Minneapolis is Burning

F250

Lafayette Square will be open again today as Ft. Dotard has its fencing removed. Looks like that's where I will be protesting at later on.

Edit: Apparently the Secret Service opened it up again right after midnight and let protesters back in.

Edited by UpperWestside
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

Just for the benefit of the next page, the last three minutes are really very powerful (you can start at 31:45).  And those of us who appreciate political philosophy can get down here her (rather animated) discussion of the social contract.

here's the full video... she knows her stuff. having also seen Candace Owens' video earlier this week, i would really like to see the two of them have a debate.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, mchookem said:

here's the full video... she knows her stuff. having also seen Candace Owens' video earlier this week, i would really like to see the two of them have a debate.

It'd be like swatting a fly with a Buick, both intellectually and... well... gravitationally (?)

7 hours ago, mchookem said:

Candace would just lie a lot. There’s nothing to be gained by debate with liars.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

I always felt that was bullshit because the message being sent was they do not trust black people. 

Perhaps it was about data showing which products are most frequently lost to theft and no message was intended at all?

9 minutes ago, SameSame said:

Can we work on getting razor blades freed up too

Edited by WBT
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Candace would just lie a lot. There’s nothing to be gained by debate with liars.

"Cuz it's all like ... and I'm like what? ... Like, whatever, you know ... And they were all like ... so I'm like all ... ."

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HenryJames said:

If you had "unlocking the multicultural hair product case" on your 2020 Bingo Card.  You are today's big winner.  

I was today's years old when our nation's largest retailer announced they'd lock up their rifles and unlock their hair detangler spray.  

13 hours ago, staboner said:

^ well sure, but also needed. it just sadly the way humans and groups of humans have to enact change. We are simply not evolved enough at this time to act ahead of schedule 

maintaining the legitimacy of the police would certainly not bring about any reform.

the POTUS (and federal government in a general sense) has been on a slide for a while with executive overreach and a two party system that is just agreed upon mutually assured pillaging of society. One of the raiders pulled a gun on the other. was bound to happen and we don't have any strong political constructs left to stop it.

what keeps the republic alive is the heart and soul of the revolution. I think it will eventually be fine but will have to deal with the "somewheres". they are bound to the earth they were born on and will not budge forward in any way (countries, religion, racism, multi-cultural-ism, sexism, gay/trans rights, police brutality of minorities, you name it)

(I wish I could watch that video. Jon Oliver videos are blocked down unda for whatever reason). cheers friend

Here's the video of the woman.  This one is 6 mins I think JO just aired the last 3.  

Edited by Post Oak
Someone beat me to it
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, wildcat09 said:

Candace would just lie a lot. There’s nothing to be gained by a debate with liars.

Agreed.  This is a woman of consequence.  Everything she says she feels in her bones.

There's nothing admirable about Owens. She's just an opportunist, to say the least

1 hour ago, SameSame said:

Can we work on getting razor blades freed up too

Not to derail but switch to a safety razor and feather blades. Better shave and way fucking cheaper than the mach 7 or whatever shit is getting peddled these days.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00374F5CY/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_23J4EbQF2WTWX

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001VJ4HHG/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_Q5J4Eb2RTE5EZ

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

Not to derail but switch to a safety razor and feather blades. Better shave and way fucking cheaper than the mach 7 or whatever shit is getting peddled these days.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00374F5CY/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_23J4EbQF2WTWX

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001VJ4HHG/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_Q5J4Eb2RTE5EZ

spacer.png

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

Can someone explain to me what GRHorn's point is?

People have been using grief to explain away a lot of destructive behavior.  Looting, property damage.

And in this case a Dem governor explaining away a hostile autonomous zone in her largest city. I find it laughable. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GRHorn said:

People have been using grief to explain away a lot of destructive behavior.  Looting, property damage.

And in this case a Dem governor explaining away a hostile autonomous zone in her largest city. I find it laughable. 

Does grief not take destructive forms?

Also, who is CHAZ "hostile"? Seems insanely chill.

Following the twitters, getting hard to tell who is legit and who is amping trouble, but things may get dicey for those folks tonight. One person on the scene said that everything was peaceful and folks were watching a movie on a big screen, but the police are mobilizing on the perimeters.

On 6/9/2020 at 9:46 PM, Brothahorn said:

Actually it's very logical and speaks to my problem with the Democratic party and it's lack of accountability.

That part is true.

No, it’s not logical.  Shaun does not explain to me the number of crimes against Blacks by police when both D and R are running the city.  If your show me that data and it comes out on top on a consistent basis that the theme emerges that when Rs run a city, less Black people are harassed or killed per capita compared to Whites, then it would be logical.

But he doesn’t because it’s fucking Shaun King, and he’s a known fraud. 

On 6/10/2020 at 6:17 PM, TornACL said:

Dear police, 

If the airlines had a 99% success rate, and only 1% of flights resulted in passengers being injured or killed, the airline CEOs would be dragged by their short hairs to D.C. to testify before congress before being fired. 

And if their testimony before congress was to say that there are just a few bad apple pilots and mechanics, it wouldn't save them or their organizations.

An organization that is ok with the idea of "We only mess up sometimes!" and thinks that's even close to a reasonable excuse, in addition to resisting transparency or accountability at every turn, is an organization that needs to be wiped totally clean and rebuilt from the ground up. 

Thanks....Chris Rock!

38 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

I mean the Jews would have done it, but they had no legal power to do so, so they took it to the Romans to do their dirty work. The state killed Jesus.

"Never forget in the story of Jesus, the hero was killed by the state" RTJ4

I've read some research that posits situations where Jewish communities utilized crucifixion in one form or another, but for the most part your comment is accurate. 

It's amazing how terrified a bunch of tough guy conservative white guys are of a rag tag group of stoned hippies having a drum circle over a few blocks. Seems like y'all might need to get your T-levels checked and up your dosages.

I recommend not ever going to the greenbelt for you folks. At least not without your anxiety pills.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BradInATX said:

It's amazing how terrified a bunch of tough guy conservative white guys are of a rag tag group of stoned hippies having a drum circle over a few blocks. Seems like y'all might need to get your T-levels checked and up your dosages.

I recommend not ever going to the greenbelt for you folks. At least not without your anxiety pills.

And the police lost to these hippies.