Abbott being Abbott

Mo Horn

12 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Perhaps his governing policy was like this earlier than I imagine, but Jade Helm 15 really sent him over the deep end. Whether Abbott believed in the conspiracy theories or not, he then realized the benefits of pandering to the far right.

I think his primary against Don Huffines really pushed him over the edge - he saw a bunch of money donated to a hard right primary challenger and I think it scared the hell out of him.

8 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Abbott getting what he wanted …

Damn straight. 

And within the police/military/national guard, you can bet there are tons of Oakley-wearing goateed goons licking their chops at a chance to bash the heads of liberal UT students.

Nothing more symbolic than MAGA goons cracking skulls on the campus of the state’s flagship university. 

19 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

God I hate that guy.

I know a huge chunk of it is his desire to please Jess Yass and the West Texas assholss, as well as trying to get Trump to notice him, but I think a major part is he probably feels like life fucked him over, so he’s going to take his misery out on other people.

• Hook 'Em 1

Was talking with west coast tech folks and I’m getting the impression Abbott and Patrick have screwed up royally. Originally, Austin was seen as a great destination for tech companies because of the favorable business climate combined with more central politics. 

Unfortunately, the far right policies of late, and the over the top political posturing have soured the tech community on the city and state. A lot of companies have now put on the brakes on future business plans in Texas. 

Dumbfucks. 

Edited by Dbeasy
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

I can easily leave Texas.  Leaving the US is a completely different kettle of fish.  It's a false choice, but Abbott in the Governor's office is far more tolerable than Trump in the White House.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

I hate Abbott as much as anyone, but if he's stopping more Tech Bros from coming this way, I may only wish a short painful death on him.

The only tech bros we’re still attracting are the worst of them - crypto bros

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

5 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

This is Abbott’s Texas.  If he could get aroused, he would be anroused over seeing cops beating another Texan that he doesn’t like.  He wants these protests.

They are not real Texans in his mind.   Or people.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Well, the hipster UT prof that authored that CNN editorial sure knows where his bread is buttered. Just another middle-of-the-road professor. 

Citing W as some kind of intellectual role model is laughable, not to mention lauding Civitas (et al). His editorial seems reasonable and well-intentioned, until you read deeper and realize it is grounded in philosophical appeasement. 

The "Mack Brown Distinguished Chair” out front was the warning…

Scares ya to death!

Edited by BevoAbyss

30 minutes ago, BevoAbyss said:

Well, the hipster UT prof that authored that CNN editorial sure knows where his bread is buttered. Just another middle-of-the-road professor. 

Citing W as some kind of intellectual role model is laughable, not to mention lauding Civitas (et al). His editorial seems reasonable and well-intentioned, until you read deeper and realize it is grounded in philosophical appeasement. 

The "Mack Brown Distinguished Chair” out front was the warning…

Scares ya to death!

Ha, I need to tell him that someone think he's a hipster UT prof. I can understand for someone like you, he's way too middle of the road. With that said, I'm also biased cause I'm in one of his classes in grad school. 

1 hour ago, mchookem said:

the people attacking higher education always seem to forget these same institutions managed to produce THEM.

Gotta pull that ladder up after they get in the boat.

And I have a feeling we haven’t seen anything - Abbott has got to be just seething with rage after seeing Paxton hanging with Trump today.  That impotent little man will be looking to see more people hurt in Texas because Daddy Trump ain’t showing him any love.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, BevoAbyss said:

Damn straight. 

And within the police/military/national guard, you can bet there are tons of Oakley-wearing goateed goons licking their chops at a chance to bash the heads of liberal UT students.

Nothing more symbolic than MAGA goons cracking skulls on the campus of the state’s flagship university. 

woke liberal ut students !!!!!!

very non white woke liberal ut student in there because of DEfuckingI !!!!

9 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

Was talking with west coast tech folks and I’m getting the impression Abbott and Patrick have screwed up royally. Originally, Austin was seen as a great destination for tech companies because of the favorable business climate combined with more central politics. 

Unfortunately, the far right policies of late, and the over the top political posturing have soured the tech community on the city and state. A lot of companies have now put on the brakes on future business plans in Texas. 

Dumbfucks. 

A feature not a bug. Continued influx of West Coast people and money threatens the evangelical wackjobs’ death grip on this state. They’d much rather Texas be a poorer, more backwards state they can rule than a wealthier more progressive one. 

Just now, Thermos H. Christ said:

A feature not a bug. Continued influx of West Coast people and money threatens the evangelical wackjobs’ death grip on this state. They’d much rather Texas be a poorer, more backwards state they can rule than a wealthier more progressive one. 

As a reminder, the Texas GOP literally made "removing critical thinking from schools" a priority because it "harmed parental control"

• Hook 'Em 3

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Disco Strangler said:

Wait - now A&M is the woke home of raging libtards and UT is the safe space for intolerant fascists?  
And Abbott actually makes me long for the salad days of Rick Perry?

Signs and wonders.  

sci-fi film GIF

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Disco Strangler said:

Wait - now A&M is the woke home of raging libtards and UT is the safe space for intolerant fascists?  
And Abbott actually makes me long for the salad days of Rick Perry?

Signs and wonders.  

Think about all of the aggy out there pissed off that a Longhorn Governor is threatening their funding, but at the same time, they don't like that aggy is being labeled as woke.

Maybe they'll transfer their allegiance to Tech?

• Hook 'Em 1

Kinda weird that Abbott, of all people, doesn't seem to understand how the PUF works.  Ironically about as well as the pro-Palestinian campus protestors understand it.  We're one business week away from him not allowing paralympic games anywhere in Texas because it violates his notion of fair play in sports.  

Can somebody please update the Simulation Version because this current one is getting weird even for me.  And that's saying something.