Abbott being Abbott

Mo Horn

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

you’ll be looking back wistfully at this version of the GQP as a relatively kind and sane one. They are at a full sprint/roll to the insane right, and they aren’t slowing down.

The insurrection will be hard to top but I’m confident in their crazy to get it done. 

The insurrection will be hard to top but I’m confident in their crazy to get it done. 

Abbott will take it one step further and say Honduras is paying for it

Or they will empty the rainy day piggy bank and hook each other up on contracts.

Fucking morons running this place. Pretty sad.

8 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Y’all think the GQP is insane and shitty today. Just wait….in no time, you’ll be looking back wistfully at this version of the GQP as a relatively kind and sane one. They are at a full sprint/roll to the insane right, and they aren’t slowing down.

Some of us were saying this ever since your boy Dubya and his merry band of assholes stepped into the White House.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

That would make Texas the only minority majority state that votes conservatively.

Uh, this is not news? Florida will be there by 2024, for what it’s worth. That just goes to show how badly Texas Democrats have done with Hispanic/Latino voters in Texas. And it’s also a reflection of Texas’s white voters behaving like the rest of the SEC and being staunchly Republican.

This is jump the shark territory.  At some point, Texans spit out the bit.  Hasn’t happened yet, but it is foolish to assume that there is no line to be crossed.  

If Abbott is actually pedaling a wall, and that doesn’t cross the line, then there is no line.

2 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Some of us were saying this ever since your boy Dubya and his merry band of assholes stepped into the White House.

And that's fair.  Some of us were slower to see the iceberg ahead.

But once we see it......Jesus, motherfuckers, it's a giant iceberg, we should steer around it!

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

And that's fair.  Some of us were slower to see the iceberg ahead.

But once we see it......Jesus, motherfuckers, it's a giant iceberg, we should steer around it!

Now that’s thinking like a democrat in that you steer around the iceberg.  Republicans and their view of science would tell you to speed up and go straight at it so you can just go through it.  Trust us, the boat will be fine once we ram through that iceberg is what they will tell you and millions of Texans would nod along to that great idea.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Now that’s thinking like a democrat in that you steer around the iceberg.  Republicans and their view of science would tell you to speed up and go straight at it so you can just go through it.  Trust us, the boat will be fine once we ram through that iceberg is what they will tell you and millions of Texans would nod along to that great idea.

You gotta whip that icebergs ass! show it who's boss! If you go easy on it it will just keep stealing our jobs, and it will bring friends! 

3 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Bullshit.  Everyone knows that iceberg are a hoax, a lie told to us by (((globalists))) to control ocean travel, and keep all ships on a path where they can be taken out by their space lasers.  DO THE RESEARCH.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Bullshit.  Everyone knows that iceberg are a hoax, a lie told to us by (((globalists))) to control ocean travel, and keep all ships on a path where they can be taken out by their space lasers.  DO THE RESEARCH.

If global warming is real, WHY ARE THERE ICEBERGS?!?!?!?!

On 6/10/2021 at 9:54 AM, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

I am going to get that book.  I like Bryan Burrough.  I find his books are well done.

I knew he had Texas connections, as in lived here and has for a while, but didn't realize he was basically raised here.

Barbarians At The Gate is one of the best "business thrillers" ever written.

• Hook 'Em 2

I recently watched a relay race between midgets and a camel; the camel didn't relay.  I won't spoil it for you, but it gave me an idea for a PPV Event:

a race from the top of a ramp to the bottom of a ramp between Abbott and Trump. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bateshorn said:

Y’all are fucking hellbent on beating Mississippi in the garbage state department, huh?

Please. Lets not pretend this is a two team race. It's a ___ team battle royale between Texas, Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Tennessee, Georgia and South Carolina. And Florida and Ohio and Missouri and even Arizona are dying to be a surprise number called into the contest. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

15 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Please. Lets not pretend this is a two team race. It's a ___ team battle royale between Texas, Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Tennessee, Georgia and South Carolina. And Florida and Ohio and Missouri and even Arizona are dying to be a surprise number called into the contest. 

So this is what a 12-team playoff in politics would look like?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

On 6/9/2021 at 8:35 PM, Lobo said:

This is all setting off quite a chain reaction, almost down to Fitlump.  

George running for AG.  guzman about to declare from SCTX to AG race.    Buckingham gonna leave Senate to run for GLO Commissioner.  Her Senate seat up for grabs, so Ellen Troxclair gonna jump in and run for it.  I'm sure Dr. Campbell may try for Ag Commissioner with Sid fucking around.  So that leaves Fitlump inspired by many conservative ladies thinking about her next move.  $50 says she either declares for Mayor in 2022 or Empress of the Sun.  

I guess Troxclair is moving soon because she doesn't live in SD24. 

You just have live in the district 12 months prior to the general election date.  Lucky for Ellen, she's in the real estate business and has access to lease any number of supporters' homes in the far SE tip of the district.  Fellow candidate, Aaron Reitz, is like Ellen in that he's less than mile from the district border.  I don't know who else is running but it's a big swatch of Texas.  Although it includes a chunk of Travis County, it's the least populated part. 

You've got two SW Austinites, running right about the same place on the firm-right, but not completely far-right portion of the spectrum.  Both have plenty of party establishment bona fides.  She's already off to a head start in fundraising even though he declared before she did.  

I'm guessing somebody steps into the primary even more to the right of these two, and more 'of an outsider from those Capital swamp candidates'..  From the Hill Country or Abilene area. 

I'm sure the endorsement of Sen. Buckingham will go a long way in this race.  She is very well liked in the more conservative/rural areas of the district but is taken seriously by the party leadership back at the Capitol/Mansion.  Muddying maters may be that George P. wants to endorse Dawn for GLO (for now, could obviously change---primary still 9 months away).  George P. going up against Paxton, and Reitz came up under Paxton at the AG office.  I would presume although he likes Ellen (in a creepy way), that Paxton would endorse his former protege, Reitz.  Dawn would like to endorse her friend Ellen but Reitz will curry more favor with Abbott, Paxton, and Dan Patrick.  I didn't use to put much stock in statewide endorsements of State Senate races but the post-Trump world has proven a couple of favorable tweets from an Abbott or an Patrick can mean a great deal in a contest of who can be more batshit crazy? 

After the massacre in El Paso, Abbott promised he would make it harder for people who should not have guns to possess them. Then he signed into law a bill that eliminates gun licensure and training. 

i think he’s banking on Texans forgetting or not caring.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I'm sure everyone is setting their AC thermostats to 80F now.  Thank goodness we're not on the Ercot grid; that must suck.

We're all thinking: "Fuck, I should lower my thermostat way down, to get the place as cool as possible in case they cut power for a while!"

• Like 3