Fuck Big 12 refs

taybo20

1 hour ago, BurgleBro said:

I still don't get why it's just us not OU.  Why do they get to hold

This board is in for utter meltdown if nothing changes into the future and OU continues to hold for free

The conference has disliked Texas since the LHN. They think that’s their money, not Texas’. We didn’t support the fiction that there was any value in their tier 3 rights by rolling ours in with theirs and sharing it all. (OU fed that anger

Leaving the conference just made it worse. OU would never admit it, but the IR8 may know the Sooners needed Texas to come along to join the SEC. 

• Hook 'Em 2

42 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

OU fans aren't thrilled with officiating from Big 12 for the past two years either and have the same complaints we have.

If SEC refs even call half of the holds that the Big 12 ignores OU is going to be in for a very rude awakening.  No one benefits more on a year in year out basis from that than the Sooners.

Tech is right up there, but they do much less with it in the W/L aspect.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, statsman said:

The conference has disliked Texas since the LHN. They think that’s their money, not Texas’. We didn’t support the fiction that there was any value in their tier 3 rights by rolling ours in with theirs and sharing it all. (OU fed that anger

Leaving the conference just made it worse. OU would never admit it, but the IR8 may know the Sooners needed Texas to come along to join the SEC. 

Yep, Texas is the "Evil Empire" as far as the conference is concerned.  Anyone trying to make an equivalence, as far as how they think, between Texas and ou is really not seeing things clearly.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Cajun said:

Yep, Texas is the "Evil Empire" as far as the conference is concerned.  Anyone trying to make an equivalence, as far as how they think, between Texas and ou is really not seeing things clearly.

Agreed, and I wasn't trying to make an equivalence with my comment but just noting that they have noticed a dramatic shift as well.

9 hours ago, Cajun said:

I think the equivalence is in the blue blood status.  They're the bell cows for the conference, and without Texas or blOU, the conference is REALLY hurting.  I really think Yormark is in a hard spot right now, because he blows his load at the thought of screwing over Texas (and this year, OU, too), but needs us to keep the money flowing to build up the coffers for the Rig12 in the next few years.

That said, the idea that Rig12 refs like to keep the games as close as possible to keep fanbases engaged through the 4th quarter is looking more and more true.

• Rage+1 2

1 minute ago, PvilleStang said:

That said, the idea that Rig12 refs like to keep the games as close as possible to keep fanbases engaged through the 4th quarter is looking more and more true.

So their brand will be “most exciting games every week!*”

*of our own making bc we have incompetent heavy handed officiating for whichever side leads to the most interesting outcome 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

8 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

Holding is the worst, but I’d like to see data for all non-procedural penalties. 

Pass interference is not too far behind. 

And it was in Herman's tenure but I've still never seen before or since a play reviewd for offensive pass interference that wasn't called live. That happened to Texas 3 games in a row, and all 3 ended up being flagged. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 3

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

So their brand will be “most exciting games every week!*”

*of our own making bc we have incompetent heavy handed officiating for whichever side leads to the most interesting outcome 

I am not sure if refball is really the big crowd pleaser this strategy assumes.

5 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

SIAP...

I thought they picked up the first down watching live, but for all the bitching from Houston (and Aggies for some reason), there hasn’t been a single definitive angle or screen grab I’ve seen that proves that the spot was bad. Because it doesn’t exist, otherwise it would be everywhere. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

I am not sure if refball is really the big crowd pleaser this strategy assumes.

They've been doing it for 5 years. Every fucking game is a last drive wins it or overtime. Every fucking game there's critical calls or missed calls or reviews or something with the officials that changes the game that everyone talks about...instead of the play on the field. 

I thought it was just Texas games with the rig 12 but I watched Florida play Miami in Orlando for a week 0 a few years ago. Same stupid fucking shit. Miami fans around us couldn't believe it lol. Listen in the highlights how many times the announcers couldn't believe who came up with the fumbles and how many flags were thrown. More penalty yards than rushing yards for both teams.

Penalties -

Miami - 14-118

Florida - 9-100

image.png

5 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Pass interference is not too far behind. 

Yes offensive holding and defensive PI calls ONLY go against us.  I love the haters focusing on that one spot and ignoring the 20 uncalled holds on the UH Oline.  Dishonest sacks of shit.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, PvilleStang said:

I still can't believe they didn't have more cameras out there.  Like maybe a pilon cam?  A goal-line cam?  Did Fox leave the trailer parked unlocked overnight and get all their crap stolen?!

It's a skeleton crew stuffed into a HS stadium. 

Here's the Zeus-cam during the game catching another "missed" facemask by the rig12

Damn the iphone14 is a pretty legit camera

image.png

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 5

Really conferences shouldn’t be in the official business. There should be some national organization acting in some unified “vendor capacity” that hires, promotes, performance manages, and fires officials. In big business you don’t have a quality control manager/team report to the manager of the team he/she is QCing.

This is the kind of shit the NCAA should be making happen but that impotent/incompetent organization can’t get shit done so here we are.

To be fair, Mack Brown called for this decades ago.

One day this will come to light and all the sports guys will be as shocked as the financial community was about Enron.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

19 hours ago, statsman said:

We didn’t support the fiction that there was any value in their tier 3 rights by rolling ours in with theirs and sharing it all.

This isn't true at all. Texas first approached the conference about making a Big 12 network, and it was the other schools that balked. Texas then went to Aggy about an All-Texas network, and Aggy balked.

Texas literally tried to get everyone on board, and everyone said no. Then they got pissed when Texas went and did it by themselves.

Texas is very, very good at making money. Dodds very much saw an avenue to spin the Big 12's straw into gold. The fucking rubes around the conference were more interested in pissing into their own mouths.

Edited by WelfareBuysMyWeed
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Agreed, and I wasn't trying to make an equivalence with my comment but just noting that they have noticed a dramatic shift as well.

I really didn't mean you were making the equivalence, but others on this board do it with regularity.

Very linear types.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Scholz said:

Yes offensive holding and defensive PI calls ONLY go against us.  I love the haters focusing on that one spot and ignoring the 20 uncalled holds on the UH Oline.  Dishonest sacks of shit.

I didn't pay attention in this game, but there have been numerous short spots for us, and favorable ones for our opponents in previous games this season.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

This isn't true at all. Texas first approached the conference about making a Big 12 network, and it was the other schools that balked. Texas then went to Aggy about an All-Texas network, and Aggy balked.

Texas literally tried to get everyone on board, and everyone said no. Then they got pissed when Texas went and did it by themselves.

Texas is very, very good at making money. Dodds very much saw an avenue to spin the Big 12's straw into gold. The fucking rubes around the conference were more interested in pissing into their own mouths.

Sure. That’s all true. But that the rest of the conference turned us down doesn’t mean that they don’t resent us for marketing our tier 3 as the LHN and making that money. They believe that, once it was demonstrated that it could make money, Texas should have stopped and rolled everything into a conference network. They resent us for not doing that. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

"The conference, the media, and the refs are very biased against us!"

Every fan base of every college sports team that has every played 

Texags-Gold-FOI.jpg

The Big XII official that hires and supervises officials is Tim Weiser. He was an AD at KSU when the KSU president said he resented Texas for having so much more money. He has openly denigrated Texas. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

48 minutes ago, statsman said:

The Big XII official that hires and supervises officials is Tim Weiser. He was an AD at KSU when the KSU president said he resented Texas for having so much more money. He has openly denigrated Texas. 

“Ethics” is a meaningless word to these people. Remember how Walt Anderson reacted in 2015. He did nothing and told us to like it. Because all the other schools are more than happy to see us get fucked. Nothing has changed. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

“Ethics” is a meaningless word to these people. Remember how Walt Anderson reacted in 2015. He did nothing and told us to like it. Because all the other schools are more than happy to see us get fucked. Nothing has changed. 

Well something has changed. The big 12 no longer exists after this year. It's going to be the nu AAC really, people will give a small fuck about Colorado until they lose then the league is going to get ignored. They will be playing games on Thursday and Friday to try and get eyeballs. 

• Drool 1

1 hour ago, statsman said:

Very Texags. Seeing conspiracies everywhere. 

• Fuck You 7

2 hours ago, statsman said:

Sure. That’s all true. But that the rest of the conference turned us down doesn’t mean that they don’t resent us for marketing our tier 3 as the LHN and making that money. They believe that, once it was demonstrated that it could make money, Texas should have stopped and rolled everything into a conference network. They resent us for not doing that. 

Kansas has made a ton of money on their basketball tier 3 rights, and the conference or other member universities never publicly decried that or demanded that they stop. 

10 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Kansas has made a ton of money on their basketball tier 3 rights, and the conference or other member universities never publicly decried that or demanded that they stop. 

aggy stirred everybody up about LHN and T3 rights and then hit the door.   Nobody did same with Kansas basketball because as bad as the rest of them are, they are not aggy. Also, conference basketball money isn’t in the same universe as football money. 

Edited by Surly Bevo

7 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Yup and schools like Oklahoma, Nebraska, and Texas A&M all voted the same way with regards to equal on t1/t2 and unequal on t3 rights. 

He is also a grifter that fleeced KSU but pretends to love them, so people will forget he is a grifter.
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

I forget the details of fleecing story. Can you give us a synopsis?

Took "loans" from KSU to pay for personal property.   Plus more payments to several members (including Weiser and Bill Snyder) which had zero documentation, which IIRC Weiser claimed it was lost.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nivek said:

Took "loans" from KSU to pay for personal property.   Plus more payments to several members (including Weiser and Bill Snyder) which had zero documentation, which IIRC Weiser claimed it was lost.  

very on brand for the Big 12 to make him the guy that oversees the officials.  Jesus wtf

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1