Abbott being Abbott

Mo Horn

1 minute ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I would make Rick Perry Governor for life tomorrow if it would save us one year of Greg Abbott. I would trade him straight up for Dan Patrick. Not joking. He’s the worst governor we have ever had.

IMG_1971.gif

I'll say it more directly this time. Abbott is a pile of shit. That's my opinion. 

I wish he was someone all texans can look up too despite sides in an argument. Someone that could elevate ethically on issues, but that's not part of his skill set. 

This dominion thing, and Texas doesn't even do business with em, is just glomming onto some make believe first amendment crisis. 

Poor little tucker! No one understands. The reality is that being full of shit in the court system just cost Fox ~750 million. 

So Abbott fan, where is the upside? I'm open minded. What does Abbott provide that secures your vote? 

PS: I'm not calling out anyone specifically. Neg if you want but kinda cool to just debate yo.

What you got? Hook em

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

You'd think that Abbott has reached an age where he'd give a shit about how history is going to view him.  He's been a Texas Supreme Court Justice, Texas Attorney General, and Texas Governor.  Those all, on their own, are impressive achievements (well, having an (R) next to his name did 75% of the work, but he still had to win primaries).

You'd think that he'd be focusing on projects that would benefit all Texans, and would leave him with some kind of legacy that Texans might care about.  Shit that would make Texans in the future want to name schools and streets after him, etc.

Instead, he's trashing whatever reputation he has and is chasing down Trumpanzees, including many outside of Texas, who only know how to shit in their hands and fling it around.  He's chasing Republicans who are more interested in Trump or DeSantis, and he's doing nothing that would give them a reason to give a shit about him and vote for him in a primary.  Just as bad,  he's shitting all over Democrats in Texas and giving them reasons to show up and vote against Republicans, and potentially flipping the state sooner than it would otherwise.

And he fucks up the simplest things, whether it was Uvalde or promising to pardon a white supremacist who had been looking to kill some people, and who killed a military veteran who actually was standing his own ground.

the big cities have to rise up against him 

14 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Greg Abbot, UT Austin and Vanderbilt grad makes Rick Perry, nearly-failed animal husbandry sciences major at aggy, look like an intellectual giant.

Ahh the good old days of Rick Perry getting caught on a hot mic (and camera) telling a reporter from ABC 13 "Adios, MOFO" and puling the "do you know who I am?" after getting stopped by a state trooper for a traffic ticket. Kinda like George W (both as Governor and President) he's weirdly aged well with the benefit of hindsight of seeing how bad of people can get elected after them...

Skipping Rick Perry GIF by Dancing with the Stars

• Haha 1

So Abbot claims he's both a Ravenclaw and a Gryffindor?  Makes perfect sense.  He probably even has a Hufflepuff tie somewhere.  But that motherfucker is Slytherin through and through.

As someone who tests as Slytherin on all the quizzes my wife and kids have administered, I resent that characterization. Slytherins are clever, strategic thinkers who get shit done. Not simps to bow tie-wearing candyasses like Tucker Carlson.

10 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

As someone who tests as Slytherin on all the quizzes my wife and kids have administered, I resent that characterization. Slytherins are clever, strategic thinkers who get shit done. Not simps to bow tie-wearing candyasses like Tucker Carlson.

Wallace Shawn Reaction GIF by CBS

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Slytherins 4 eva!

giphy.gif
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Evil Bill Obrien said:

Ahh the good old days of Rick Perry getting caught on a hot mic (and camera) telling a reporter from ABC 13 "Adios, MOFO" and puling the "do you know who I am?" after getting stopped by a state trooper for a traffic ticket. Kinda like George W (both as Governor and President) he's weirdly aged well with the benefit of hindsight of seeing how bad of people can get elected after them...

Skipping Rick Perry GIF by Dancing with the Stars

You know, I really hate that guy but I really never considered we would have something worse. The gimp in the wheelchair is such a terrible person. 

• Hook 'Em 1

You know, I really hate that guy but I really never considered we would have something worse. The gimp in the wheelchair is such a terrible person. 
He'd be just as bad and we all know it. He just didn't have to go full MAGA because he got his spot in the cabinet, curled up in a ball, and just let it pass.

Remember this bit of performance for the cameras?
AP743953044121.jpg
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, tchookem said:

He'd be just as bad and we all know it. He just didn't have to go full MAGA because he got his spot in the cabinet, curled up in a ball, and just let it pass.

Perry cared more about his donors than the people that Abbott so desperately wants to like him.

Also, Perry is considering running for President next year.

Abbott is threatening to veto the school bill and start calling special sessions if he doesn't get his voucher bullshit.

Once again, he's chasing the MAGA crowd who give no fucks about him, and not realizing that he's going to piss off rural legislators who don't want vouchers, because you know, they aren't building for-profit private schools in Butt Fuck, Texas.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Abbott is threatening to veto the school bill and start calling special sessions if he doesn't get his voucher bullshit.

Once again, he's chasing the MAGA crowd who give no fucks about him, and not realizing that he's going to piss off rural legislators who don't want vouchers, because you know, they aren't building for-profit private schools in Butt Fuck, Texas.

Nevermind that it's literally against the state constitution to take away free and first class public education. 

17 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Nevermind that it's literally against the state constitution to take away free and first class public education. 

13 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

By all means, let's waste resources by calling a special session for the extremely important task of dismantling public education.  

This could be a fight that embarrasses him, because he's going to piss off the rural legislators.  Actually, he has pissed them off, as evidenced by it already being shot down.

Everybody in the legislature knows he's chasing DeSantis, and it's fucking sad and pathetic that Abbott somehow thinks he could even sniff second place in next year's primaries in Texas.

It's like he took a blow to the head recently and lost all sense of self-awareness, and nobody around him is willing to tell him that he's looking as sad and pathetic as he is.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I hope he keeps pushing for vouchers because it will never pass and it takes up time that the Leg could be spending on more dangerous fuckery.  That he thinks he has a shot in hell in getting it is pretty damning evidence that he has a terrible political IQ.

21 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

By all means, let's waste resources by calling a special session for the extremely important task of dismantling public education.  

Well, when the Communist Democrats won't let you divert taxpayers' funds to your donors' private enterprises, you need more government to fix the problem.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Longhornfan1024 said:

So basically what we already go.  Good job wasting tax payer money, Texas lege.  

Yeah, I'd like to hear from some of our profs as to how those proposed conditions for dismissing a tenured professor differ from current standards.

11 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Yeah, I'd like to hear from some of our profs as to how those proposed conditions for dismissing a tenured professor differ from current standards.

Not much from what I can tell.  We already have an accreditor-driven five-year review thing that requires a minimum level of publications/conferences/etc (that is college-specific, but I wouldn't be surprised if other accrediting agencies do the same for other disciplines), and I do know a guy who got called into the dean's office for missing classes, and he was told that he'd be fired if it continued.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Bwahahahahaha! The Great State of Texas is now stealing ideas from little old Oklahoma. Gov. Shitt has been doing this for weeks now. Even vetoed a bill to allow Native American students to wear tribal regalia at graduation ceremonies. It has one nay vote in the legislature, so I guess it'll get overridden.  He also vetoed an NIL bill, whoda thunk that even fucking with the sacred cow of ou football wouldn't move the needle with our dipshit voters. These fucking people. When Texas secedes I bet Oklahoma joins them, and OU and Texas can just play each other a dozen times and declare a champion.

Edited by 'stache
  • Rage+1 2

Tuned in to some of the education hearings going on now and you can tell the legislators taking part are pissed at Abbott for basically turning their hearing into a meaningless task since he's already said he's not going to allow it since they legislated out what he wants. He's losing his own party in his own state over an issue they told him not to run on.

Thousands of people, elected and staff and volunteers, are going to miss a chunk of their summer with family so this shitheap can try to chase down Ron DeSantis to see who can fuck up first and have to suck Trump's ballsack.  Wonderful.  

10 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Thousands of people, elected and staff and volunteers, are going to miss a chunk of their summer with family so this shitheap can try to chase down Ron DeSantis to see who can fuck up first and have to suck Trump's ballsack.  Wonderful.  

One of those staff members has told me that rumor is Abbott isn't going to call a special session on School Vouchers till September for fear of thousands of teachers who have nothing better to do descending on the capitol for a summer special session. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Evil Bill Obrien said:

One of those staff members has told me that rumor is Abbott isn't going to call a special session on School Vouchers till September for fear of thousands of teachers who have nothing better to do descending on the capitol for a summer special session. 

Except that most do have other things to do, since they are paid so poorly they have to take on summer jobs (my daughter included--no pics).

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

16 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Yeah, I get the empathy, but if you sign up for politics, even peripherally, then you should expect some jackassery now and again.