Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

19 minutes ago, RabidM said:

Yeah, that's where I fall too.  Since it was talking about aggy, It was all believable until he dropped the 200k at Purdue last season.  Last season he 15 tackles and 2 sacks.  Ain't nobody paying 200k for that. 

He also didn't get 650K from aggy. No one is getting that much unless corporate NIL is involved.

20 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

He also didn't get 650K from aggy. No one is getting that much unless corporate NIL is involved.

They're utterly desperate at LB and this guy is a double digit sack player.  I could see it. 

9 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Elko put out 4 of his tweets today, to indicate commitments.  This is from one of those threads.

(I think this poster is believed to be an Elko insider.)

image.thumb.png.ee032ac2ff2abb61aeed2daa12f2b67b.png

Great news. They’re mortgaging the future by forsaking HS recruiting to go all in 2024 with the portal with a shit team.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Worked with Moffitt at LSU.  Probably coming to A&M to pass out puke buckets and write the 'lazy players' names in Moffitt's office windows.

image.png.7678ef72451e585efe52e6a29cb955eb.png

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/la-el-collins-on-cowboys-reunion-reset-button

Making it to year 9 isn't bad for being lazy. Kwon Alexander is still around, too.

7 hours ago, Vermin said:

image.png.7678ef72451e585efe52e6a29cb955eb.png

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/la-el-collins-on-cowboys-reunion-reset-button

Making it to year 9 isn't bad for being lazy. Kwon Alexander is still around, too.

I did a little research…something like 3 of those guys had 5+ year nfl career, 2-3 more had a 3-4 year nfl career, and 1-2 had a 1-2 year nfl career

2 hours ago, Redneck Mutha said:

Plan 2024 (TM)

Has anyone asked them why it’s so important to beat us next year? I mean, we’re going to play every year going forward. The Cold War is over. Both programs only get bragging rights until the next game. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Vermin said:

Great news. They’re mortgaging the future by forsaking HS recruiting to go all in 2024 with the portal with a shit team.

Will these guys ever run out of toes to shoot off of their feet?

image.png.0720a0b542bdcdb0b7807619d2423b67.png

Well, they're pulling in FCS players. Maybe they think they're in the FCS.

Get accustomed to disappointment.

11 hours ago, Getafix said:

Elko put out 4 of his tweets today, to indicate commitments.  This is from one of those threads.

Setting unrealistic expectations right off the bat.  Elko wants that buyout in record time.

22 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Setting unrealistic expectations right off the bat.  Elko wants that buyout in record time.

They're incapable of accepting that they'll have a transition year (like every other program that replaces their head coach) because that would mean they would have to admit they wasted all the money they spent on the 2022 class.

Former Texas A&M coach Jimbo Fisher talks dismissal, what is next for him and more in wide-ranging interview

https://247sports.com/college/texas-am/longformarticle/former-texas-am-aggies-football-coach-jimbo-fisher-talks-dismissal-what-is-next-for-him-and-more-in-wide-ranging-interview-with-pardon-my-take-224646955/#2341778

selected quotes:

On what he would say to the “Sliced Bread” message board poster

“College football changed on a lie. I am going to write a book on this one day. I am going to write a book. When he wrote those numbers, I said, ‘My God, where is it at?’ … The amount of NIL deals at A&M at that time in all sports combined – he said we (bought) our class with $35 million. There was right at $1 million for all sports combined (at A&M).

“That is why it upset me so much about it. You can insinuate all those things that have always been said. But you are insinuating that the families of – and I am telling you, that was as far from the truth as anything that was ever out there.

“And here is the big thing: all of the media went and ran with that story as truthful without ever checking it. And I am talking about the big dogs. I am talking about all of the people we regarded as highly-respected guys.

“College football changed on a lie. I am going to write a book about it one day.”

-

On if he ever imagined that his $76.8 million buyout would be discussed every day on social media 

“Honestly, I do not have social media. Believe that or not. I had guys who would tell me all the stuff we have to have and report. I mean, it is amazing. But it does not surprise me. Anything on social media now. Anything to get a hit or get a thing."

*Big Cat jokingly congratulated him on the buyout*

“Thank you (laughs). I am not complaining.”

-

On if he was blindsided by his dismissal

“You do not ever see it coming. I still thought we were playing well. We had a great game. We were hopefully going to finish out 8-4, have a chance to go 8-4 and then 9-4 and win nine games. And we had the injuries that happened.

“I really think the team we had coming and what we had going was going to be a really good football team. But hey, that is it. That is their choice. That is what they make. I wish them the best, and I hope those kids have success.”

*PFT Commenter joked about the Aggie Yell Leaders and asked if he creeped them out*

“No (laughs). They are great. I am going to tell you something now: those guys work their tails off. And the conditioning they are in, the amount of pushups and things they do – I always told our players that we have to be as good in conditioning as the Yell Leaders. Those guys work their butts off. They are good guys. They really are.”

full text:

Spoiler

Since Texas A&M fired him last November, Jimbo Fisher has stayed out of the limelight. But Fisher, who served as the Aggie head football coach for nearly six seasons (2018-23), recently broke his silence in a wide-ranging interview with Barstool Sports’ Pardon My Take podcast.

Pardon My Take, which is hosted by Dan “Big Cat” Katz and Eric “PFT Commenter” Sollenberger, released a new episode Thursday night that included a taped interview with Fisher. His interview lasts approximately 45 minutes and can be watched here, beginning at the 1:35:48 mark.

Fisher covered a variety of topics related to his time at A&M, his dismissal and even the infamous “Sliced Bread” message board poster. He also talked about the state of college football, the upcoming national championship game between Michigan and Washington, former Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston and more.

Here is everything Fisher said about his time with the Aggies and what is next for him.

On how nice it is to have a break from the transfer portal and the never-ending nature of college football

“The last two to three years of this thing, there has been more change in college football than ever. It is unbelievable how this has transformed. In February, you can’t have kids on campus, and in July you can’t. That is an NCAA rule. Every other weekend of every other month of the year, you are working seven days a week every day.

“And you’ve got recruits. You’ve got people. There is somebody on your campus and things going on. Our staff worked every other weekend except for those two months. So basically 45 weekends a (year) is what we worked year-round. It has changed.

“And understand this – think if the NFL was open free agency. And now they just passed another rule. It is unlimited transfers. It is not just one. Now it is unlimited and you don’t have to wait until you graduate.

“Think if every contract in the NFL right now was negotiable. It is unbelievable. And people are tampering with players. College football right now, it needs a commissioner. And we need to do this thing the right way.

“Go get your 50 or 60 teams – whoever is going to be in Division I – and make it more like the NFL. Intertwine your leagues of play a lot more so you can get a true playoff picture and play more like you do with the NFL and do it the right way.”

“College football changed on a lie. I am going to write a book on this one day. I am going to write a book. When he wrote those numbers, I said, ‘My God, where is it at?’ … The amount of NIL deals at A&M at that time in all sports combined – he said we (bought) our class with $35 million. There was right at $1 million for all sports combined (at A&M).

“That is why it upset me so much about it. You can insinuate all those things that have always been said. But you are insinuating that the families of – and I am telling you, that was as far from the truth as anything that was ever out there.

“And here is the big thing: all of the media went and ran with that story as truthful without ever checking it. And I am talking about the big dogs. I am talking about all of the people we regarded as highly-respected guys.

“College football changed on a lie. I am going to write a book about it one day.”

*Big Cat joked that Sliced Bread was a reliable source*

“It is just funny how all that goes, and then everybody just says, ‘Oh, it is on the Internet. It had to happen.’ That is as far from the truth as ever. And now, it has turned into a zoo.”

On if he ever imagined that his $76.8 million buyout would be discussed every day on social media 

“Honestly, I do not have social media. Believe that or not. I had guys who would tell me all the stuff we have to have and report. I mean, it is amazing. But it does not surprise me. Anything on social media now. Anything to get a hit or get a thing."

On how he has more time now

“You want to have success. I still think we had a heck of a team here – if we did not have some injuries. We will get into that later. But here is what I would say about this: for myself, I will be fine. But here is what you hate about that … all of the people in recruiting, all the support staff. Those are the people when a changeover is made – you are talking about 50, 70, 75, 80 people who can lose jobs. And the changeovers and everything that goes on.

“Those are the people you are sad for. It really is. I feel like I let them down, because we are not there. They were counting on me to have those jobs. And they do not have multi-year contracts. Our coaches, they at least had one or two years left on their buyout. They are going to get jobs. They are going to be fine. They will at least be able to get on their feet.

“The other guys who are on year-to-year contracts – like we were when we first started coaching. We all coached on one-year contracts. Those are the people I feel bad for, you try to help out and try to find jobs all over the place for them.”

On what he wants to do next

“I am going to let it settle right now. The good thing I am going to be able to do is spend some time with my family. I actually got to see my son (Ethan) play his last four high school football games. They got to the state semifinals. It was great, because you are missing that all the time. Working on our foundation for Kidz 1st Fund and all those things.

“But getting to spend time with them and normal life. It does feel weird, because you are working 14 to 18 hours every day, you wake up and go, ‘What do I want to do today?’ And I said, ‘Whatever the hell I want.’ That is a weird deal. It really is. But eventually when it is time, you will want to get back into it, get the right situation and get back into coaching.”

On spending time with his family

“Everybody says, ‘(Are you) fine?’ I am fine. It is the people around me who are putting up with me every day. They only had to do it for about an hour or two a day. Now, they are having to do it all day.”

“You do not ever see it coming. I still thought we were playing well. We had a great game. We were hopefully going to finish out 8-4, have a chance to go 8-4 and then 9-4 and win nine games. And we had the injuries that happened.

“I really think the team we had coming and what we had going was going to be a really good football team. But hey, that is it. That is their choice. That is what they make. I wish them the best, and I hope those kids have success.”

*PFT Commenter joked about the Aggie Yell Leaders and asked if he creeped them out*

“No (laughs). They are great. I am going to tell you something now: those guys work their tails off. And the conditioning they are in, the amount of pushups and things they do – I always told our players that we have to be as good in conditioning as the Yell Leaders. Those guys work their butts off. They are good guys. They really are.”

Edited by NoName
  • Haha 6

21 minutes ago, NoName said:

Former Texas A&M coach Jimbo Fisher talks dismissal, what is next for him and more in wide-ranging interview

https://247sports.com/college/texas-am/longformarticle/former-texas-am-aggies-football-coach-jimbo-fisher-talks-dismissal-what-is-next-for-him-and-more-in-wide-ranging-interview-with-pardon-my-take-224646955/#2341778

selected quotes:

-

-

full text:

Hide contents

Since Texas A&M fired him last November, Jimbo Fisher has stayed out of the limelight. But Fisher, who served as the Aggie head football coach for nearly six seasons (2018-23), recently broke his silence in a wide-ranging interview with Barstool Sports’ Pardon My Take podcast.

Pardon My Take, which is hosted by Dan “Big Cat” Katz and Eric “PFT Commenter” Sollenberger, released a new episode Thursday night that included a taped interview with Fisher. His interview lasts approximately 45 minutes and can be watched here, beginning at the 1:35:48 mark.

Fisher covered a variety of topics related to his time at A&M, his dismissal and even the infamous “Sliced Bread” message board poster. He also talked about the state of college football, the upcoming national championship game between Michigan and Washington, former Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston and more.

Here is everything Fisher said about his time with the Aggies and what is next for him.

On how nice it is to have a break from the transfer portal and the never-ending nature of college football

“The last two to three years of this thing, there has been more change in college football than ever. It is unbelievable how this has transformed. In February, you can’t have kids on campus, and in July you can’t. That is an NCAA rule. Every other weekend of every other month of the year, you are working seven days a week every day.

“And you’ve got recruits. You’ve got people. There is somebody on your campus and things going on. Our staff worked every other weekend except for those two months. So basically 45 weekends a (year) is what we worked year-round. It has changed.

“And understand this – think if the NFL was open free agency. And now they just passed another rule. It is unlimited transfers. It is not just one. Now it is unlimited and you don’t have to wait until you graduate.

“Think if every contract in the NFL right now was negotiable. It is unbelievable. And people are tampering with players. College football right now, it needs a commissioner. And we need to do this thing the right way.

“Go get your 50 or 60 teams – whoever is going to be in Division I – and make it more like the NFL. Intertwine your leagues of play a lot more so you can get a true playoff picture and play more like you do with the NFL and do it the right way.”

“It is just funny how all that goes, and then everybody just says, ‘Oh, it is on the Internet. It had to happen.’ That is as far from the truth as ever. And now, it has turned into a zoo.”

“You want to have success. I still think we had a heck of a team here – if we did not have some injuries. We will get into that later. But here is what I would say about this: for myself, I will be fine. But here is what you hate about that … all of the people in recruiting, all the support staff. Those are the people when a changeover is made – you are talking about 50, 70, 75, 80 people who can lose jobs. And the changeovers and everything that goes on.

“Those are the people you are sad for. It really is. I feel like I let them down, because we are not there. They were counting on me to have those jobs. And they do not have multi-year contracts. Our coaches, they at least had one or two years left on their buyout. They are going to get jobs. They are going to be fine. They will at least be able to get on their feet.

“The other guys who are on year-to-year contracts – like we were when we first started coaching. We all coached on one-year contracts. Those are the people I feel bad for, you try to help out and try to find jobs all over the place for them.”

“I am going to let it settle right now. The good thing I am going to be able to do is spend some time with my family. I actually got to see my son (Ethan) play his last four high school football games. They got to the state semifinals. It was great, because you are missing that all the time. Working on our foundation for Kidz 1st Fund and all those things.

“But getting to spend time with them and normal life. It does feel weird, because you are working 14 to 18 hours every day, you wake up and go, ‘What do I want to do today?’ And I said, ‘Whatever the hell I want.’ That is a weird deal. It really is. But eventually when it is time, you will want to get back into it, get the right situation and get back into coaching.”

“Everybody says, ‘(Are you) fine?’ I am fine. It is the people around me who are putting up with me every day. They only had to do it for about an hour or two a day. Now, they are having to do it all day.”

Why did I think of this when Jimbo is getting interviewed?

hqdefault.jpg

23 minutes ago, NoName said:

selected quotes:

-

-

full text:

Reveal hidden contents

I look forward to watching the College Station season of Money Heist on Netflix. 

17 hours ago, Getafix said:

They are indeed working day and night.  Gotta get ready for spring ball:

image.thumb.png.809e19bea442e839e9ba1a1add07521c.png

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Such fucking pussies who run away from daddy at every chance they get. Now they'll be behind Michigan, Ohio State, Michigan State, Wisconsin, and probably even Minnesota. Oh, and Iowa. 

Edited by Spider2YBanana
Added Iowa, a team that can reach 10 wins
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Such fucking pussies who run away from daddy at every chance they get. Now they'll be behind Michigan, Ohio State, Michigan State, Wisconsin, and probably even Minnesota. Oh, and Iowa. 

And Oregon… and Washington…

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stinkpalm said:

And Oregon… and Washington…

And usc…and scepter.0.gif

looking forward to their spin on how jumping to the b10 after over a decade of making the sec their identity actually isn’t running from Texas. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

And usc…and scepter.0.gif

looking forward to their spin on how jumping to the b10 after over a decade of making the sec their identity actually isn’t running from Texas. 

The funniest part would be that aggy interprets this as, "everybody respects us", when in fact like it was with the SEC, the  Big 10 just wants better access to Texas HS players.  

Aggy is that plain chick with a rich and powerful daddy.

• Hook 'Em 2

13 hours ago, Vermin said:

That would be a dream come true. Imagine pitching recruits on living in airports to play Rutgers on a frozen tundra.

Gotta keep that Jersey pipeline going. That opens up Delaware, Connecticut, New Hampshire, etc. They could dominate more than 10% of US states (that they probably couldn't identify on a map).

• Haha 1