Jimbo 2023: Watch.The.Tape.

golfclap

The BMDs have plenty of leverage if Jimbo wants to continue recruiting successfully. But if he really doesn’t give a shit he could tell them to fuck off and collect his checks while the program disintegrates without funding. It’ll be an entertaining one either way.

• Hook 'Em 1

Or Jimbo could tell them to fuck off and negotiate a buyout to go coach at WV. I'm starting to think this isn't out of the realm of possibility. 

Jimbo will have already made $40 million after this season. Then let's say he gets another $10 to 20 million in a buyout. I know there's a lot of guaranteed money left on the table but he's already loaded. Plus, he would still get a decent salary at WV. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed

47 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Or Jimbo could tell them to fuck off and negotiate a buyout to go coach at WV. I'm starting to think this isn't out of the realm of possibility. 

Jimbo will have already made $40 million after this season. Then let's say he gets another $10 to 20 million in a buyout. I know there's a lot of guaranteed money left on the table but he's already loaded. Plus, he would still get a decent salary at WV. 

Just make boosters pay full buyout spread out further over time so WV pays ZERO for Jimbo for 10+ years 🤣

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Rickylovesweed said:

He’d have to be the dumbest person alive to accept a negotiated buyout of 10-20% of what he’s owed. 

• Hook 'Em 5

Based on this article he'd only be due $21 million this year and $7.1 million 180 days after firing every year until 2031. Are these guys dumb enough to think they'll be able to do anything with $7 million in dead money for the next decade? Any coach they hired would have to be worth his salary plus the $7 million being paid to fisher. Imagine them effectively paying $15 million for Gary Kubiak

Screenshot_20221003_073248.thumb.jpg.00d75437ce508a431e662bae3ff64c2e.jpg

https://boardroom.tv/jimbo-fisher-salary-buyout-contract-texas-am/

Edited by Sir Ulrich
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I don’t believe he played baseball this past season. Full participant in aggy spring football. The family has said over again and over again that Conner is 100% focused on football. So much so that no MLB teams drafted him. 

The kid is getting really poor advice. With all the supplemental picks, he probably would have gone in the first or second round of the MLB draft and he’d be sitting on a 7 figure nest egg. 

to be clear, this is because he was an EE and on campus at A&M, not because nobody thought he was draftable.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

he has a *fully guaranteed* contract. no buyout. fully guaranteed.

he isn't taking anything less than the full amount, nor should he.

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 4

That link doesn’t mention whether or not future salary would be subtracted from the amount owed, or if he could get 7MM from aggy and 5 mm from wva simultaneously. 

1 minute ago, NoName said:

to be clear, this is because he was an EE and on campus at A&M, not because nobody thought he was draftable.

Does that move his draft eligibility up a year?

On 9/25/2022 at 4:18 AM, Bruh Man said:

Big win for the Aggies tonight versus a top 10 in primetime! Did it with a two-deep littered w/ underclassmen too.

It looks like Hill is locked in to them, Hicks is trending their way, and Bowen, who Gerry Hamilton said is going to be a star, is on flip watch.  

Meanwhile, you are twerking for OANN Gundy on the Football board two weeks after getting drunk and tagging me 100x like a stalker. 😂

Enjoy the views bitch. 

Come back on the board after taking post-Tech week off to see this. aggy never changes.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Come back on the board after taking post-Tech week off to see this. aggy never changes.

I did the same thing. Had a lot going on and outside of OU losing to KSU, that weekend sucked massive cock, so I did the healthy thing and focused on actual important shit in my life and not the religion of college football. I don't know what pulled me back in more, ATM and OU getting boat raced or Texas looking competent and winning a game they should have after the choke job in Lubbock. 

• Hook 'Em 9

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I did the same thing. Had a lot going on and outside of OU losing to KSU, that weekend sucked massive cock, so I did the healthy thing and focused on actual important shit in my life and not the religion of college football. I don't know what pulled me back in more, ATM and OU getting boat raced or Texas looking competent and winning a game they should have after the choke job in Lubbock. 

The Texas program hasn't been able to give us enjoyable seasons in a very long time so I made a point of enjoying the hell out of this very enjoyable weekend. Don't forget the rapists losing too.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TommyGufano said:

someone from my hs used that code their first semester at college when he left a very good school with some sort of mental breakdown; he ended up transferring to A&M

/csb

Strange.  I would think you go to A&M and then have a mental breakdown from having to live in that shit hole.  

• Hook 'Em 1

The funny thing is that happened with Jimbo Fisher at FSU. I've seen Foster do this a few times and I'm pretty sure it's something that Fisher wants his OL to do. 

I'm convinced this guy might be a total moron. 

Spoiler

Florida State coach Jimbo Fisher says the freeze has roots in the Bowden coaching tree. He thinks Terry Bowden might have installed it at Samford, where Fisher began his coaching career in the early 1990s.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/os-xpm-2010-11-18-os-florida-state-line-play-1119-20101118-story.html

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I don’t have sympathy for the Fosters. Mom should stay off of message boards, and if she’s going to post, do it anonymously.

Nope. Dumb red ass aggy chasing clout on TexAgs. This was never going to end well. 

I don't know if she also posts on 247 but they are down right dirty on him right now.  Oh well, he chose poorly.  

3 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I think they're going to start King for Alabama and take their beating. Then it will be the bye week to give Weigman 2 weeks to prepare.  

Assuming King can survive that beating the whole game. Might see Weigman sooner than they’d like. 

• Hook 'Em 3

18 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Maybe eventually but Weigman can't be good if he was incapable of beating out King and Johnson. 

The problem now for Weigman is their best WR is injured so you're throwing him into an even bigger dumpster fire. 

Jimbo hates playing freshmen because his playbook is the size of War & Peace, but Weigman might be able to athlete his way out of bad situations in a way King and Johnson can't. 

• Hook 'Em 3