Abbott being Abbott

Mo Horn

16 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Abbott hates Austin FC because it’s symbol celebrates trees. He hates the trees.

His bank account loves the tree.

Honestly, I thought the symbol was the Treaty Oak or something, instead of whatever bullshit they made up.  I actually thought that was cool and made a lot of sense.

That wouldn’t stop the Proud Boys or the Oath Keepers or the Three Percenters. Anyone who considers themselves a patriot can go anywhere and do anything regardless of ideology. Right?

Well, unless they’re black, of course. 

Edited by WhatTheBuck
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

14 minutes ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

I have worked next to the Capitol for a couple of decades and I've never seen them restrict any group from assembling on the steps/front like that. Seems like a legit First Amendment issue.

Since when does the GQP care about that amendment? It’s not the gun one

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

I have worked next to the Capitol for a couple of decades and I've never seen them restrict any group from assembling on the steps/front like that. Seems like a legit First Amendment issue.

Umm, the First Amendment just says I don't have to bake a cake for the gays. It doesn't say anything else.

Abbott squeezing George P. to "turn over" state lands to the new "The Wall" project, in exchange for an endorsement.  

I know they shut down recording/reunion rumors, but there has to be a fucking Pink Floyd album in here somewhere . 

Some of my harder R-leaning relatives are pretty pissed about this.  I pointed out that the puppy mills have a right to lobby and donate to Abbott, and they didn't appreciate that.

It's funny the things that really piss them off.  My aunt, a lifelong Republican, has publicly sworn to vote for whatever (D) is on the ticket. Some of the Trumpers bitched at her and she pointed out that she had changed their diapers and knew plenty of things about them that would cause their spouses/friends to look at them differently, which was fucking hilarious. 

I just want to ask "so you had no problem with all of the other shit, with what Trump did before last November, with what Mitch did, what Republicans in Texas did, but you draw the line at heavy chains around dogs necks or whatever?"  You care more about animals than your fellow Americans?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 4th&Five said:

Let people freeze in their houses? No biggie. 

Leave dogs on a chain? NOW YOU’VE GONE TOO FAR!!!!

The trashy base of the GOP will not have anyone infringe on their FREEDUMB to abuse animals. 

Edited by Js1

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

The trashy base of the GOP will not have anyone infringe on their FREEDUMB to abuse animals. 

Yeah, the Rs in my family bitching about it, the Sarah McLachlan commercials will bring a tear to their eyes, while the Rs cheering Abbott on probably have dogs on chains in their backyard.