Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Okay, so, seriously, Melko came in and reset everything that had been sold due to limited budget. Hence the big time guys pushing back to Feb or decommitting. 

With a limited kitty, Melko wants to focus on quantity in the portal and if big time recruits want to get uppity, ATM was too tough for them in the first place. 

This keeps getting better and better. 

Sounds Good Season 4 GIF by The Office

• Hook 'Em 2

Terry Bussey after his state title game.  

- waiting until Feb. 😂 

-  "I feel like there's a couple other guys (besides Aggies/LSU/USC/Ala) that will probably step in later on here and make a push."  😂  😂 

- on Elko and Ishmael Aristide: "Great football minded people."  😂  😂  😂 

5-star A&M commit Terry Bussey caps state title run with huge performance, updates latest on recruitment

Andrew Hattersley (Aggie 247)

Spoiler

5-star A&M commit Terry Bussey caps state title run with huge performance, updates latest on recruitment

Andrew Hattersley (Aggie 247)

Playing in his last Texas high school football game of his career, five-star Timpson athlete Terry Bussey could not have closed on a better note.

The two-way star took home offensive MVP honors after finished with 311 yards passing, 155 yards rushing and six total touchdowns helping Timpson capture their first state title in school history with a 49-7 victory over Tolar.

For the past few months, Bussey has been laser focused on getting the Bears over the hump after close calls the past few years. He set multiple UIL records in the first half with a 97-yard touchdown pass to Dacorian Johnson and a 93-run for a score later in the half as well.  

“It's truly a blessing being able to get this with my guys and for the fans, for the community, for everybody,” Bussey told reporters after about finally getting over the hump. “It's a blessing. God gives me this ability. Me just using to the best of my ability for my team, for the community, for him is just truly a blessing.”

With his high school season coming to a close, Bussey will now turn his focus towards the future. The five-star athlete has been committed to Texas A&M since late September but due to the coaching changes taking place in College Station he plans to wait until February to sign, he confirmed after the game. New Texas A&M assistant Ishmael Aristide and LSU cornerbacks coach Kerry Cooks were on the sidelines for the contest Wednesday nigh and both schools are pushing very hard for Bussey, who mentioned USC and Alabama as two others also making him a big priority.

“It means a lot for them to come out,” Bussey said of A&M and LSU being on the sidelines. “They're a big part of my recruitment, but I feel like there's a couple other guys that will probably step in later on here and make a push. But it's just truly a blessing to see them here.”

Bussey does not have a date set yet but said he plans to visit A&M before making a final decision along with several other programs as well.  

“Not any I need to visit particularly, but it'll be a couple of new ones that I visit and a couple return ones that I'll visit,” Bussey said.

His early conversations with new A&M head coach Mike Elko and others on the Aggies’ staff have been positive though.

“Getting to know new staff has been great. Just building a relationship with Coach Elko, Coach Ishmael Aristide just trying to build a relationship that I already with the other staff,” Bussey said before sharing some early takeaways he has. “They're great guys, great people. They know a lot about football. Great football minded people.”

As the A&M pledge turns his focus towards finalizing a decision ahead of the February National Signing Day, Bussey has plenty he will be weighing.

“Just weighing in everything,” Bussey said. “Future, me, ball, everything really. Just trying to make the best decision for me.”

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Okay, so, seriously, Melko came in and reset everything that had been sold due to limited budget. Hence the big time guys pushing back to Feb or decommitting. 

With a limited kitty, Melko wants to focus on quantity in the portal and if big time recruits want to get uppity, ATM was too tough for them in the first place. 

This keeps getting better and better. 

It was obvious that those fucktards couldn’t afford to fire Fisher, but they absolutely refuse to think through any decision. Elko and staff will cost them more than they had planned for and they’re going to have to pay up for a lot of their NIL kids. A perfect storm of suck, all brought to you by the university that hasn’t won shit in nearly 85 years. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Prepare your anus 2

8 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Worst change in the history of name changes 

Ooo this is my actual job, and I disagree. 

Southwest Texas State has great nostalgia and history for people who've heard of it before, but for students/staff who moved into Texas, families who hadn't looked at college before, or OOS students/staff it sounds like a community college in El Paso.

They needed a name to reflect that a) they're a serious 4-year institution and b) they're not actually in Southwest Texas. Anyone around the country knows "____ State" is probably one of the bigger colleges within that state. And it keeps most of the old name.

tl;dr if you'd already heard of SWT, the name change wasn't really for you.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Southwest Texas State has great nostalgia and history for people who've heard of it before, but for students/staff who moved into Texas, families who hadn't looked at college before, or OOS students/staff it sounds like a community college in El Paso.

They needed a name to reflect that a) they're a serious 4-year institution and b) they're not actually in Southwest Texas. Anyone around the country knows "____ State" is probably one of the bigger colleges within that state. And it keeps most of the old name.

After a night of sleep it's the second worst.

UT PanAm going to whatever the fuck it is now is a travesty.

• Hook 'Em 1

58 minutes ago, texifornia said:

All true and also exactly why TXST instead of TSU is dumb. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Southwest Texas State Normal College.

FWIW

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

Plus to outsiders it makes them sound like our little brother, similar to Michigan St, Miss St, Oregon St, Washington St, Mobliehome St, etc.

And…demotes A&M to the podunk ag school of Texas, the reality they have been desperately trying to change for years.  

I mean, they claim the A&M no longer stands for what it stands for, despite the constant bragging about the engineering dept, the hall of champions being full of meat judging trophies, plus multiple courses in chicken farming & other forms of animal husbandry.   You know, agricultural and mechanical focused studies.  

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

Plus to outsiders it makes them sound like our little brother, similar to Michigan St, Miss St, Oregon St, Washington St, Mobliehome St, etc.

And…demotes A&M to the podunk ag school of Texas, the reality they have been desperately trying to change for years.  

I mean, they claim the A&M no longer stands for what it stands for, despite the constant bragging about the engineering dept, the hall of champions being full of meat judging trophies, plus multiple courses in chicken farming & other forms of animal husbandry.   You know, agricultural and mechanical focused studies.  

They really should be embracing it rather than running from it. It’s all about STEM these days, and they’re decent at it as long as no critical thinking is required (bonfire).  They have a disdain for the liberal arts anyway. 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, nnm said:

They really should be embracing it rather than running from it. It’s all about STEM these days, and they’re decent at it as long as no critical thinking is required (bonfire).  They have a disdain for the liberal arts anyway. 

Agricultural and not so Mechanical.

31 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

TSU= Texas Southern for a lot of people in Texas.

I’m sure they could’ve bullied their way to being the dominant TSU over the HBCU, but not sure it was a battle worth fighting.

That's the point, that's not even a battle. If you're Texas State because you are going for more national recognition you are instantly the only TSU anyone who is part of the target demographic that @texifornia was talking about will even realize exists.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

That's the point, that's not even a battle. If you're Texas State because you are going for more national recognition you are instantly the only TSU anyone who is part of the target demographic that @texifornia was talking about will even realize exists.

A&M should have become Texas State decades ago, but they couldn't let go of their milkmen. That would have actually been a positive move to get out of our shadow. 

Edited by Vertigo

2 minutes ago, Ricky Butler said:

How could you guys not know how bad the situation is that I’ve been willfully misleading you about for 3 years?

Yep, all those paying subscribers should have pointed out that they might have an idea of the mess Elko was handed if the people they pay to inform them about that kind of thing hadn't been covering Fisher's ass by feeding them BS for the last few years.

• Hook 'Em 2