The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

11 minutes ago, deech said:

What's really sad is how little this is going to move the needle at all.......

Well, that’s clearly the expectation of Treason Inc. if they’re just gonna try to soften the impact of straight up collusion with a hostile foreign government for the purpose of winning an election by releasing the information themselves.

Any normal elected official would be toast with even a whiff of evidence alluding to as much, but I really have no idea what to expect in 2018... outside of Mueller bringing the fucking hammer down with this, especially if it’s on tape or if Cohen is indeed a cooperating eye witness.

Speaking of which, is Cohen in protective custody at this point? I’d be highly concerned about his ABILITY to testify when the time comes if I was bringing this case...

Edited by Party_Taco

Both sides have let their drunk mentally ill wife get gangbanged and let their 11 year old daughter find the tape. Who are we to judge? 

I mean trump says they are the best people. I for one am gonna take his word on that. What evidence is out that he lies? Just ask the good reverend Falwell. 

And don’t you go speculating about Melania’s medical condition. Lest I whoop yo ass! 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Sort of. It appears that Cohen has informed Mueller that he is willing to testify to that. And his willingness to testify is what may have been leaked by Trump I guess, but it is not clear to me how Trump's team would know that. 

By releasing the info,  the Trump camp hopes to keep Cohen from becoming more valuable to Mueller and thereby screw Cohen's chances for an immunity deal. 

It's beginning to dawn on the Trumpkins just how screwed they are.

5 minutes ago, Satchel said:

By releasing the info,  the Trump camp hopes to keep Cohen from becoming more valuable to Mueller and thereby screw Cohen's chances for an immunity deal. 

It's beginning to dawn on the Trumpkins just how screwed they are.

I don't see why this accomplishes that.  Cohen's testimony is still necessary; they haven't admitted the truth of what he is saying, which is what would render his testimony without value.   It sounds to me like they knew this was about to come out, so instead of having it break and then respond defensively, they released it with a "Cohen's a liar" spin from the start. 

1 minute ago, Mojo Hand said:

I don't see why this accomplishes that.  Cohen's testimony is still necessary; they haven't admitted the truth of what he is saying, which is what would render his testimony without value.   It sounds to me like they knew this was about to come out, so instead of having it break and then respond defensively, they released it with a "Cohen's a liar" spin from the start. 

But still, how would they have known? 

you guys keep talking legalese, and i don't think that's the game the traitors are playing.  my bet is they've long known they are skinny-legged fucked if this stuff ever lands in a courtroom of the united states.  what they are doing is desperately pushing for the numbnuts to try to overthrow the country.  else they are plain straight-up screwed.

• Like 2

Tomorrow's felony Friday. Have to wonder if something big is about to drop.
I will offer my virgin anus to whatever prevailing deity makes the hammer drop. If a god came down today and asked for my butt flower to restore sanity, equity, and reason to the populace of the United fucking States of America in exchange to see Trump and anyone complicit in his crimes be punished for wrongdoing... well, I'd probably shit a fucking red, white, and blue rainbow and salute the goddamn flag and do my duty for country. I still believe in who we are and i will fight for it. I just don't think what we have right now is actually America. This is a mob run operation
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:
3 hours ago, horncyclist said:
Tomorrow's felony Friday. Have to wonder if something big is about to drop.

I will offer my virgin anus to whatever prevailing deity makes the hammer drop. If a god came down today and asked for my butt flower to restore sanity, equity, and reason to the populace of the United fucking States of America in exchange to see Trump and anyone complicit in his crimes be punished for wrongdoing... well, I'd probably shit a fucking red, white, and blue rainbow and salute the goddamn flag and do my duty for country. I still believe in who we are and i will fight for it. I just don't think what we have right now is actually America. This is a mob run operation

A deity that wants our anuses is preferable to Trump.  At least it's holee.

2 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

I’m the beginning of all of this I didn’t really think trump colluded with the Russians. I’m now pretty much convinced he did. And if proven true, he and his cohorts need to answer charges for treason. And receive the full punishment. 

Don't worry. We're about to enter the "collusion isn't a crime/not very bad" phase soon. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Don't worry. We're about to enter the "collusion isn't a crime/not very bad" phase soon. 

Yep. Russia should be our friend will soon be the talking point. They’re already planting the early versions of the point

Edited by hobbes2702
  • Like 2

I’m waiting for the trump excuse that even if he tried to collude (not a crime) the Russians has nothing on hilllary so no collusion took place.  At worst, failed attempt at collusion (not a crime.)

does anyone not believe that trump was aware of the don jr Russian meeting?  In what scenario would don jr not run to his father about that meeting before and after?   And if Cohen can produce other witnesses to that effect, don. Jr is going to be arrested. 

5 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

Yep. Russia should be our friend will soon be the talking point. They’re already planting the early versions of the point

Yep. During Helsinki, there was a lot of "wouldn't you rather be talking to Russia and improving relations" talk. It's not like they're conducting ongoing cyber attacks against our voting, electrical, and nuclear infrastructure or anything...

2 minutes ago, Tuco said:

I figure there is nothing illegal about Trump knowing about the meeting. But Jr absolutely committed perjury. Now time to prove it.

If the latest Cohen news is true, he’s claiming other non-trump family members were in the room when trump spoke about the then-upcoming Russian meeting.  Will all them claim Cohen is lying or they’ve forgotten?  Manafort has to be one of them. 

It does seem a strong likelihood that the main trump family crime will be lying to the investigators about incidents that are either embarrassing or only a political liability.   Buts that standard trump.   Lie about things that are best explained away.

They've lied about that meeting at every step of the way.  The story has changed every time information about it comes out.

It never happened.
It was about adoptions and nothing came of it.
Trump never knew about it.

You don't do that unless you are desperate to keep it's true purpose from coming out.  We're at the last step now.  The last lie is about what was agreed to at the meeting.

Edited by kevwun
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tuco said:

I figure there is nothing illegal about Trump knowing about the meeting. But Jr absolutely committed perjury. Now time to prove it.

Disagree on first point, but even if it is true I honestly feel all I have to do is wait a week or two and a story which will show that Trump explicitly agreed to dirt on Hillary in exchange for sanctions removal will come next down the pipeline. 

30 minutes ago, Tuco said:

Trump authorized a meeting with Russians to receive emails stolen from the Democrats for the purpose of working with the Russians on their common goal of helping Trump win the election.

One word to describe that is conspiracy. Another is treason if one considers cyber attacks an act of war.

32 minutes ago, deech said:

Disagree on first point...

14 minutes ago, RayDog said:

Trump authorized a meeting with Russians to receive emails stolen from the Democrats....

Let me put it this way: what Trump is being accused of is what Jr has admitted to.  By itself, it has not been enough to put Jr in cuffs.  If there is other evidence which comes out, it will be part of the case against Trump.  It's just not enough on its own. 

I have believed for a long time that this meeting was productive (and therefore illegal), contrary to the testimonies of the various parties. So establishing Trump's knowledge and input to it will be important in bringing him down.

Edited by Tuco

Trump authorized a meeting with Russians to receive emails stolen from the Democrats for the purpose of working with the Russians on their common goal of helping Trump win the election.
One word to describe that is conspiracy. Another is treason if one considers cyber attacks an act of war.
Yeah it brings Trump into the conspiracy. Now there has to be something illegal to conspire about which is still TBD but it's looking more and more like that meeting was tied to the Russian interference efforts. I'm confident they're all going to prison.

42 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

If the latest Cohen news is true, he’s claiming other non-trump family members were in the room when trump spoke about the then-upcoming Russian meeting.  Will all them claim Cohen is lying or they’ve forgotten?  Manafort has to be one of them. 

All of them will have to weigh the risk that Cohen was recording at some point, either phone or in-person, or has some other record.

Perjury is tough to beat if there are recordings. 

16 minutes ago, Tuco said:

Let me put it this way: what Trump is being accused of is what Jr has admitted to.  By itself, it has not been enough to put Jr in cuffs.

In case you missed it Giuliani's weak minded plot to discredit Cohen as a liar started by leaking that Jr. committed perjury in his Senate testimony.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

It does seem a strong likelihood that the main trump family crime will be lying to the investigators about incidents that are either embarrassing or only a political liability.   Buts that standard trump.   Lie about things that are best explained away.

I disagree Eddie, I think there is a lot more like treason, theft of services, money laundering, fraud, mail fraud, tax evasion, obstruction and blackmail.  But I do think the lying will be the smoking gun that fuels and justifies ongoing and yet to be announced investigations.  And once people start turning on them, then everyone will, including his base.

If anyone remembers the movie "Can't Buy Me Love" with Patrick Dempsey.  Dempsey paid the head cheerleader to pretend to date him, so he could be accepted as the cool kid.  He got a huge head, she outed him, he went to pariah in a flash.   Same thing here, bigger scale.  Dempsey came by his money to buy fame and popularity legally.  I would guess at the beginning Trump did too.  He inherited and borrowed.  But after those sources ran out he turned to crime to keep his charade up. 

We are at that point where he is about to be outed.  How well that is done depends on Mueller, and how well he does it determines how quickly Trump and his base crumble.

Edited by pyrohornIII
too many crimes!
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, RayDog said:

In case you missed it Giuliani's weak minded plot to discredit Cohen as a liar started by leaking that Jr. committed perjury in his Senate testimony.

I haven't read Guiliani's statements yet.  If it can be proven that Jr told Trump, then Jr absolutely committed perjury in his Senate testimony. To me, that's the bigger immediate deal.  It doesn't hinge on anything else except this accusation. 

If this did come out of the Trump camp, then I think they are playing a high stakes game of "Go Fish" with what Cohen might have recorded.  Previous reports have indicated Trump is willing to be interviewed by Mueller about collusion, but not obstruction.  I don't know how real that possibility is, but Trump's lawyers need to figure out what Mueller has evidence of.  By putting this out there, they start that discussion.  It prompts journalists to report on what they do know and interview sources over what they don't know.  It might even get a response from Cohen. 

I just think Trump is dying for respect and recognition.  He wants everyone to think he is this super intelligent person who belongs in the upper class.  That is why he doesn't care about what is written about him as long as he is described as a billionaire.   So he does all this stuff to look wiser and more popular than he is, which he figures will force others to accept him, even if they don't respect him.  Instead of a cheerleader, he paid Cohen, Manafort and others to help him pull off the charade.  His facade is about to get blown away by those very people.  And his family is circling the drain with him. 

I disagree Eddie, I think there is a lot more like treason, theft of services, money laundering, fraud, mail fraud, tax evasion, obstruction and blackmail.  But I do think the lying will be the smoking gun that fuels and justifies ongoing and yet to be announced investigations.  And once people start turning on them, then everyone will, including his base. If anyone remembers the movie "Can't Buy Me Love" with Patrick Dempsey.  Dempsey paid the head cheerleader to pretend to date him, so he could be accepted as the cool kid.  He got a huge head, she outed him, he went to pariah in a flash.   Same thing here, bigger scale.  Dempsey came by his money to buy fame and popularity legally.  I would guess at the beginning Trump did too.  He inherited and borrowed.  But after those sources ran out he turned to crime to keep his charade up. 

We are at that point where he is about to be outed.  How well that is done depends on Mueller, and how well he does it determines how quickly Trump and his base crumble.

Where/how does the wine-stained white suede jacket with fringe fit into this analogy? Is that the pee tape?

1 hour ago, Tuco said:

Let me put it this way: what Trump is being accused of is what Jr has admitted to.  By itself, it has not been enough to put Jr in cuffs.  If there is other evidence which comes out, it will be part of the case against Trump.  It's just not enough on its own. 

One big difference is that Don Jr ain't the POTUS.   Mueller's investigation of Trump would never lead to Trump being arrested but rather impeached.   

Let's go with the scenario that Trump did know about the meeting, and there is enough collaboration on that.  Perhaps not a tape but a few people saying he knew.   You will have the "MSM" and several Fox News anchors calling for Trump to resign for lying about working with a country at best described as adversarial.   

And if Congress is in control of the Dems, Trump will be impeached and convicted (if necessary.)  Enough Rep Senators will plead with Trump to resign and let Pence complete the term.