Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust

RGBIII

5 minutes ago, RichUT said:

Really feels like we could spend some time brainstorming alternative wagering stakes around here. You know, maybe come up with something that doesn’t end with a fist in the ass?

Just a thought.

Speak for yourself 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I love how every few minutes for the last twelve years, adding up to tens of thousands of posts, some Internet tough guy comes onto a thread of shaggy/surly and calls everyone a pussy for contemplating a bad potential future outcome of some event - only to see future outcomes actually turn out worse than was ever contemplated. Twelve years and counting. 

Whatever. Pussy. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I love how every few minutes for the last twelve years, adding up to tens of thousands of posts, some Internet tough guy comes onto a thread of shaggy/surly and calls everyone a pussy for contemplating a bad potential future outcome of some event - only to see future outcomes actually turn out worse than was ever contemplated. Twelve years and counting. 

Don't be such a pussy

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Barbacoa said:

No one knows anything except what Ewers' camp wants people to "know". 

My feeling, based on zero information, is we are receiving the West Texas squeeze from Ewers' agents. 

This is the new way things are done for the super high profile recruits. You want the top QB recruit in the nation? Be prepared to pay up. There wont be any leaks or information from Ewers' camp unless its something they want to get out there, whether true or not. The Tech power brokers are more than happy to make this as difficult and expensive as possible for us. This may not even be the last school he uses as leverage. I wouldnt be surprised if a&m sniffed this out and said they arent interested in getting their fans hopes up and upsetting Weigman just to be used for leverage. 

Gun to my head, Ewers will be a Horn. (Now I will make my peace with God in case it gets blown off.) 

Agree aggy sniffed this out.  They have spent a lot of money and momentum is high, they still have big targets and more money to raise.  No reason to get used as leverage in this deal.  

Un-fucking believable, this is aggy we’re talking about being intuitive or even smart when it comes to anything?   College football has gone completely fucking insane. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Think about that for a second. Your star wide receiver changed his twitter avi to a pic of a transfer portal QB before either of the two starting QBs who are “on paper” to compete for the starting job again next year are out the door.

Yeah, Xavier gives two shits about hurting the feels of a couple of guys that tried to injure him multiple times with their shitty throws. Though Card's dime to him in the Kansas game was probably the best throw by either QB all season.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Think about that for a second. Your star wide receiver changed his twitter avi to a pic of a transfer portal QB before either of the two starting QBs who are “on paper” to compete for the starting job again next year are out the door.

Xavier is here to talk about the elephant in the room. He also tells you when you have food stuck in your teeth or a booger in your nose.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Yeah, Xavier gives two shits about hurting the feels of a couple of guys that tried to injure him multiple times with their shitty throws. Though Card's dime to him in the Kansas game was probably the best throw by either QB all season.

Yep. Xavier wants to fucking win and work hard.  His work ethic, willingness to play hurt and just flat out passion was on display and stood out on this team. And he wants more high level ball players

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

IF, Ewers is using Tech and knowingly on his way here, he’s taking quite a dump on those yokels that’s gonna leave quite a scar on them. Or a gaping wound on us should he end up there. Either way, someone is being subjected to a degree of program cruelty when all said and done. Lol!

One more reason why he deserves his bad mothafucka award
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Ah yes Xavier "actively recruiting every potential transfer to UT after a historically great season" Worthy is ready to hit the portal. Uh huh.

Yeah..."worthy is so disgusted with Texas that he's thinking about portaling to a team Texas hung 70 on" is a pretty good take. 

5 minutes ago, Wishbone said:

IF, Ewers is using Tech and knowingly on his way here, he’s taking quite a dump on those yokels that’s gonna leave quite a scar on them. Or a gaping wound on us should he end up there. Either way, someone is being subjected to a degree of program cruelty when all said and done. Lol!

Batteries will be thrown next year when we travel to Lubbock 

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, Barbacoa said:

Next Worthy is just going to change his avatar to @closetohumping 's venmo code. 

I'd glaadly pay 1k to get Ewers.  When I return, I shall join Burnt ends and get in on some of the NIL @immamac is facilitating.  Return from vacation.

Ewers will end the year as the starter, no doubt.  Not positive he beats out Casey or Card by game 1.  And @closetojumping and I agreed on an injury clause.

36 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

*WVU game had the best deep ball dime for a TD all season 🎯

2 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Ewers is important like Simms was important for Mack. It was perception and the ability to influence other recruits. Simms signing to Texas instantly raised the perception of Texas among recruits. Barbers recently talked about that. Ewers may end up being mediocre, but if he comes to Texas it will instantly change the perception of the program. 

Agreed.   Texas needs one of Ewers or Manning.  

5 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

And Rojo. Also talked to a source who said theu wouldn’t be surprised if Malik followed Ewers to Tech.

i mean at least it makes sense as tech is national powerhouse and not some random school that no one outside of the conference ever gives a passing thought to.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

I'd glaadly pay 1k to get Ewers.  When I return, I shall join Burnt ends and get in on some of the NIL @immamac is facilitating.  Return from vacation.

Ewers will end the year as the starter, no doubt.  Not positive he beats out Casey or Card by game 1.  And @closetojumping and I agreed on an injury clause.

Is the clause specific to vas deferens injury, or overall?

1 hour ago, ATXbronco said:

image.thumb.png.873b9fa63e0288dadec87e266763b284.png

I'm honestly not trying to rag on the guy, I don't know anything about him.  However, he isn't even a rated prospect... not even a low rating... just no rating at all.  This is actually a good indicator of the type of talent that QE will be surrounded by at Tech.  Look at Kingsbury.  He did terrible there and now looks like he might have Super Bowls in his future in the NFL.  The Lubbock logistics just fucking matter.  It might as well not even be in Texas in regards to how close it is relative to the football talent in the state. 

https://247sports.com/player/tavares-elston-46128578/

Edited by RabidM

• RGBIII changed the title to Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust