2020 Texas Early Voting Numbers

StassneyHorn

So, let's assume for a second the polling was right and Biden supporters were more likely to vote early. I think the polling I saw said 70% early for those planning to vote Biden and 70% election day for those planning to vote Trump. But, let's say the real number is 60% for both. That would mean that right now Trump would have to net 2 million votes on election day to win. Given that election day has seemed to be capped at 2 to 2.5 million votes, that would require an overwhelming election day victory for Trump. 
Just something to think about. 

The UMass poll has it 52/46 for Biden among early voters. I’d rerun using those instead.

Edit to add 53/39 for Trump among those who had yet to vote.

35 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I took the total 2020 turnout and spread it according to the 2016 daily pattern. So closer to your second option.

I see. 

26 minutes ago, immamac said:

Really interesting on how it mirrors 2016 just higher. 

Yeah, that is because he made it mirror 2016. I misunderstood his process the first time. 

24 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

So who are the people that have yet to vote? Are they rural, old or young? Were they unable to vote due to no days off? How are they gonna vote on a Tuesday? Why do they think Trump will get more of the election day votes? Anybody know? 

Sign up for a textbank/phonebank shift with Beto's org this weekend and you can find out for yourself. They have several shifts open over the next three days. We need to touch base with all these missing voters. My guess most of them are still D's.

https://poweredxpeople.org/

Edited by Bruh Man

1 minute ago, immamac said:

I mean everyone knows you don't fuck with Texans or Texas. It would be one thing if they said they couldn't do it anymore, but throwing ballots out is fucking crazy. With 1 day to go. How will all those people vote again? 

Not easily. A lot of people who did curb side voting have disabilities.

2 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I’ve also read stories about how people who had no intention of doing curbside were directed to that line by poll workers to speed things up. This is nuts.

This.  NONE of those voters voted in bad faith.  They followed the fucking rules.  The fact that the Republicans are even challenging those votes is so fucking far over the line, there should already be people protesting.

The legislature needs to pass an electoral law that says "fuck off Feds".

But seriously I am failing to see how the Feds have jurisdiction here. How is it their business where you are sitting when you vote? Will the Feds insist on special voting shoes?

Edited by Valmy77

A judge throwing away ballots the day before or on Election Day would be interesting to see how it plays out.

if you’re a judge who thinks the law may have been broken by Harris county, do you attempt to toss them out immediately thereby giving those voters an opportunity to vote in person on Election Day? Or do you delay the decision but then potentially disenfranchising those voters? Or agree it was unlawful but that tossing out vote harms innocent voters?

is Harris county planning to allow drive thru voting on Tuesday? Or was it early voting only?

personally I stayed away from drive thru purposefully because there was rumblings of its illegitimacy in the first place. I also thought it to be less safe from a covid standpoint than walking into a voting center. I have zero evidence of that but just a feeling.

2 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Why is it illegal? What is the federal law that regulates where you can be sitting when you vote?

The argument is that state legislatures have exclusive power to set state election procedures. A local judge expanding, contracting, or modifying procedures is an impermissible order that lacks authority.

16 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

The legislature needs to pass an electoral law that says "fuck off Feds".

But seriously I am failing to see how the Feds have jurisdiction here. How is it their business where you are sitting when you vote? Will the Feds insist on special voting shoes?

In future elections you should bring all your shoes- so that you have them. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Foosters said:

The argument is that state legislatures have exclusive power to set state election procedures. A local judge expanding, contracting, or modifying procedures is an impermissible order that lacks authority.

Is it expanding the orders if they don’t explicitly address or prohibit something?

8 minutes ago, Foosters said:

How were the procedures modified? Does the procedure specify one must be sitting or standing in a certain way? 

1 hour ago, StassneyHorn said:

The 7 most populous counties in Texas have 297,034 more votes right now than the other 249 counties. Harris, Dallas, Tarrant, Bexar, Travis, Collin and Denton

Just numbers goofin, nothing to takeaway

254 counties, there Hoss.  We've found a prime candidate to tabulate ballots...

+1 on folks upset by shenanigans on 'technicalities towards otherwise properly cast ballots.

WE should be better than that.  Do it fucking right.

Edit: if comment belongs in another thread, I apologize.   Seemed relevant.

Edited by slorch

27 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

In future elections you should bring all your shoes- so that you have them. 

Trump election lawyers:  "the sidecar smashed into a polling place.  And the people that you work with and handle, I'll probably be suing them too right?"
Voters: "I don't understand what you're talking about.  Who are my clients?  I'm just voting.  Why you wanna sue me?"

Trump election lawyers:  "Why not?  Sue everybody!"  

Voters & Psychiatrists: "I'm sorry, I can't help you."

Trump election lawyers:  "Okay then, bye-bye."  

Good news for Trumpers, he has insurance.  But it was through a friend.  In Russia.