Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

12 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

aggy roller-coaster going strong post Dealyn. Here's the playbook: 

- Better than expected showing against Okie State. "We had held Ollie Gordon under 300 yards! Whoop!"

- Bussey and McKinley secure their bags and "reject" the evil sips. 

- Looch repeating "The Elk will fix this in the spring portal window" over and over. 

- Surprise commitment during their junior day. 

- Weigman looks good in the spring game. 

- Their open practices look much tougher than Jimbo's and aggy anoints The Elk as a Junction Boy descendent and spiritual protege of Bear Bryant. 

- Texas has a scoreless quarter against UTSA and aggy pencils in November 30th as a win. 

Click, clack. Click clack. 

"It's the Junction Boys all over again"

Neglecting to mention the Junction Boys went 1-9.

Edited by Deej
  • Hook 'Em 3

14 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

A couple of posters on 247 that appear to have a history as insiders are posting on a thread right now. It's good shit, from our perspective.

Grimes was paid $200k after being benched at UNC to come sit the bench at ATM. $$ guys that got to know Mack back in the day asked him about that decision. He apparently told them that he couldn't figure out what Jimbo was doing at that point. 

Jackie Sherrill was shitting on the Fisher hire from day one but was never consulted. He's done a round of "I told you so" with the money, pissing some of them off who feel like he should have been listened to more during the process.

"Everyone else was on board with the Fisher hire. Not so much with Elko. He's going to have to prove himself."

Apparently RC Slocum was front and center in vetoing the Stoops deal and pushing for Elko. He's in the ear of the two biggest donors, who also happen to be the guys that are paying Fisher. 

They expect to lose more guys. "We're working with some of them closely, but we'll see" doesn't sound reassuring. 

Elko isn't impressing many with his coach hiring process. 

I'm using this tweet as a preview of who's next

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Teryor said:

I'm using this tweet as a preview of who's next

Noah Thomas had 3 TD's in the first game against that scrub team and disappeared after that.  DeBerry wasn't any better than what they suited out last night at CB.  The writing is on the wall for Turner leaving.

Looks like Moss and Matthews are ones to keep an eye on.

Nobody they've brought in from the portal should excite any rational aggy fan.

Hicks/S. Stewart/Dindy/Regis?  could make for a decent/solid starting DL, but holy shit, what do they have after that??

Edited by Elmer_Fudd
  • Hook 'Em 2

23 minutes ago, WBT said:

Stacked his way to 7-5 this year

I laughed but 9-7 in the ACC at Duke is considered good. That's the problem. It's not good in the context of the ACC. 

The prime example is Jeff Brohm this year. Went 24-23 in the Big 10, 3-3 in non-conference this year at Louisville, but finished 7-1 in the ACC this year at Louisville. The ACC is a joke. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Given the sheer amounts of no's they privately received, Elko was almost certainly the best they can do. I wish those no's had been more public to give Josh Pate's reputation a gaping head wound. 

My money is on Slocum didn't get an advice seeking phone call, became butthurt, and played his aces to scuttle Stoops. I can't find any links between the two, so it's not a personal thing. It feels like a process thing. 

• Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Given the sheer amounts of no's they privately received, Elko was almost certainly the best they can do. I wish those no's had been more public to give Josh Pate's reputation a gaping head wound. 

My money is on Slocum didn't get an advice seeking phone call, became butthurt, and played his aces to scuttle Stoops. I can't find any links between the two, so it's not a personal thing. It feels like a process thing. 

Glad you brought Pate up.  Go to 5:07 on this interview with Greg McElroy. Nice dig at his JP poll.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I just don't see how any legit coach could take a position at a school that is dumb enough to spend 76 million to get rid of a coach. If I were a coach that would not make me feel secure at all.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I just don't see how any legit coach could take a position at a school that is dumb enough to spend 76 million to get rid of a coach. If I were a coach that would not make me feel secure at all.

Maybe not job security, but it should certainly make you feel financially secure.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 2

2 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Every HFBC position is by nature insecure. Every coach should assume they will be fired, and the goal is to accomplish as much as they can before they get fired. Someone like Snyder going out on his own terms at KSU is extremely rare. Hell, even football messiah Patterson, with a statue outside the stadium, got fired at TCU. 

2 minutes ago, Junior Bonner said:

I think it was Bum Phillips who said that “there are two kinds of coaches - thems that’s been fired and thems that hadn’t.”

"There's two kinds of coaches, them that's fired and them that's gonna be fired."  Not sure if he started it, but some variation is a common colloquialism in the coaching ranks.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Duke fans were very happy with their ST units this year. Should be a huge improvement from Jimbo not even having a guy in that role.

It was a down year for aggy with their ST but this was always a weird criticism. 

Outside of this year, aggys special teams were good. ESPN efficiency rankings for their special teams prior to this year were #3, #28, #30, #11, #31 under Jimbo. This is just one of these make believe narratives coming from aggy to make themselves feel better about Elko. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Hook 'Em 2