Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

15 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I could only make it so far through the emergency Looch but one notable thing he said was that Elko was deeply involved in the assistant / support staff hiring process from beginning to end whereas Jimbo would just call up Jimmy Sexton. Or at least he said something to that effect. What a fucking grift Jimbo was on. 

There is zero chance this is true. 

This is Billy trying to sell his subscribers on things being better under Elko. There is no fucking shot Jimbo was hiring coaches based on an agent's opinion. 

• Hook 'Em 3

11 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

There is zero chance this is true. 

This is Billy trying to sell his subscribers on things being better under Elko. There is no fucking shot Jimbo was hiring coaches based on an agent's opinion. 

Agree. His hiring practices were centered on these things:

Will they tell me what I want to hear?

Can I yell at them?

Can I blame them?

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, HenryJames said:

image.png

Things are so bad even Looch is flabbergasted and can’t spin it. It’s like taking a bunch of tanks to Golden Corral and they don’t want to eat there because the food looks gross and you are so blindsided you don’t know what to tell them nor have any suggestions on where else to go.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, MrBig said:

Things are so bad even Looch is flabbergasted and can’t spin it. It’s like taking a bunch of tanks to Golden Corral and they don’t want to eat there because the food looks gross and you are so blindsided you don’t know what to tell them nor have any suggestions on where else to go.

I went to a Golden Corral once when I was in high school. My buddies wanted to hit the breakfast buffet after a Saturday morning practice. I didn't have a car, so I went with the buddy who was giving me a ride home. We get sat and they all run off. I decided I was going to get some eggs and bacon, I guess. Grab a plate, walk over to the buffet, go to the scrambled eggs. There's a fucking green bean sitting right in the middle of the eggs. Green beans are the most disgusting food on the planet. I put my plate back, walked out of that shithole, and then walked home. Never again. 

Edited by closetojumping
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

I think the key thing is that things be funny. Any remark, post, exclamation, death rattle, diversion, or blasphemhy is fine if it's at least funny.

It's the tedium that I loathe rather than some priggish devotion to rules that drives me.

But, if it ruins your day and makes you hate ol' RomaVicta, of course, I'll try to change my ways. I'm not going to say that I can't be annoying. Sometimes I annoy myself. That God for my good looks!

41 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Both of you need to chili the fuck out, maybe hatch this out offline.

You were encouraging this kind of behavior, Roma, and it hurts. 

Step Brothers Mf GIF by reactionseditor

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I went to a Golden Corral once when I was in high school. My buddies wanted to hit the breakfast buffet after a Saturday morning practice. I didn't have a car, so I went with the buddy who was giving me a ride home. We get sat and they all run off. I decided I was going to get some eggs and bacon, I guess. Grab a plate, walk over to the buffet, go to the scrambled eggs. There's a fucking green bean sitting right in the middle of the eggs. Green beans are the most disgusting food on the planet. I put my plate back, walked out of that shithole, and then walked home. Never again. 

If I ever get to meet CTJ, I am going to do this to him with a greenbean. 

cucumber-cat.gif

• Haha 8

22 minutes ago, Scholz said:

I can't tell if his hat is on crooked or if his asymmetrical Picasso face is tricking my eye.

It is pretty difficult to tell what is symmetrical, what is level... Loogie's head defies the laws of physics, geometry, and anatomy all at the same time.

spacer.png

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

This reminds me of after game meals on our out of town high school basketball trips in West Texas.  Because we went a lot.  Unless there was a K-Bobs around.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Green beans, like most green vegetables, taste fantastic if you actually know how to cook them. Americans do this weird thing where they steam a raw vegetable and think that magically makes it edible.

Andrew Hattersley: Texas A&M set to host Old Dominion WR for official visit this weekend

Texas A&M will host Old Dominion WR transfer Javon Harvey for an official visit this upcoming weekend, a source confirmed to Texas A&M. Harvey was one of the first offers that went out from the A&M staff to players in the transfer portal along with UNT transfer Ja’Mori Maclin. Harvey has one year of eligibility remaining after spending his entire career with the Monarchs.

All five of A&M’s top receivers from this past season have the ability to return for another season in College Station though Ainias Smith could well opt to declare for the NFL Draft. A&M has still be on the hunt for more veteran depth though in the receiver room and have targeted Harvey to help provide depth at that spot.

Edited by satyanash
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Green beans, like most green vegetables, taste fantastic if you actually know how to cook them. Americans do this weird thing where they steam a raw vegetable and think that magically makes it edible.

Colossal personal pet peeve. Why steam vegetables? It's like they want them to be mushy and tasteless. Green beans are great if you do them right.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Was that your first and only interaction with the aftermath of Ketch at a buffet?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Green beans are edible, but that's about as far as it goes. They are, however, about the most truthfully and unimaginatively named vegetable.

• Hook 'Em 1

According to Dave DeWitt, whose expertise in the chile pepper field is as beyond reproach as it gets (and who has conducted extensive research on the alleged Hatch), there IS no such thing as a horticultural species of “Hatch chile pepper” grown in a place officially named “Hatch Valley.” After a long and vigorous study, Dave concluded, “It is my opinion that a geographical entity known as the ‘Hatch Valley’ does not exist and has never existed in the history of New Mexico. The village of Hatch and the other towns associated with growing chile (Derry, Arrey, Garfield, etc.) are located in the Rincon Valley as shown by maps of the State of New Mexico and the U.S. Geological Survey. The Hatch Chile Association has, without any authority to do so, renamed that valley the ‘Hatch Valley’ solely for purposes of obtaining a certification mark for ‘Hatch.’”
If it’s its own species or family, then what are the biological traits that define and separate it from other species of chile pepper? Dave DeWitt is the most published authority on chile peppers in America, if not the world, and if he found no evidence of any such profile in his lengthy research on the subject, then does it exist? So if no one has any biological proof that “Hatch chile peppers” are biologically distinct from others grown in the area, then in that regard, the “Hatch chile” has more in common with skeezy pirate code than actual hard-and-fast biology.

"Hatch Chiles" were invented by a marketing professional for the sole purpose of making them more exclusive, and therefore, profitable. They are an Anaheim pepper that are available year round at your grocery store.

• Hook 'Em 4

9 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

"Hatch Chiles" were invented by a marketing professional for the sole purpose of making them more exclusive, and therefore, profitable. They are an Anaheim pepper that are available year round at your grocery store.

yup.

i thought the modern take was that Hatch Chiles at one point were like Pecos Cantaloupes where differences in taste is attributed to the soil makeup and weather where they are grown vs them being a genetically divergent species.

granted, this was probably before the Hatch-ification of everything by said marketing professional.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Spoke with an aggy buddy of mine who stated. "Elko is getting us back to basics. No more flash and style, just substance and smashmouth football." Of course, I responded, "What exactly about Jimbo's tenure screamed flash and style." During the same conversation he mentioned that he wouldn't be surprised if Elko moved fall camp to Junction, TX like Bear Bryant...the conversation ended there as I was far too busy laughing.

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 2

I don't think the whole Sexton thing Liucci is talking about is that uncommon but also don't think it's the way Liucci is framing it (i.e., Jimbo was that lazy).  No coach is just letting Sexton make hires.  But I think if a coach is potentially looking to make a move up or out, that word gets to Sexton who then feeds it to HC's needing to make hires.  I think this is moreso at the coordinator level where Sexton can act as a conduit. Particularly when he is almost inevitably repping both sides.

7 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Spoke with an aggy buddy of mine who stated. "Elko is getting us back to basics. No more flash and style, just substance and smashmouth football." Of course, I responded, "What exactly about Jimbo's tenure screamed flash and style." During the same conversation he mentioned that he wouldn't be surprised if Elko moved fall camp to Junction, TX like Bear Bryant...the conversation ended there as I was far too busy laughing.

I have never in my life wanted anything more than to see these gomers pound their little dicks about the Junction Boys. Just tremendous content

Land 5*s —> we have top 5 talent and should have top 5 results

Lose 5*s —> they were entitled premaddonas and their 3* replacements are upgrades so we should have top 5 results 

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

I have never in my life wanted anything more than to see these gomers pound their little dicks about the Junction Boys. Just tremendous content

Rough, tough, real stuff. Those Ags are so manly. Blue collar!

Seems like just yesterday they were bragging about DJs and barber shops.

Edited by Tex Pete
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Vertigo said:

If I ever get to meet CTJ, I am going to do this to him with a greenbean. 

cucumber-cat.gif

We would immediately become sworn enemies.

1 hour ago, satyanash said:

Andrew Hattersley: Texas A&M set to host Old Dominion WR for official visit this weekend

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Colossal personal pet peeve. Why steam vegetables? It's like they want them to be mushy and tasteless. Green beans are great if you do them right.

Listen, I have sent "haricots verts" and the dish they were a part of back to the chef at a 3 star Michelin restaurant in Paris. He literally called me "le vilain Americain" and I did not give one shit. They ruin the taste of the entre dish. Sometimes when we would trend towards having to skip a meal before payday when I was growing up, my mother's last gasp to put something on the table would be old cans of vegetables. Cafeteria corn and green beans were usually what was left. Nope, I'll wait until groceries come in, thank you. Also, fuck people who bring green bean casseroles to potlucks during the holidays. I cannot imagine what that horrific monstrosity must taste like.

• Haha 6
  • Drool 1

4 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Rough, tough, real stuff. Those Ags are so manly. Blue collar!

Seems like just yesterday they were bragging about DJs and barber shops.

I've always wondered where the whole "rough, tough, real stuff" saying spawns from with them. Is that one of their goofy yells or is it something that they wrote up in a song or story somewhere? I assume it's another absurd origin story of their weird "traditions". I remember the first time I read the lyrics to their war hymn or whatever. I thought it was made up when someone posted it on Hornfans. Nope. They're just that fucking goofy.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I've always wondered where the whole "rough, tough, real stuff" saying spawns from with them. Is that one of their goofy yells or is it something that they wrote up in a song or story somewhere? I assume it's another absurd origin story of their weird "traditions". I remember the first time I read the lyrics to their war hymn or whatever. I thought it was made up when someone posted it on Hornfans. Nope. They're just that fucking goofy.

Yeah, it's in one of their songs or cheers. Life in College Station, Texas must have been boring as shit around 1900. Those idiots came up with things I would have to be delirious  to even imagine. That they enshrined them as traditions, well...

"Jim Bob, hurry up and change the dead dog scoreboard! Reveille can't keep up!"

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Sometimes when we would trend towards having to skip a meal before payday when I was growing up, my mother's last gasp to put something on the table would be old cans of vegetables. Cafeteria corn and green beans were usually what was left. Nope, I'll wait until groceries come in, thank you. Also, fuck people who bring green bean casseroles to potlucks during the holidays. I cannot imagine what that horrific monstrosity must taste like.

.....and when there was no meat, we ate fowl and when there was no fowl, we ate crawdad and when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Yeah, it's in one of their songs or cheers. Life in College Station, Texas must have been boring as shit around 1900. Those idiots came up with things I would have to be delirious  to even imagine. That they enshrined them as traditions, well...

"Jim Bob, hurry up and change the dead dog scoreboard! Reveille can't keep up!"

Even my fraternity "song" isn't as embarrassing as that fight song.  And the fraternity song was 3 degrees past nauseating...

9 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

WAR HYMN

Download Audio (MP3)

Hullabaloo, Caneck! Caneck!
Hullabaloo, Caneck! Caneck!

First Verse
All hail to dear old Texas A&M
Rally around Maroon and White
Good luck to dear old Texas Aggies
They are the boys who show the real old fight
That good old Aggie spirit thrills us
And makes us yell and yell and yell
So let’s fight for dear old Texas A&M
We’re going to beat you all to
Chig-gar-roo-gar-rem
Chig-gar-roo-gar-rem
Rough Tough! Real Stuff! Texas A&M!

Second Verse
Good-bye to texas university
So long to the orange and the white
Good luck to dear old Texas Aggies
They are the boys that show the real old fight
“The eyes of Texas are upon you . . .”
That is the song they sing so well
So good-bye to texas university
We’re going to beat you all to
Chig-gar-roo-gar-rem
Chig-gar-roo-gar-rem
Rough Tough! Real Stuff! Texas A&M!

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

12 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I have it on good authority that the rough stuff real tough is part of an old cadence they would yell during PT back when the Corp was mandatory and military service was required.