Fuck Big 12 refs

taybo20

1 hour ago, Jiggy-Z said:

I gotta think the conference wants best possible rep for post season, and that is obviously Texas this year.

If anything, the calls should go in Texas' favor. The only reason they wouldn't would be to avoid a blow out which would also minimize "star power" in CCG.

So look for what appears to be a fairly called game.

This has to be schtick, right?

Right?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Skipper said:

In addition to the clear bias, the other thing that sucks about this crew is that they constantly stop play and huddle for seemingly no reason.  This damn game will take 5 hours.

They seem to consistently do it at opportune times to break our momentum. 

If I saw correctly, there was at least one play on Saturday that they held us up on the snap for KU to substitute when we had not substituted. That’s an easy way to break momentum and most people won’t even notice. Thankfully we took Saturday out of their hands. 

Edited by Tex Pete
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Jiggy-Z said:

I gotta think the conference wants best possible rep for post season, and that is obviously Texas this year.

If anything, the calls should go in Texas' favor. The only reason they wouldn't would be to avoid a blow out which would also minimize "star power" in CCG.

So look for what appears to be a fairly called game.

What GIF

Trolling ass mf

40 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

They seem to consistently do it at opportune times to break our momentum. 

If I saw correctly, there was at least one play on Saturday that they held us up on the snap for KU to substitute when we had not substituted. That’s an easy way to break momentum and most people won’t even notice. Thankfully we took Saturday out of their hands. 

I looked into this because I've seen it other games. 

The refs are holding the ball when they play goes out-bounds into the offense's bench even when the offense doesn't substitute.  This actually makes a whole lot of sense as the refs can't really keep track of every player entering and leaving the sideline, and the offense can't try to fool the officials/defense with a quick swap.

Basically, they are told to hold the ball when players leave the bench area even if it is not a subsititute.

Edited by JBJ

3 hours ago, Cajun said:

This has to be schtick, right?

Right?

A little bit, but it is more of looking at it from a "conference" point of view than a "This individual crew hates us" point if view. Not saying the Big12 is going to be reasonable, but it is on their best interest to call a fair game or even one that is biased toward Texas...this year.

For whatever reason, the calls seem to be less egregious this year compared to this point last year.

1 hour ago, Cajun said:

Bottom line is these refs are way too involved in outcomes and they are far from impartial.

Agree. Back especially in Herman's tenure, the games were almost unwatchable due to start stop, replay, ref bufoonery etc., to say nothing about whether the call was even correct.

• Hook 'Em 1

The refs are holding the ball when they play goes out-bounds into the offense's bench even when the offense doesn't substitute.  This actually makes a whole lot of sense as the refs can't really keep track of every player entering and leaving the sideline, and the offense can't try to fool the officials/defense with a quick swap.
Basically, they are told to hold the ball when players leave the bench area even if it is not a subsititute.

Didn’t Chip Kelly swap players out like that? Just have guys trot on the field if the ball was over there?

6 hours ago, JBJ said:

Interesting.  So I guess the cardinal rule of hurry up is don't run sweeps to your own sideline.  And fix the AC in your opponent's locker room 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Not a huge deal for refs to delay snap, other than disrupting tempo, but they need to not be running the play clock while not allowing play. Seems that some other conferences do stop the clock while D subs come in. They should be letting the play proceed when the D subs are lollygagging, and/or hitting them with Delay penalties.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

16 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

The way to stop the slow subbing is to release the ball for play before they are set, if they are moving too slowly. Get bit once or twice with that, and players will adjust. 

It's different for this year.  The defense is on a 5-second clock I believe after the finishes its subsitutition.

They wanted to make the first 10 seconds of every snap a substitution period, but that was majorly opposed by the coaches.

Edited by JBJ

11 hours ago, Cajun said:

Calling out what is ≠ hand wringing.

If however, the fuckery affects the game’s outcome, what then? My only remedy is Texas stiff the B12 in the exit fee, if not already paid. Game changing refuckery may need to go full South American soccer referee justice in order to reign it in. Just sayin’.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Why the B12 would dislike Texas more than OU. 

The other schools in Texas (and Oklahoma) hate an “up” Texas. An “up” Texas means fantastic ratings and demand for tickets, sure. It also means that the Lubbock Walmart is selling more UT gear than Tech gear. It means that most of Waco is rooting for Texas, not Baylor. It means FW newspaper subscribers gripe about Mac Engel writing too much about TCU and not enough about Texas. 

And don’t even ask about Houston. 

OU is different. They’ve seen what a dominant Sooner program is like and they can live with that. For the other programs in state and nearby, the best Longhorns program is a good, but beatable program. They have had that for almost fifteen glorious (for the other B12 schools) years. 

This is the last season any of these Lilliputians wil have any possibility of impact on Texas. I’m sure they know that.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, JBJ said:

the play texpete cited - we didn't go out of bounds

• Hook 'Em 2

11 hours ago, Jiggy-Z said:

A little bit, but it is more of looking at it from a "conference" point of view than a "This individual crew hates us" point if view. Not saying the Big12 is going to be reasonable, but it is on their best interest to call a fair game or even one that is biased toward Texas...this year.

For whatever reason, the calls seem to be less egregious this year compared to this point last year.

the conference has already made it known that they consider Texas and OU are de-facto SEC teams this year.  sure their best interest is Texas or OU logically but....yormark

On 10/2/2023 at 3:28 PM, cochamps said:

There is a post on the RRS thread stating that we will get the Kevin Mar crew for our game Saturday.  He is the ref from Omaha who called both the Oklahoma State and Baylor games last year.

In those two games that crew assessed a total of one penalty for two total yards against our opponents (1 penalty - 2 yards).  We were penalized 19 times for 138 yards in those two games (19 penalties - 138 yards).  Yormark rewarded the crew with the honor of calling the Big XII CCG in Jerryworld, and now he is sending them to Dallas.  Buckle up!

That's why he won't be at the game.

On 10/2/2023 at 5:57 PM, Nueces River Rat said:

I knew we’d get that Mother Fucker and his bastards for this game…..

OU fans are claiming he has disdain for OU as well.    I bet my bottom dollar we end up with more penalty yards and a questionable ejection than OU.   

Fuck this conference forever.   

Questionable ejection - probably Ewers sliding for a first down and getting called for targeting when a sooner blows him up mid-slide.

3 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Nahlin posted that Mar is not officiating the game on Saturday. I guess too much attention would have caused a lot of blowback.

If true then this is why calling this shit out at every possible turn isn’t whining nor hand wringing.

It’s putting sunlight on the Big 12 cheating virus and it is effective.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 1

7 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Nahlin posted that Mar is not officiating the game on Saturday. I guess too much attention would have caused a lot of blowback.

And if Surly had a small part of it… Good!   But he will be assigned to  a future game and it wouldn’t shock me it’s the K State game as the Asst Rig 12 Commish hit man 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

And if Surly had a small part of it… Good!   But he will be assigned to  a future game and it wouldn’t shock me it’s the K State game as the Asst Rig 12 Commish hit man 

Yes,  TX/OU is a waste of his particular skillset.  He'll happen to show up for a "trap game" which isn't in the national spotlight.  

Refs can’t affect the game if we dominate. Fuck all this handwringing

We were kicking OSU’s ass in 2015. Refs took away turnovers for, and lots of big plays by Texas. In 2021, they packaged the rrs for OUsux. This year they ignore false starts, intentional grounding, holding, hands to the face and DPI. They also shorten the field for opponents with very generous spots and are less generous to the team in burnt orange.

If the talent is close these things matter. If the talent is not so close, they just ramp up the fuckery.

Some old yet fresh memories from OU games of the past.

2006. We won anyway, but there was a Tarell Brown play. The ref was 5 foot from him. Unobstructed. Brown was molested. No call. It just stuck in my mind. It didn’t matter but it’s certainly a recollection that OU was not concerned about repercussions. That was their mentality throughout the Stoops years.

John Harris hold in probably 2014. Swoopes ran for 70 or so yards. Called back. Less blatant than hundreds of Sooner non-calls (and not just against us mind you). First half OU has one penalty on special teams. They had 28 yards. We had 11 penalties that day. OU 3.

2016. The game is back and forth. Interception. Just watched the replay again. Looks like a simultaneous catch. They give it to the defense/OU. Neither player can wrestle it away from the other but Foreman stands up with the ball eventually. It was on our sideline even. You can’t tell if the OU ever has two hands on the ball.

Auston English hit on Colt. Ceedee falling on his butt and Roach tapping him and receiving an ejection. Murray putting his helmet on Sam’s chin yet nothing.

Lots in 2021. Their two long runs with blatant holds at the point of attack. And of course the ineligible receiver non -call.

I’m almost ready. Let’s maul them.

Some old yet fresh memories from OU games of the past.

2006. We won anyway, but there was a Tarell Brown play. The ref was 5 foot from him. Unobstructed. Brown was molested. No call. It just stuck in my mind. It didn’t matter but it’s certainly a recollection that OU was not concerned about repercussions. That was their mentality throughout the Stoops years.

John Harris hold in probably 2014. Swoopes ran for 70 or so yards. Called back. Less blatant than hundreds of Sooner non-calls (and not just against us mind you). First half OU has one penalty on special teams. They had 28 yards. We had 11 penalties that day. OU 3.

2016. The game is back and forth. Interception. Just watched the replay again. Looks like a simultaneous catch. They give it to the defense/OU. Neither player can wrestle it away from the other but Foreman stands up with the ball eventually. It was on our sideline even. You can’t tell if the OU ever has two hands on the ball.

Auston English hit on Colt. Ceedee falling on his butt and Roach tapping him and receiving an ejection. Murray putting his helmet on Sam’s chin yet nothing.

Lots in 2021. Their two long runs with blatant holds at the point of attack. And of course the ineligible receiver non -call.

I’m almost ready. Let’s maul them.

Username checks out

7 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Refs are out off control here lol

Missed intentional grounding he wasn't outside the tackle box 

2 minutes ago, Kennythetiger said:

Refs doing everything they can to help the longhorns but we keep shooting ourselves in the foot. 

Feels like they just don’t want to call penalties for either team.