Deion Sanders "Coach Prime" Now At Colorado

Don Johnson

17 hours ago, animaltobacco11 said:

Yep. That's the more graphic version of what I was implying-- Deion screwed over a lot of folks, wittingly or unwittingly, and Pepperidge Farm remembers. 

Maybe it wasn't an active or purposeful thing, but like you said, his name and likeness was the marketing and on the building. No different than Trump University.

Yep.   That Bishop Sycamore situation reminded me a lot of what occurred at Prime.  

I was surprised when he got the Jackson State job due to the fallout at Prime.   But I believe in redemption too, so more more to him for what he’s done at JSU and now CU.   He did leave JSU in a better place.  They got a new field house out his era that meets the bling standards expected by recruits these days where the old one was a relic from the 80’s. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, NoName said:

Once again if you don't see the difference between CBs like Cormani McClain and Hunter and a QB when it comes to deion recruiting them Idk what to say.

Then make that point in your original comment, chief (or flesh it out better). It wasn't clear what you meant. 

It doesn't matter what position Deion played, him getting Hunter to flip to JSU was insanity. His current QB - while his kid - is fucking tearing it up and from the eye test is one of the best FBS QBs in the country. His OC/QB coach seriously knows what he's doing. I don't think it's that outlandish to suggest that they could land a big time QB recruit or get a high profile QB to transfer. Whether it's the kid that's enamored with Michigan or not. 

You don't think QBs are watching this offense and saying "damn that looks like a lot of fun"? Especially considering they have been able to get some very good skill position talent out there?

To clarify - I don't think the Michigan kid goes there - but I bet someone else will. I wouldn't put it past Deion to sell ice to an Eskimo at this point. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Like 1

Then make that point in your original comment, chief (or flesh it out better). It wasn't clear what you meant. 
It doesn't matter what position Deion played, him getting Hunter to flip to JSU was insanity. His current QB - while his kid - is fucking tearing it up and from the eye test is one of the best FBS QBs in the country. His OC/QB coach seriously knows what he's doing. I don't think it's that outlandish to suggest that they could land a big time QB recruit or get a high profile QB to transfer. Whether it's the kid that's enamored with Michigan or not. 
You don't think QBs are watching this offense and saying "damn that looks like a lot of fun"? Especially considering they have been able to get some very good skill position talent out there?
To clarify - I don't think the Michigan kid goes there - but I bet someone else will. I wouldn't put it past Deion to sell ice to an Eskimo at this point. 
This. It's not just about Underwood. He might come, he might not. But they are going to have one hell of a recruiting class.

Deion will go where Deion wants to go. I don’t see him staying at Colorado because like JSU, the stage is too small, the money too small. Sure they are getting all the attention now but it will die down. If CU replaces the role of OU in the Big12 it’s still going to be smaller taters that the others.

If he continues to win he will get recruited to an SEC school as it will continue to dominate as the premier league, it’s the football culture he grew up in, and the money will be far larger, the recruiting easier, the media hype larger.

It’s not a black thing. Deion doesn’t just rattle some white folks but he challenges many in the black elites as well. That’s because Deion figured out his path in high school to be bigger than his talent. It’s about the various characters he has built around Prime whether playing football and baseball, being a sports media personality, coach. This is partly ministry as well.

His Coach Prime thing isn’t a black thing. We’ve had lots of black head coaches so that’s not unique and neither is his swagger. Coaches at a high level generally have spent years going from gig to gig, building a CV, tying to certain coaching trees, to get to the big jobs. Part of that is adopting the standard personna of “the coach” which is no different than most careers whether lawyers, engineers, or fast food managers. So head coaches, white or black, are fairly interchangeable. Deion is different because he’s made his money and started coaching as a head coach as his third career. Paid no dues but also didn’t rise up thru that culture. Probably breeds some resentment with coaches like Ruhle or a Sonny dykes.

I expect Deion will eventually move to a premier SEC school, like replacing Saban or Kelly or Sark, or FSU. Or he may tire of the bullshit, and leave coaching behind once his kids are done, to return to media or do something else.

10 minutes ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

College Football has been riding Coach Prime hard as an underdog, and they'll ride him even harder as a heel. The guy is a ratings machine so far.

This is why LSU makes the most sense. Those coonasses love being the heel. Texas and Bama think everybody should love them and can't understand when they dont. I guess the burglers fall into the previous category as well but i dont want to think about it

CU is still gonna win...but this is exactly what I was talking about.

Success rate drops.

Explosive play rate drops.

Red zone success rate drops.

Havoc rate given up is high.

Can't stop the run

IMG_1804.thumb.jpeg.9f74c416f2f9fcdb17d989c32fa56132.jpeg

Worst case of like 95 percent of the first half but this is everything going wrong that can.

And they havent run at all basically. 

Edit: halftime 

IMG_1805.thumb.jpeg.268992c7aae9bb484aff7ca130b3a499.jpeg

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 2

On 9/15/2023 at 6:30 PM, closetohumping said:

Isn’t norvell part black?

Ummmm... Which rule are we going by? 

Traditional American or Global?

3 minutes ago, Helobious said:

If he can just finish 3-6 the rest of the way they’re going bowling. 

ASU got shut out. Stanford lost to something called Sacramento State. They just have to find one more. I hope Hunter is OK. No. 11 probably should stay out of bars for a while