead I’ll settle for him coming back in his next life as either a fly eating horse shit or a real life gimp like in pulp fiction. 

7 minutes ago, retread said:

^ It's shit like this that makes me never want to vote R again. The Rs in the Senate could have passed a vanilla spending package along with the House Rs just to get through the holidays. If Trump vetoes it, then override.

They didn't.

Actually, the R's in the Senate did pass a vanilla spending package to get through early February, and the President agreed.  Then...the President changed his mind, so the House, specifically Paul Ryan, punted (with an assist from the Freedom Caucus, Rush and Ann Coulter) and here we are.

Edited by Francisco 2.0

2 hours ago, Chrispy said:

I can’t stand Trump on Twitter, but holy shit that is funny. 

No one believes you, fuckface. He's as funny as you're well thought of around here. And yeah, Trump's birther shit is a large part of the reason why the Obamas need extra security. 

Pelosi needs to push through another spending bill, have him veto it and then get the House on record as voting to override his veto. All the feckless Republican pussies can attach their name to their cowardice. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Like 6

6 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Actually, the R's in the Senate did pass a vanilla spending package to get through early February, and the President agreed.  The House, specifically Paul Ryan, punted (with an assist from the Freedom Caucus, Rush and Ann Coulter) and here we are.

Thanks, you're right. I keep thinking about the Turtle's current stance that he won't bring anything to the floor that the president won't sign.

Actually, the R's in the Senate did pass a vanilla spending package to get through early February, and the President agreed.  Then...the President changed his mind, so the House, specifically Paul Ryan, punted (with an assist from the Freedom Caucus, Rush and Ann Coulter) and here we are.

Agreed this shit show rests squarely on Paul Ryan. He could have collected bipartisan votes to pass the Senate funding extension. But the coward punted once Trump switched his mind.

Pelosi should collect the votes to pass the exact same funding bill the Senate passed. Get McConnell to pass it again. If Trump actually vetoes, then collect the votes to override. I am assuming there are enough votes to override, maybe that doesn’t exist. But at some point I assume enough GOP Congresspersons would support such a measure.

The above is all likely just fantasyland. I actually don’t see any real GOP leadership that leads to reopening the government.

3 minutes ago, swraith said:

Agreed this shit show rests squarely on Paul Ryan. He could have collected bipartisan votes to pass the Senate funding extension. But the coward punted once Trump switched his mind.

Pelosi should collect the votes to pass the exact same funding bill the Senate passed. Get McConnell to pass it again. If Trump actually vetoes, then collect the votes to override. I am assuming there are enough votes to override, maybe that doesn’t exist. But at some point I assume enough GOP Congresspersons would support such a measure.

The above is all likely just fantasyland. I actually don’t see any real GOP leadership that leads to reopening the government.

I see this ending as yet another convoluted Trump loyalty test for Senate Republicans.  

They will choose party over country yet again. 

3 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Good idea but sadly I doubt it would because the GOP tactics aren’t trying to appeal to people thoughtful or open minded.  

The Republicans LOVE their bullshit issues ginned up to their ignorant base.  Statues, transgender bathrooms, prayer in school, caravans, abortion, gay marriage, Muslim refugees. 

Yes, these are the issues that will make or break America.

Never mind the broken healthcare system, rising costs of living, climate change, insane amounts of gun violence, increasingly unaffordable higher education, the deficit/debt, or the absurd wealth inequality.  

Those issues are of no importance to the GOP.

We need WALL!

Yes, I wasn't insinuating that the right would soak up anything like education over propaganda.    For my own purposes though it would be nice to have a primer to educate myself with so I can present founded arguments when i get hit in the face with wall talk.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, mdmost said:

No one believes you, fuckface. He's as funny as you're well thought of around here. And yeah, Trump's birther shit is a large part of the reason why the Obamas need extra security. 

Pelosi needs to push through another spending bill, have him veto it and then get the House on record as voting to override his veto. All the feckless Republican pussies can attach their name to their cowardice. 

It’s Trump’s fault? I should’ve known. Anyway, I can’t stand Twitter, so it looks like my reputation has failed me once again. 

• Fuck You 1

Well see we're in a time now where a wall isn't a wall, it's a fence, or it's a gate, or it's armed security. It doesn't matter that the POTUS lies when morons like fake Swam think it's funny because he's just as big a moron as the mouth breather in chief. 

• Like 3

What an embarrassment 

As a matter of law - literally, as a matter of law - our president is completely full of shit. That’s just magical.
So not only do you not have a sense of humor, but you're foolish as well.... LOL.  You're right, there is some humor surrounding this.  
giphy.gif

Watching Trump’s fellaters repeatedly self-own is pretty fucking funny, I gotta say.

2 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

You are correct.  Also, consider the hypothetical:

Shutdown has lasted a week.  You take a sick day or two.  Shutdown goes into second week.  You are scheduled to work...but, because you took off those sick days...you just don't come back to work when you feel like it.  You are off work until the shutdown ends...and you essentially took a non-paid vacation for that time.

Also, this.  You have scheduled vacation prior to the shutdown.  Shutdown occurs...you lost that vacation.  Here's an ABC article about an air traffic controller in that situation.

I’ve had numerous vacations cancelled or cut short for various reasons. Why are we making it sound like government workers are having to deal with something that regular workers haven’t been dealing with forever?

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Huh?

You have scheduled vacation prior to the shutdown.  Shutdown occurs...you lost that vacation. 

I’m saying government workers during this shutdown aren’t the first to lose some vacation days. It sucks, but it’s not some hear-wrenching tragedy.

11 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I’ve had numerous vacations cancelled or cut short for various reasons. Why are we making it sound like government workers are having to deal with something that regular workers haven’t been dealing with forever?

It's one thing to work through your vacation and lose those hours.  It's another thing entirely to not get paid while doing so.

Watching the CNN 2000s right now and realizing how quaint the 2008 campaign seemed in respect to social media.  At the time it was like, "wow, he used that really well to get elected".  In 2018, looking back it's like holy shit.  How did we not see this coming?  Russia was just licking their fucking chops, amongst other foreign actors.  Overall, we are all Bryant Gumbel.  "What's the internet?" or whatever.  Good lord. 

To quote one of my smarter internet brethren from the earlier 2000s who should be way richer than he is, we are "sad, confused, simpletons".  Fuck.