Jimbo 2023: Watch.The.Tape.

golfclap

On 10/2/2022 at 4:00 PM, billfromlaketravis said:

Does anybody have Sumlin vs Jimbo minus the FCS wins? I could have sworn Sumlin is way ahead against D1 opponents. 

Sumlin (first 5 seasons)

2012: 10-2 v D1

2013: 9-4 v D1

2014: 7-5 v D1

2015: 7-5 v D1

2016: 7-5 v D1

Total: 40-21 v D1 (66% win)

Jimbo

2018: 7-4 v D1

2019: 7-5 v D1

2020: 9-1 v D1

2021: 7-4 v D1

2022: 2-2 v D1

Total: 32-16 v D1 (66% win)

Caveats: I just eyeballed all of this. I'm probably not 100% certain on who is a very low tier d1 vs d2, so I might be off a game here and there.

Both coaches have outlier high periods, and otherwise revert to their mean around 7-4/5 against d1 opponents.

I was tempted to put a $/win by each year for each coach, but I've spent enough time here already.

Edited by Bill Lumbergh

2 hours ago, tokamak said:

I've been assuming all along that aggy would eventually meet Owens's price and be fine at RB. Let's not forget that he's really fucking good.

What happened with LJ Johnson? Everyone wanted him badly, us included.

He doesn't like football. It became clear when he graduated early and didn't pick a school until after the deadline to enroll, and didn't show up to aggy until the summer.

8 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Stuck playing their season starting QB .... I just can't see Jimbo playing Weigman right now... it would take away all doubt of who he is and would take away the "wait" till next year when we have a real QB in there.

You think King can make it through the rest of the season without getting injured? I'm guessing we see Weigman within the next game or two.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Sumlin (first 5 seasons)

2012: 10-2 v D1

2013: 9-4 v D1

2014: 7-5 v D1

2015: 7-5 v D1

2016: 7-5 v D1

Total: 40-21 v D1 (66% win)

Jimbo

2018: 7-4 v D1

2019: 7-5 v D1

2020: 9-1 v D1

2021: 7-4 v D1

2022: 2-2 v D1

Total: 32-16 v D1 (66% win)

Caveats: I just eyeballed all of this. I'm probably not 100% certain on who is a very low tier d1 vs d2, so I might be off a game here and there.

Both coaches have outlier high periods, and otherwise revert to their mean around 7-4/5 against d1 opponents.

I was tempted to put a $/win by each year for each coach, but I've spent enough time here already.

Are you counting the bowl forfeit where the Fightin' Texas Aggies from Texas tucked their tails and pissed themselves?

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

Does A&M have the capability to run a quick game like some do to get the ball out of the QB's hands in a hurry? 

I honestly don't know.

King actually makes fairly quick decisions - they're just shitty decisions.  And his arm sucks.  And he sucks.  And he has no pocket presence.  And he has no lateral quickness.

Just as a comparison - here is the 'Time to Throw' for aggy and Texas.  Look at his time to sack compared to Texas and his competition.

image.png.55a4cd421c01ceaeab95cc978b993333.png

Despite all of King's 'athleticism' his time to throw while scrambling is only a hundredth of a second more than Johnson.

King's time to sack is a full two-tenths of a second less than Johnson - so either his OL hates him or he's fucking terrible in the pocket 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

I thought he was referring to the manager of the Phillies that won the World Series in 1980

4 minutes ago, WBT said:

Too soon

That would be a hell of a way to witness the start of the zombie apocalypse. The angry, bloated corpse of Dallas Green storming the field in Tuscaloosa and singling out and mauling Haynes King for some reason on live TV. Grim. 

• Haha 5

32 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Howell

Fed-XtZXwAA2byV?format=jpg&name=mediumFed-YPfWAAAl3Ts?format=jpg&name=mediumFed-YzkXgAkrHlT?format=jpg&name=mediumFed-ZfRXwAAYHaH?format=jpg&name=medium

in case anyone is curious where TJ Shanahan is across the industry after the most recent updates:

image.thumb.png.0fa8e3ccacf2e381a198d4502f5fb08b.png

what a wild scenario. can't think of anyone in recent memory who has been top 10 with 1 group and then outside the top 100 in others or even unranked overall.