Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

33 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

The rumor I'm seeing on aggy boards for DC is Scott Symons from SMU.

Defensive ranks per ESPN efficiency as DC

SMU '23: #11

SMU '22: #90

Liberty '21: #53

Liberty '20: #83

Liberty '19: #99

No P5 experience and 1 top 50 D in 5 years as a DC. Yikes. 

Episode 1 GIF by The Simpsons

sounds like Elko is going to be pulling a Jimbo on that defense then? we've seen this one before

elkojimbo.png.0e09983b873a19d93f581d03d93ef665.png

• Haha 2
  • Prepare your anus 1

Oh man the spin on these hires is going to be gold.

"No, we didn't get the flashy big names & we didn't want them. Don't listen to the naysayers in Austin, a&m never really wanted the big names (Lanning, Deboer, Dabo). Sure we called them just for due diligence & if we wanted them we would have had them. If a&m offers Sark $10mm a year he wouldn't even finish the playoffs, he'd be on the next greyhound here if needed. But we didn't want them. We wanted the right guy. That's Elko. Same for Klein. Elko was given a blank check & he went and got exactly who he wanted. Big name? No. Big results? You bet. Look at the points he put up at KSU. KSU!! He just turned down PSU. PSU couldn't pull Klein but a&m pulled him away just by giving him a little wink because he knows what kind of opportunity this is. Just imagine what he's going to be able to do with all the talent right in a&m's back yard. Elko isn't going after the splashy hires, he's going after the guys that have a chip on their shoulder, ready to prove to the world that they belong at a top 5 job. That's what a&m is. Top 5. Ask anyone & the only people who will argue with you are the ones in Austin or the ones who are just jealous. a&m is a top 5 job any way you look at it. Facilities? Top 5. Fan Base? Top 5 - obviously the best imo. Commitment? Top 5. We just need the wins to match it & Elko has the right guys to get us there. I couldn't be more excited."

• Haha 4

54 minutes ago, StrippersAndNobelPrizes said:

Ok, my turn. Here’s some of my favorite KSU plays!!!

• 1st & Goal at TEX 6

(OT) Will Howard run for 2 yds to the TEX 4
  • 2nd & Goal at TEX 4

(OT) Will Howard pass incomplete
  • 3rd & Goal at TEX 4

(OT) Will Howard pass incomplete
  • 4th & Goal at TEX 4

(OT) Will Howard pass incompleteIMG_0150.thumb.jpeg.29b2630e9c51e83c8a4f9aa1207b6e70.jpeg

image.png.3b6498774a06de2c1aba80c939fd0c2c.png

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, TexasRenegade said:

Your 2024 LSU Tigers, football team sponsored by Texas A&M

1 hour ago, Vermin said:

Auburn, too. Aggy loves tigers 🐅.the SEC

spacer.png

I thought you guys were my friends. Gasp!

Beware of t.....u.....augh.

ETA It's the action not the species, my friends.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Ian Boyd has his head so far up his own ass, it's truly impressive the things he can convince himself of. He's the smartest football mind in any room that's ever been a room. Just today he was justifying how outside receiver is the #1 most important position in college football, followed closely by DT. No mention of where QB ranks in importance, but it damn sure ain't 1 or 2 in the college game according to him. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Chef Bezos said:

Ian Boyd has his head so far up his own ass, it's truly impressive the things he can convince himself of. He's the smartest football mind in any room that's ever been a room. Just today he was justifying how outside receiver is the #1 most important position in college football, followed closely by DT. No mention of where QB ranks in importance, but it damn sure ain't 1 or 2 in the college game according to him. 

Dude legit thought we should move RoJo to linebacker in his final year at Texas.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, nnm said:

https://www.sadiesofnewmexico.com/  

Go to the original 4th St location (well, the original was in a bowling alley next door, but this is the first stand-alone). 

You’re welcome. 

Of course!  Sadie‘s is a Day 1 or 2 automatic.  Our other personal favorites are Saggio’s and Golden Crown.  Saggio’s was the pre-game hangout for us.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 12/7/2023 at 1:15 PM, horny_gunman said:

Both of you deserve more rep than I’ll ever have; and seeing as I’ll be back in NM next weekend, Blake’s is definitely on the list!

Some people like Blake's the way some people like the deep fried burritos at Allways convenience stores but at Blakes you'll find they toss a thin frozen puck of beef on a cooktop and the quality doesn't really get any better from there. However ymmv as taste is subjective.

1 hour ago, mdleast said:

Of course: they are ALWAYS "really struggling" with their decision to bolt and ALWASY "going back and forth for a few days" before freeing themselves

They only have about five coaches on staff. It's not like it's easy to find someone who can take the news of your decommitment. The ones that are there are probably dodging these disastrous announcements of portaling and decommitting like a grifter eluding subpoenas.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chopper said:

Some people like Blake's the way some people like the deep fried burritos at Allways convenience stores but at Blakes you'll find they toss a thin frozen puck of beef on a cooktop and the quality doesn't really get any better from there. However ymmv as taste is subjective.

When I was a kid in the 70s-80s, Blake’s used fresh beef and it was awesome. Sometime in the 90s they switched and quality went down. The last couple of times I’ve been, it’s been bad. 
Allsups is terrible. They all smell the same (rancid, years-old grease) and the stink sinks into your clothes. I avoid it at all costs. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

They have lost the two best OL from the class.  The guy from Pacific NW is a head scratcher, as it seems none of the teams in that area are going after him.  Ivey has the shoulder injury, and the other guy is just your typical Cypress/Katy area kid that jumps at an aggy offer.

The PNW kid has some size too. I would think that Lanning or DeBoer could pick up the phone on NSD and tell him to flip his commitment and he would. Hell, Lincoln Riley may even be able to win that one. 

2 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

It's times like this that I wish @Bruh Man were still around to explain how this is all part of the perennial championship contending program that's being built in College Station. 

Just clearing out the chaff so the gold can shine.

Advantage Aggie...

Texas A&M--84 years of just enough occasional semi-success to keep the witless rubes in line, keep fucking backwards hillbilly shit like Yell Practice alive, and have them pining for half-ass, pagan acts of arson that probably won't kill them in any given year. 

3 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

It's times like this that I wish @Bruh Man were still around to explain how this is all part of the perennial championship contending program that's being built in College Station. 

It is amazing that his last login to this site is 9/9, or the same might Miami defeated the fighting Jimbos and we did the impossible in Tuscaloosa.

He went into hiding faster than @NowThis after that.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 5