Abbott being Abbott

Mo Horn

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/07/08/texas-greg-abbott-fundraising-2022/

Abbott’s campaign coffers hit the balance after he raised over $18.7 million during the last 10 days of June, his campaign announced Thursday. The campaign said the cash-on-hand total was larger “than any other statewide candidate in Texas history.”

If he raised nearly $20 million in the last 10 days of June, that should be a pretty good sign to West who the BMDs favor.

And also makes me think they know the general will be interesting, to say the least.

On 7/7/2021 at 12:44 PM, bolverk said:

It's in times like these that I wish some of our more conservative posters would chime in and try to defend the policies of their party.

<GRHorn> Greg Abbott? never heard of him. </GRHorn>

• Haha 3

On 7/7/2021 at 1:58 PM, hayden_horn said:

i saw the bail reform in the tweet, and it was a breath of fresh air. then i read the bullet point, and it sort of took my breath away, in a major holy shit sort of way.

every time i think that republicans cannot get more odious, they do something like that and TOTALLY REDEEM THEMSELVES.

lime @bolverk, i would really like to see some sort of defense of that fucking bullshit agenda. 

no ercot or power grid?

nope.

but we got "lock em up," trans athletes, abortion, and critical race theory!

fucking assholes.

It’s the Republican playbook for 2022. Candidates all over the country are going to be campaigning on these topics and the messaging has already started. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

$55 mil war chest. He isn’t going anywhere 

Probably not, although it's still interesting he felt the need to raise so much at the end of June.

I do enjoy the though that a little chunk of it will be spent destroying West.  I think West would be slightly worse than Abbott.

1 hour ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

I only read through that 3 times, so maybe I'm just not being thorough enough, but I didn't see any reference to safeguarding our electrical grid.  Can someone point me to that part of the document?

It was a clerical error.  Texas grid integrity is Abbott's #1 priority.

6 hours ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

I only read through that 3 times, so maybe I'm just not being thorough enough, but I didn't see any reference to safeguarding our electrical grid.  Can someone point me to that part of the document?

He’s just kicking the can down the road and praying another snowvid doesn’t happen again before the next election. The grid is as vulnerable as ever. Nothing got fixed and nothing ever will while these republican clowns are in charge. Ever.

• Rage+1 1

From the Department of "Well, this might as well fucking happen".....Governor Abbott is hosting (and by hosting, he's gonna there for a couple hours) a half-day training-intensive conference on social media.  How to properly message and how to bring down Big Tech at the same time.  Because, of course.  And it's on a Saturday.  It's free for donors.  And it's being held at a Water Park.  

Will somebody tell me what the fuck is going on right now?  

Edited by Lobo

No, I don't mean like you donate $500 and you get an immediate invite.  I mean, if you're on any of his lists going back to SCOTX or AG races, you got an invite.  They're looking for digital soldiers to get training on how to bring down his opponents while it looks like they trying to bring down Big Tech.  It's a bold strategy.  

Alls I'm saying is I'm not riding doubles with him on the flume slide.  Seems like an awfully long trek.  

That's some professional blame-shifting right there.  Last I heard, it was renewable energy sources to blame.  Now, it's ERCOT's fault for shutting down power providers and power transmitters because the proper paperwork wasn't on file.

we &quot;fixed the glitch.&quot; it&#39;ll just work itself out naturally. - Office space  bobs question | Meme Generator

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, mchookem said:

it bears repeating in this thread every now and again to emphasize just how terrible he is...

Greg Abbott is a much worse governor of Texas than Rick Perry.  

That's 2021 for you.

If you had told me 10 years ago that the aggy would be a better governor than a Longhorn...

Sure Jan GIF

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

Abbot upping the ante

'They will be arrested.' Gov. Abbott responds to Texas Democrats' flight to Washington, D.C.

TLDR - the legislators that left Texas are being threatened by hot wheels with arrest and detainment at the capitol until the GOP passes its voter disenfranchisement laws. 

Edited by Captainant
  • Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

“You’ll get your pay back once you vote for these things I want you to vote in favor of”

Dems can keep stalling the specials until after September 1 when the lege is defunded and see how much desire there is to go back to work. 

2 minutes ago, NAVY said:

JFC. Can we only have a governor, lieutenant governor, and attorney general every other year like the legislative session? 

Fuck this these clown(s)

Made a few edits.

Oh, I left off Sid Miller, I don't think he'd be missed much either.

40 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

So Texas embarrassed itself with the February winter storm.

Now Abbott has taken it up to 11.

We're on the road to being worse than Oklahoma or Florida.

On the road? We left them back at the gas station 500 miles back

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2