Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

1 hour ago, NoName said:

that was Brandon Jones heh

https://texags.com/s/19482/on-an-island-being-brandon-jones

TexAgs did a documentary (above) then he ended up at Texas

it isn't working on their website, but is here lol

https://vimeo.com/blog/post/staff-pick-premiere-five-star/

And they clarified that it wasn't a recruiting violation because texags is an independent media company

• Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Kinda going under the radar, but they really are building this staff in their own image.  Tell me this collection of men aren't at every single aggy tailgate that has ever existed:

image.png.d719938d8d93e3f0b073c070aa37a621.pngimage.png.3cd1c710eca893242c3e74449820bf81.pngimage.png.853f965d353395fbfb1ad25502329977.pngimage.png.66977f51ed3481a219bfb674869885b1.png

not sure who any of those people are, because they aren't part of the A&M coaching staff

image.png.575142bf49bb2a782ef18df0cbcd0b9c.png

pointing out again that Collin Klein is still listed as the OC for KSU

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Don't fucking fall for any of this propaganda. Wake the fuck up. This is an insidious plot to kill us all off via aggie misery overdose. Straight up Longhorn genocide. That's the only plausible explanation for what they have done to their program.  It's like the Holocaust, but Hitler using Three Stooges movies instead of gas chambers. 

First they came for Jimbo, and I did not speak out because mother of god, they are actually going to pay a $76 million buyout.
Then they came for Stoops, and I did not speak out because Texags is running their program and humiliating their AD.
Then they came for Elko, and I did not speak out because holy shit that suit button is about to give up the ghost.
Then they came for the Duke assistants, and I did not speak out because even they were like, "WTF? No way I'm moving to College Station."
Then they came for E Rob, and I did not speak out because OMG he's actually recruiting guys to fucking Syracuse off their roster while he's the acting head coach.
Then they came for the "NIL", and I did not speak out because the BMAs had to allocate that cash to paying off Jimbo.
Then they came for the five stars, and I did not speak out because Lane Kiffin is trolling the hell out of them on twitter.
Then they came for the committed recruits, and I did not speak out because Flipmas!
Then they came for the no name comfort hire middling inside LB coach of a DOA Florida program who got shitcanned by Mack Brown and cheated at Army... and I just don't know how much more of this I can take.

My biggest fear, outside of OD, is that I'm forever going to be chasing the dragon. 

You missed the best part - the part where we made the CFP playoffs, and might even have a chance.

This is all so much less fun for us if we're looking at a 7-5 record this year. And it fuels the panic... it's a catalyst for their desperation.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, ClubWhatever said:

Your takes on football populate the hall of fame of rake steps for this board.  But nobody needs waste time digging up posts to demonstrate that this place generally has negative predictive value.  It is known. My post was wet water.   Anyway I'm glad you figured out that Manny was bad under Mack but better under other head coaches.  Will Bateman pull a Manny?   

Nah man don't lump me in with the idiots I have a high predicitve value

51 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Kinda going under the radar, but they really are building this staff in their own image.  Tell me this collection of men aren't at every single aggy tailgate that has ever existed:

image.png.d719938d8d93e3f0b073c070aa37a621.pngimage.png.3cd1c710eca893242c3e74449820bf81.pngimage.png.853f965d353395fbfb1ad25502329977.pngimage.png.66977f51ed3481a219bfb674869885b1.png

The new OL coach should be pretty good though.

170420_3505931_Matt_Foley__Van_Down_By_T

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

34 minutes ago, texifornia said:

just to point out how terrible these graphics are, because of their lack of knowledge of embeds. just move the name down some?

image.thumb.png.894e935dfc1ebcfb90cb2dc241b0336f.png

so - you can't see who that is because the name is at the top of the graphic. so unless you know who #54 is off the top of your head you have no clue who it is

Spoiler

it's is Mark Nabou

image.thumb.png.21a01d885f908ff40c847f77df615cf4.png

also does the second guy live in Kyle, Texas? did they move the stadium? maybe he is from there?

• Hook 'Em 5

Bateman's defenses per ESPN efficiency. 

UNC '21 (#99)

UNC '20 (#76)

UNC '19 (#68)

Army '18 (#70)

Army '17 (#104)

Army '16 (#56)

Army '15 (#113)

Army '14 (#118)

Ball State '13 (#79)

Ball State '12 (#98)

Ball State '11 (#112)

HOLY SHIT. What a fucking terrible hire if he's actually calling plays. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4
  • Prepare your anus 1

49 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Some aggies were kvelling over Klein not kissing a girl until his wedding day. If I didn’t know any better, I’d assume that distinction applied to every one of the men pictured.

If we are doing lookalikes, considering Klein’s story, I’m going with Silas, the albino Opus Dei fanatic from The Da Vinci Code:

image.png.f8cb08a62ef8e91eb7f69ab873d42290.png

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

The new aggy coaching staff is going to be a real Who's Who of college coaches.

Just, not in a good way.

I imagine that any and every coach knows that aggy is still a sinking ship with a temporary three year plug. Elko wasn't a "splash" hire but a belly flop into the shallow end of the pool. He will be lucky to last three years, we know it, everyone in college football knows it, even aggy really knows it, deep down.  Any coach that has ambition to continue climbing a collegiate coaching ladder as quickly as possible knows that hitching their wagon to that ship could very well set them back a few years. They opted out of the short-term windfall to keep their careers on track.

Aggy is left with previously fired coaches that have nothing to loose by taking what could potentially be their last payday, or guys that are so young, and low enough on the career ladder that they can either use this as an opportunity to skip a few rungs with a good performance, or that still have plenty of time for their career to get back on track after a temporary setback.

CHIEF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

9 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

UNC '21 (#99)

UNC '20 (#76)

UNC '19 (#68)

Army '18 (#70)

Army '17 (#104)

Army '16 (#56)

Army '15 (#113)

Army '14 (#118)

Ball State '13 (#79)

Ball State '12 (#98)

Ball State '11 (#112)

What are PK’s?

Ignore this if it’s a pain to look up. 

7 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

UNC '21 (#99)

UNC '20 (#76)

UNC '19 (#68)

Army '18 (#70)

Army '17 (#104)

Army '16 (#56)

Army '15 (#113)

Army '14 (#118)

Ball State '13 (#79)

Ball State '12 (#98)

Ball State '11 (#112)

You know it’s bad when your former boss brings Gene Chizik out of retirement to clean up your mess.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3
  • Prepare your anus 1

This staff sucks. Who am I missing? 

Spoiler

OC (Klein): B-. Advanced metrics aren't bad but only 2 years of playcalling experience and it's an odd fit at A&M when you factor in the offensive style. 

OL (Cushing): B-. P5 experience at Northwestern and Duke. Doesn't seem like a great recruiter but decent developer. Feels like there were a lot of bigger names that A&M could have hired here that didn't have his baggage from the Northwestern days. 

RB (Taylor): C-. Known as a bagman which has little value now in the NIL world. This is aggys new version of Dameyune Craig? 

DL (Spencer): B+. P5 experience at Florida, Penn State, Vanderbilt. Coached in the NFL. Looks like a good recruiter but development/coaching looks questionable after being fired at Florida and bad defensive lines with the Giants. I'll give Spencer a B+ since he looks like a plus recruiter.

DB (Aristide): C+. Very limited coaching experience but looks like a decent recruiter that players like. Feels like a comfort hire. 

DC/LB (Bateman): D-. 0 top 25 defenses in 11 years as a DC. If he's calling plays this is a truly dreadful hire. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 minute ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Hide contents

OC (Klein): B-. Advanced metrics aren't bad but only 2 years of playcalling experience and it's an odd fit at A&M when you factor in the offensive style. 

OL (Cushing): B-. P5 experience at Northwestern and Duke. Doesn't seem like a great recruiter but decent developer. Feels like there were a lot of bigger names that A&M could have hired here that didn't have his baggage from the Northwestern days. 

RB (Taylor): C-. Known as a bagman which has little value now in the NIL world. This is aggys new version of Dameyune Craig? 

DL (Spencer): B+. P5 experience at Florida, Penn State, Vanderbilt. Coached in the NFL. Looks like a good recruiter but development/coaching looks questionable after being fired at Florida and bad defensive lines with the Giants. I'll give Spencer a B+ since he looks like a plus recruiter.

DB (Aristide): C+. Very limited coaching experience but looks like a decent recruiter that players like. Feels like a comfort hire. 

DC/LB (Bateman): D-. 0 top 25 defenses in 11 years as a DC. If he's calling plays this is a truly dreadful hire. 

Those are the kind of grades that will get you admitted into.......Texas A&M.

• Haha 9

8 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Reveal hidden contents

stopped reading a sucks

2 hours ago, Sejjr said:

After getting fired at Army for cheating he managed to hang around on the fringes of the coaching world long enough to get a massive payday from the easiest mark in the sport. Insanely impressive indeed.

He wasn't fired at Army

28 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Hide contents

Very on brand for them to hire a recruiter over development for the DL coach.

Brauninger spent a solid hour today bemoaning his point that college football is broken because of NIL and transfers without penalty. "It's a house of cards that could fall at any time." I guess if you can't beat them, join them, take your ball and go home. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis
  • Hook 'Em 1