Abbott being Abbott

Mo Horn

3 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

I don't want to engage in message board bullshit on something this important.  Do you have something you'd like to share?  Was there some finding that the jury did that?  

Fatty thinks its wrong to convict a conservative for murdering liberals. Even a conservative pedophile, though perhaps I'm being redundant.  Because he thinks it is good for people like him to kill people like us. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

I would prefer dickheads out of bail to not be out playing real life GTA on our streets. Apparently tongue in cheek comments are too much for you to handle.  Sorry wheels hurt your feels. 

WTF does that have to do with this particular case?  Do you not support the rule of law?

Don't answer that.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Fatty thinks its wrong to convict a conservative for murdering liberals. Even a conservative pedophile, though perhaps I'm being redundant.  Because he thinks it is good for people like him to kill people like us. 

I actually don’t gaf about either of those wastes of space.  The only thing bringing me any joy in this is the collective heartbreak it’s bringing yall. 

• Fuck You 14

5 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I actually don’t gaf about either of those wastes of space.  The only thing bringing me any joy in this is the collective heartbreak it’s bringing yall. 

Then, yes, you belong on TexAgs.  Your exact mentality is well represented over there.

Rapier108 said:
And the left is losing their mind over it, as usual.

Post some links of this if you can. I could use some liberal tears right about now.

• Like 1

I just like that these guys are a-ok with the precedent of “murders of those not favored by the regime will not face consequences.” Will they still be ok with it in blue states? Do they think “yes, that’s a good way to govern?” I’d like an answer to those questions.
We won’t get any such answers, of course, because the Fatties of the world are intellectually dishonest cowards, but you know, thought I’d ask.
  • Hook 'Em 4

15 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I just like that these guys are a-ok with the precedent of “murders of those not favored by the regime will not face consequences.” Will they still be ok with it in blue states? Do they think “yes, that’s a good way to govern?” I’d like an answer to those questions.
We won’t get any such answers, of course, because the Fatties of the world are intellectually dishonest cowards, but you know, thought I’d ask.

Fatty thinks the police will protect him. That’s pretty fucking stupid, given how willing they were to protect children in Uvalde.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Just so we are all clear:  

• The guy who was killed was legally carrying and also a military veteran, and was technically the one standing his ground since the killer drove into the area.
  • The guy who was killed was not texting underaged girls, but the killer was.
  • The guy who was killed was not wanting to go to Dallas to "shoot some looters", but the killer was.
  • The guy who was killed was not saying that it's ‘too bad we can’t get paid for hunting Muslims, but the killer was.

Republicans have a weird fucking fetish about defending incredibly shitty people.

Yep.  At least Rittenhouse has the decency to not be texting any teenage girls, ever.  And at least brought a med kit to the killing floor.  

image.png.37bb9cddd2963f41dca476b2a62290c5.png

Tin soldiers and Nixon coming. We're finally on our own...

Abbott's level of shamelessness is jaw-dropping even in these days. 

I don't know that there is an action against this criminal anti-republic organization that I would condemn.

I'm still shocked that we are here. I believe what I see and hear, but I am still shocked by some of it.

Crude, but I  don't give a shit. This is the face of wickedness.

image.png.9600611159f5d1f7f962652dcef340f5.png

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

I’ve had about enough of you. This is your last warning. 

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

• The guy who was killed was legally carrying and also a military veteran, and was technically the one standing his ground since the killer drove into the area.
  • The guy who was killed was not wanting to go to Dallas to "shoot some looters", but the killer was.
  • The guy who was killed was not saying that it's ‘too bad we can’t get paid for hunting Muslims, but the killer was.

Republicans have a weird fucking fetish about defending incredibly shitty people.

because republicans ARE shitty people

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, immamac said:

I’ve had about enough of you. This is your last warning. 

It's something else to read the early posts of the DT thread about the shooting - it's the exact same fucking rhetoric from the same shitty right wing posters cheering on protesters being brutalized by DPS. Now, it's a state policy that protesters have no rights and can be killed without penalty - fatty is just overjoyed with his policy win 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Gap03 said:

"Political beliefs"? 

Fuck ALL the way off with that bullshit.

Yep. Reminds me of:

Help, I'm being persecuted for my beliefs!

Really? Which ones, your belief in small government and fiscal responsibility?

No, not those... the OTHER ones.

Edited by ChuckNorrisActionJeans
  • Haha 1

I was just at a professional conference here in Austin. Talked to a couple of people who are retiring. Talked to a few others about their retirement plans. Talked to many others about their kids and their plans.

All of them are outside Texas.

i don’t think people are prepared for the serious brain drain this state is going to suffer over the next decade.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

In Texas - always, always shoot first and shoot to kill. Bullets center mass until they hit the ground. Take cover, never turn your back on the person that endangered your life. Be sure the person that endangered your life has zero chance of shooting from the ground before calling cops or let someone else call the cops. They may be faking to get a chance to kill you while laying on the ground. When cops show up, weapons on ground, hands up. Follow the officer’s instructions. Identify yourself. Do not answer questions 

Stay silent in the car. Never say a Word until you speak with your lawyer 

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

i don’t think people are prepared for the serious brain drain this state is going to suffer over the next decade.

Agree. We’ve basically got about half an economic cycle to change direction, but if we don’t, it’s going to be brutal.  My girls are already gone and I’m locking down my exit strategy by the end of the year. After that, Texas will be my permanent address for the foreseeable future but the 7th generation of Texans will have been the last. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

I was just at a professional conference here in Austin. Talked to a couple of people who are retiring. Talked to a few others about their retirement plans. Talked to many others about their kids and their plans.

Have started thinking about it myself. My youngest is a sophomore in high school, will probably stick it out for in state tuition but leaning toward moving after that. Never imagined I'd leave the state before the last decade of madness. 

But I will still never set foot in Oklahoma. 

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Hook 'Em 3

29 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Abbott and Texas maga gqp want that brain drain, double so If you’re a non white or female with any college education. This is all by plan 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Greg Abbott pardoned a pedophile?

If we can’t be sexting 16 yo poon (16 is legal in some states !!!) what did the founding father’s fight for ???

1 minute ago, tx 3 putt said:

Abbott and Texas maga gqp want that brain drain, double so If you’re a non white or female with any college education. This is all by plan 

Correct.  They are setting it up to where there are three classes of Texans:

Those who are too poor/stuck in circumstances to leave.  Gotta keep those people around, because you need wage slaves.

Native Texan cruel/racist/relatively wealthy pieces of shit.  They are building their utopia now.

Imported MAGA assholes - the class above wants to draw as many MAGA assholes as they can, in order to lock in their grip on power.

And that is all done by driving off any Texans 1) of intelligence/decency who 2) have the means to GTFO.

When our retirement day comes, we're fucking out of here soon after.  Not sure where yet (depends on where the kids end up...which we know will not be in Texas).  Every place has its pros and cons, no place is perfect.  But I just can't take the fucking relentless cruelty and meanness for the sake of being dicks.  It's the one thing I cannot tolerate, it's the one thing we told our kids we would not tolerate under any circumstances.  And it's our entire state ethos now: "how dickeaded can we be?  Whatever you thought, watch me top it!"

My family has been here since it was Coahuila y Tejas.  Until a few years ago, it never even occurred to me that we'd move away.  Now, I can't imagine staying.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 2

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Have started thinking about it myself. My youngest is a sophomore in high school, will probably stick it out for in state tuition but leaning toward moving after that.

My kids were adamant about leaving. And I made them a great offer to stick around. 
A college counselor told me she’s seeing it everywhere. For the first time ever, most of the smart kids the first choice is not UT or Aggy. It’s Ivy, high ranked UK (OxBridge, EDI, Glasgow,St Andrew’s etc), or non-Texas public ivies, because they see college as a way out of the state permanently.
Texas is a second choice or a financial decision. That’s not good. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Agree completely. They want to turn this into a resource-extraction colony of Eastern capital akin to Wyoming and West Virginia. 

And for my part, I’m kinda already there, mentally. Mrs.LL is from New York, and that’s where we’re retiring to.  I’m a sixth-generation Texan—my family arrived here shortly after the Past Unpleasantness Between the States—but I’ve already started regarding myself as an New Yorker in waiting.

I’m just here long enough to extract my share of the state’s wealth before getting the fuck out.

Edited by Ghost of LL
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

My wife was born and raised here.  She wants out.  I'm ambivalent, and both of us agree that there is no locale that checks all the boxes.  The thing is, Texas doesn't either (even Austin).  I can't see well enough into the future to figure out where we'll be in five years, but I'd put the odds at 50/50 "not in Texas".  We certainly don't need to hang around for our kids going to grad school in state, if that's their choice.

2 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

We’re moving to Colorado in a couple years. I could tolerate the Perry/W Pro-jobs, low taxes mantra but this full fledged MAGA dictatorship and horrible weather (getting worse every year) is the last straw. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

My kids were adamant about leaving. And I made them a great offer to stick around. 
A college counselor told me she’s seeing it everywhere. For the first time ever, most of the smart kids the first choice is not UT or Aggy. It’s Ivy, high ranked UK (OxBridge, EDI, Glasgow,St Andrew’s etc), or non-Texas public ivies, because they see college as a way out of the state permanently.
Texas is a second choice or a financial decision. That’s not good. 

This is my kids. They want out and it’s not necessarily political but at this point I’m not gonna argue. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)

My wife and I both have ancestors that fought for Texas independence, her parents have a framed land grant signed by Anson fucking Jones of the Republic of Texas. We are talking and figuring out where we're gonna go. We don't know where, but we don't feel great about raising a daughter here 

Edited by Captainant
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

The aren’t sending their best. Some, I assume, are good people.

Just remember, it was the California transplants that made the difference in the Beto-Raphael senatorial contest.

Born and raised in Austin. Three degrees from UT (humble brag), wife born and raised in Texas, mostly in Austin, graduate of Trinity. Both my girls were born in the same hospital I was in Austin. My parents are here. Wife's parents are here. We're about as rooted in this community, this state, as you can get. 

I've told both kids if you can get into UT then great, consider it. But if not, leave the state and/or country and you have our promise of support and a parental visit whenever you feel you need one. And when they do leave, we're getting the fuck out as well unless something material changes in the next 8 years. 

It just boggles my mind how 180 I've gone on this state.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/17/2024 at 3:57 PM, Ghost of LL said:

I think you're severely underestimating just how much the right needs this to happen to maintain control. If companies keep leaving "liberal states" for Texas because our state gives the farm away to get corporations in here on the backs of homeowners, the brain drain won't be as dramatic as you might think. Look at how solidly red North Texas is becoming outside of Dallas and Fort Worth. You'll be replaced but it will be by people who don't care how MAGA the state is becoming. Old Texas is dead and changing demographics certainly aren't going to save it. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

ok, honest, sincere questions for those who might know.

Does the parole board have to give reasons for why they recommend a pardon? Were any given? What was the gross miscarriage of injustice?

Any historical precedents for this? They claim it wasn't political, so then give me the non political reasons for the pardon.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, yoladu said:

Does the parole board have to give reasons for why they recommend a pardon? Were any given? What was the gross miscarriage of injustice?

Any historical precedents for this? They claim it wasn't political, so then give me the non political reasons for the pardon.

just letting you know now you're not gonna get the answer you're looking for

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, yoladu said:

These this. https://www.tdcj.texas.gov/bpp/Sgt_Perry_PR.pdf

but surely something more is out there. 

1 hour ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

These this. https://www.tdcj.texas.gov/bpp/Sgt_Perry_PR.pdf

but surely something more is out there. 

Someone ought to FOIA any correspondence, meeting notes, threats from the governor's office, etc., about the uncanny way they came to this unanimous decision. 

Hell, if I had the means, I'd hire a private investigator to dig up any and all dirt on the parole board members.

https://www.tdcj.texas.gov/bpp/brd_members/brd_members.html

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1